2013 Copa Centroamericana

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by slaminsams, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree with slaminsams

this tourney is about promoting central america soccer , and with everything else, it fails to even reach out..

I place everything on Costa Rica , went with the theory " build it and they will come " without any of the teams taking this tourney seriously ....

they just might as well do automatic berths

How do you want to fans to appreciated or even purchase a ticket , when quality is not being on the field...

the only benefit, tv rights.. available on tv , yeah but cmon now.

2. senorhenriquez

Aug 5, 2009
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I strongly support your assessment of the attendance/financial situation of the Copa Centroamericana, let's not forget that the name of the game is money. If UNCAF has the opportunity to make more money in the U.S, then why not give the U.S. hosting rights? Hell, it may even generate some more funding and endorsements from new sponsors.

We all need to realize that soccer/futbol/football or whatever you want to call it is more of a business than it is a pastime.

3. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    They aren't even close to maximizing their profit potential by playing Central America. The big money in football now is in TV money if uncaf would work harder on selling tv rights they could make a lot of money even if attendance was low.

Besides the gold cup is already the immovable big cash cow Central American clubs need to have something were they learn to host international tournaments given that unlike other regions they will never get to host the regional championship. Lack of attention to infrastructure will hurt potential profits in the future more then the short term profits the region gets by putting everything in the USA all the time and trying to milk it dry.

If the UNCAF moves it to the USA and every two years displays this poor level of play I give it 4 years max before it is in front of empty stadiums where as growing the sport in Nicaragua and getting better TV rights would make them more money in 4 years

mavericks67 repped this.