2013 Confederations Cup - Discussion Thread VOL. I

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Gio D Santos 17, Dec 1, 2012.

1. El Burro

El Burro Member

Jan 25, 2009
    San Pancho, Califas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hmm. I doubt the Japanese federation and media is like the FMF when it comes to this. The prostitutes might actually help the team relieve some steam and play better.

2. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    LOL on totally missing the joke. I'll just explain. Last Confederations Cup after Egypt beat Italy (and had almost tied Brazil before that) they had some prostitutes over and they ended up stealing their stuff and creating a huge scandal. Egypt the proceeded to play like shit against the US and lost 3-0. That's what I was referring too.

3. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Stop.......that argument is always about commitment and your delusional reasoning for his absence, not talent. You try and Blame el TRI for him not being a factor at arsenal lol.

I'm not butthurt, im just not enamored with them like you are. Hes busy playing fifa and twitter flirting (Not that theres anything wrong with that). Futbol wise, meh.

The reality of young futbol players achieving things with mexico ? Brb lemme go scan all those photos of the trophy ceremonies and international tournaments for him.

A promise? Yes. Reality.....No.

lol misguided by what context? Lets be honest, you mean "wrong" you just wanna stretch your posts with random vocabulary under the impression that it validates something.

No its a matter of reality. His coach has basically confirmed it.

No its not. Its a matter of reality, his coach has publicly said he needs to go out and get a loan option because he wont be playing. He's not good enough, there's nothing wrong with that. He can go to another club and be a good player. He's just not of the high tier the team demands. Look how subtle he looks on the field.

The thing is things AREN'T panning out for him. Thus the NT HAS turned to other options.

[​IMG]

4. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Okay, honestly ANYONE is gold cup material, but Rafa you disagree that we could take someone else to the GC and win it still? Don't be surprised if Chepo feels someone else has been part of his process somewhat more and doesn't even call Jona.

5. ruckirus

ruckirus Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Vilanova: "Jonathan dos Santos is doing great on training. I thought a loan would be good for him to return later, but I believe in him."

I honestly see no midfielder standing out over the rest.

jrinsd19 repped this.
  6. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Thats actually better, but he still reaffirms his stance about the loan.

7. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I would've felt a lot better about Jona if he had accepted that loan. Stupid, stupid career move.

8. GonnagetKICKEDout

Oct 5, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    excited for the cup to start. I hope mexico win it and we have the team to do it.

yaboy repped this.
  9. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    After they tied Leon prior to the Olympics, people were flippin out and there you were with the typical doom and gloom shit. Always trying to be "conservative" and play it safe.

Live a little man.

ahhh when all else fails, let us lean upon revisionist history

It must really suck to live on both ends of the emotional spectrum like you do and you obviously have difficulty processing opinions that aren't as bipolar as yours.

When it comes to Chaton, I always defended his contributions, which were more than obvious to me, as well as his potential but I'm not surprised you turn that into "slurping."

Same thing with Mier. Pars and I stood up for the kid and offered different points of view regarding his performances and potential and that was also referred to as "slurping."

El tiempo lo pone a cada uno en su lugar.

Your metrics and definitions are myopic and I made that rather clear.

Repito;

Saying he "didn't stand out heads and shoulders above anyone else" is myopic because the kid is a center mid, not a forward or attacking player. He won't stand out the way a forward does or wide mid does but he did stand out in the way he kept the ball moving quickly and took minimal touches and how he saw the field and open space. It was a promising 45 minutes but he also lacked a bit of defensive work and his positioning wasn't as good as I would've liked.

We agreed on that and I touched on it in my first post.

Lalo37 repped this.
  10. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    If you're going to bring up rehashed arguments at least have the decency to provide context.

You're acting like a scorned ex girlfriend. Anytime these two are mentioned you flare up.

It's cool if you don't think much of them, it's a matter of opinion anyway but it's hard to engage you in conversation when you say shit like Jona not being good enough for the GC squad.

I mean, the mediotiempo trolls ain't got nothing on you bud

Someone explain to this dude the differences between club and international football.

And Chaton, Herrera, Gullit and all these other great prospects are realities?

What the f*ck does that even mean?

We won't know if these guys are "realities" until their careers are done and I didn't claim Jona was a reality. I said he was a great prospect.

Do yourself a favor and read shit before you reply.

Saying Jona wasn't good enough to be a part of the GC squad isn't misguided?

Are you f*ckin serious?

Now you're just trolling yourself.

Let's revisit this topic in 10 years.

brb, gonna go cop a gif and try to make you look stupid....oh wait, this isn't NSR?

