2013 Copa Centroamericana

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by slaminsams, Oct 9, 2012.

1. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    It was a straight red so then he would have one more game to go at least. Castillo said on the radio today the suspensions are why he didn't include Cheyo I am guessing the same goes for Pacheco

2. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well Cheyo regardless of the red I wouldn't call him up.

3. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Cesar Larios will be called in to the camp

4. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    And he is out due to injury... So two more strikers are being called with Fito going to Russia and apparently Burgos isn't in practice (some reports are saying he hasn't received permission from the club). Also Jaime is ruled out his club won't let him go.

5. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Would calling Dustin for the camp/training for the UNCAF be a good idea? Dustin did have a good season with a short amount of appearances with a couple of goals. He already played with the youth teams too.

Maikon wouldn't be a good idea since he should get some youth team experience first to see if he's good enough for the senior team since he has no club level game experience yet.

6. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Naw he's basically in the same boat as Fito, Ulloa, Osael etc. they want to plant themselves abroad in the interview with El Desempate he mentions that he wants to be stable before he (hopes) to be called up.

7. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Oh right I forgot about him having to train with the club first so he can adjust. That makes sense why he's not being called him.

8. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well at least this time we know its in the 1st division not the "1st actually 2nd division." By his wording.

I still wonder why Ernesto gets no attention since strikers are needed with most of them going out of the country.

9. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    That's actually a good question. I also have no idea if Ernesto still playing with that club in 2nd division Argentina or if he's playing well with that club. I wonder why the federation not keeping up with him? He looked like he had potential with his speed, touch, dribbling ability, and how well went up against players on the offense with the little amount of time he was on the field with the U-23.

The more talented players the team has the better. There's more to choose from if a player not available if a club won't lend him for international matche(s), injuries, and etc.

10. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I know I've pestered Hugo about it but I guess even he doesn't know.

11. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Burgos will join the team on Wednesday. So what do you guys know of Santamaria from Tecla is he worth taking a look at?

12. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    He is worth looking at now that we are going younger. He is inconsistent but that can be said of all our football players.

FESFUT won't set up any international friendlies prior to the tournament. The team will just take on local sides ridiculous when you are trying to develop young players to play at the international level the whole point is to get them experience playing national teams

http://www.elsalvadorfc.com/2012-12-24-fogueos-nacionales-para-la-selecta

13. Droman x

Droman x Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Dustin Corea deserves a shot at the national team. Despite his discipline problems i would love for him to join us in the central american cup. But i think he won't since he is going to 1st division norway. :(

14. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I agree the Federation takes the UNCAF tournament lightly as if they were friendlies and like if they ever won the tournament. They should get friendlies before the UNCAF and take the tournament serious.

15. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Castillo habla de Dustin Corea
    http://www.elsalvadorfc.com/2012-12-24-dustin-en-la-seleccion

16. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  17. Droman x

Droman x Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree the problem is that those clubs where our players play they don't transmit their games. So i guess Castillo don't want to gamble on bringing players abroad if there not on a good level. I think that's a smart move.

18. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Purdy won't be joining the team because he is looking for an MLS team to join.

Christian Castillo has joined the team

19. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The NT will play a friendly against Santa Tecla on the 5th at 7:30.

20. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    They have until the 10th to release the definitive list of players who will participate in the tournament so not much time for Castillo.

Also captain options are Mardoqueo (no way), Rafa Burgos and Dago. I'm leaning towards Rafa I'm hoping that another keeper is starting but by the captain nominations it sounds like Dago is going to be the #1 keeper.

21. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Mardo becoming captain would be such a bad choice it would make me think hiring La Chochera was a mistake. Talk about sending the wrong message to all the young guys he is trying to bring along

22. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
  23. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Marathon has given permission for Lester Blanco to leave and represent El Salvador in La Copa Centroamericana. Should be some good news.

What kind of squad are you bringing? Enough to challenge for the cup? or just enough to book a place in this summer's Copa Oro?

25. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    Just enough to qualify for the Copa Oro if that. Between injuries, guys trying to figure out their new club situation, and guys that didn't know what the call up would look like so they went on vacation it has been tough for the new coach to get a full practice going and now he is calling in guys like Ramirez just out of necessity.