Stick to the NSR stuff, that's where you really shine.

El Mariachi, Lalo37 and Mr. Pink repped this.
  11. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    That's a far cry from me going on and saying the team isn't going to do shit like you're saying I did. And I stand by the cautious thing which is a lot better than the rollercoaster spazzing seen on the board of "we are world killers" when we do good and "we are the biggest shits ever" when we do bad which was seen all thru the olympic tournament by the majority.

Spare me that it's not slurping. You had criticism to even people who pointed out the very reality that Chaton losses a lot of passes. And I love how it's me having bipolar opinions when it's pretty clear that you go on and criticize every criticism to a player you like but have no problem constantly criticizing either (like your Torrado/Castro campaign and Zavala is the solution to all our problems thing).

If that is your take, then why take umbrage on me telling people to chill out and not criticizing people who clearly think he's head above shoulder everyone and our best midfielder. Like I said, when it's players you like, you have no problem with overpraise and vice versa.

12. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I was honestly hoping to face Spain in the group stage, that way we know what to expect if we were to face them again. Just my 2 cents. :)

13. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    That thing you do, you do it very well.

There was an argument about the Mexico-Argentina game in Colombia last year where people were blaming Chaton for Lamela's goal even though it was deBuen's sloppy play that lead to the counter in which Argentina scored. I guess pointing that out equals slurping.

Dude get over it. Castro was shit while he was a starter (slightly less shitty in the GC final) and everyone knows that. Are you his brother or something?

We all know Castro and Torrado were the weakest link on the team so we're not reinventing the wheel or anything.

Salcido ain't much of an upgrade and Zavala, at the very least, doesn't get outmuscled or beat on aerial balls in the center of the field.

The argument was ALWAYS to try different players in the center of the field and NOT Chaton or Herrera at that time. I was always very clear about that, they weren't ready to take over but you're getting mixed up and spitting out these generalized statements of what I said or didn't say.

I criticized the way you measured his performance. That was all.

If people truly think he's clearly heads and shoulders above everyone then take it up with them. I never said that. I said he was one of our best players against Colombia back in February and that is far cry from me saying he's our best midfielder. I criticized the way you measured his performance. That was all.[/quote]

14. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    The Castro thing is because you know fail to go on about how you slurp on players when for months it was all about how Castro and Torrado sucked and how Zavala was the answer to all our problem which is basically the same argument now with the Jona guys. I specifically remember saying how Zavala should be capped but he wasn't going to be as great and from the ground running as you make it out to be. And eventhough it's other factor, I think it's what happened because the team hasn't looked overly superior with Zavala than it did during the Castro/ Torrado era. That is precisely what the argument is because people are starting to say he's our best mid and proof for the Colombia which all leads to the inevitable turning on him when he fails to equal that performance especially because of his lack of playing time.

And as for Chaton, it wasn't just the Argentina game as he got plenty of criticism since he didn't turn it around until the Colombia game.

But that was who I was taking the argument with before you came up and started describing my defense as myopic and a couple of other things.

15. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Man you guys make soccer look like aeronautical engineering...

16. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Excuse me? You started off with the open ended reference to other interactions we've had. Nice how when it applies to you suddenly its about decency and context.

Your acting like a thirsty ass groupie and flying off the handle with assumptions when their names are mentioned trying to flip it into a matter of "liking" them or attacking them personally (AKA your little huerta comparison early). I've mentioned many times that I think Vela should have gotten a call by now granted his playing time, BUT i was critical of him passing on the Olympics and the WCQ matches, because it wa stupid.

Jona though, he's irrelevant as it gets .He gets his seasonal game in with the first team here and there, hasn't been part of anything with el Tri. What precedent do you have to claim its some type of sacrilege that he doesn't get called up?

If flaring up is questioning yous acting like you know something nobody else knows all the time, trying to find some obscurely stupid ass angles to justify shit, then i guess i flare up.At the end of the day cut out your interpretation and mine and results speak for themselves. He's exactly where hes always been in spite of petty details you might try and hang on... that bench...... and still holds no weight with any form of the the national team.

Someone can do that as soon as you identify the consistent games hes had in either context to define a positive form....or any form at all as a matter of fact?

That National team form bypass stuff only works for players like Gio who have heirarchy....Jona has no precedent. That one game in Colombia where we lost is hardly a solid reference.

Wtf until their careers are over? Christ, just stop. That fundamentally goes against everything that the reality terminology even means.

You can try to rate to what level those other players stand in terms of their present importance all you like, but that will never help your case because even there they outrank Jona in all forms of relevance, regardless of your appreciation of his futbol potential.

Do yourself a favor and just loosen the kung fu grip on his shaft.

Again misguided by what context? This is exactly what i'm saying, as these conversations stretch out you always try and turn up the vocabulary as if it validates shit. You meant wrong dude, not misguided.

lol, exactly what your argument reduces down too. Hope based of fandom.[/quote]

Brb gonna learn how to suddenly become the shining beacon of maturity when i start off interactions with a backhanded "no offense but that sounds stupid" comment, a left field Huerta comparison and implying people are on drugs

Stick to pulling the faux analyst ploy, trying to corner people with semantics yet using words you dont understand, and getting all passive aggressive with people that believe you. My dick is Bigger.

17. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wow, honestly this isn't even aggravating anymore, it's funny and entertaining.

18. jrinsd19

jrinsd19 Member+

Sep 1, 2005
    Club:
    CF Indios de Ciudad Juárez
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I just skip their posts entirely now

19. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    You're excused I guess.

This whole exchange started with your comment about Jona.

It was a ridiculous comment. Had you said he wasn't good enough to be on the Confeds Cup team based on the fact that he hasn't done shit at the club level over the past year, there would be no way people could possibly disagree with it.

Then you bring up the Vela shit that we went back and forth with for days and fail to provide the proper context.

Ahi lo dejamos....

The Huerta comment is a general one. You go against the grain for the sake of it and then get mad when you called out.

You don't think much of Jona and Vela as players. Fair enough.

I was also critical of Vela of passing up a call up for the June WCQs (if he was indeed called up, something that was never confirmed or denied by the FMF) and even the Olympics but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. In the end it all worked out, he got what he wanted and the team brought home the gold.

I never claimed he should be called up based on the fact that he's at Barca.

My "beef" was with you saying he wasn't good enough to be on the Gold Cup squad.

C'mon man...

Nice spin.

Saying Maza should be benched over Moreno even though the latter has been the weaker of the two during the WCQs now translates to me being a know it all.

Questioning your reasoning for saying Jona isn't good enough to be part of the Gold Cup squad somehow makes me the bad guy.

'ta bien pues...

Otra vez con la misma mierda.

Gio is the exception. Jona doesn't deserve the same kind of treatment which is why he needs to prove his commitment with the Gold Cup squad. Something you, apparently, disagree with.

My bad. I forgot you could measure a players' career and accomplishments at the age of 22.

Fair enough.

Aparte de "ingeniero" ahora resulta que tambien eres maestro de ingles.

Hazme el pinche favor....

Opinions are not wront or right. They could be based on faulty information but I'm not going to tell you that you're wrong (or right) if you truly think Jona isn't good enough to be on the Gold Cup squad.

It's misguided beacause it is unreasonable, based on the evidence at hand.

Jona was part of the Copa America squad and was also going to be part of the Olympic squad until he pulled out which means the coaching staff thinks he's part of their long term plans despite his lack of minutes. Based on that alone, it's safe assume that at the very least, he will be with the Gold Cup squad this summer, unless he declines again.

We are all fans here, are we not?

We are all hoping for success, no?

Ohh my bad, I forgot you were an engineer, english teacher and gif communicator extraordinaire so you're above all that.

Talk about maturity...

Dices pendejadas y luego chillas cuando te cuestionan.

S
    That's the thing, I'm here to talk footy and don't pretend to be anything but an armchair tactician.

If misguided and myopic are big words to you, might as well ask Santa for a dictionary for xmas.

Por eso mismo te lo digo en buena onda, stick to what you're good at.

what, no gif?

20. El Cinquillo

El Cinquillo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 5, 2010
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]
    gahtDamn this thread

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  21. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This isn't even about the 2013 Confederations Cup anymore, I say we just close the thread, 'cause what I am seeing is this going nowhere. :mad:

22. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    In terms of Confed cup
    I'm hoping for something like ...
    • Mexico 2 Italy 1
    • Mexico 1 Brazil 1
    • Mexico 3 Japan 1
    Thats my optimistic look. Really interesting group, and all games will be a fun watch. I think for Japan, they will either shakes things up for us, or fall out. And if that is the case, playing them last may not be a huge problem. I'm thinking Italy will have a mixed group of new faces and vets, I may be wrong. Hope we benefit from the qualifiers and friendlies leading up to the cup. Should be a really good tournament.

thedragonrik58 and LGRod repped this.
  23. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The devil is in the details.

Also, anyone engaging brehspazz in a serious debate deserves to get trolled.

LOL@Rafa riding brehspazz' nuts. Its clear to everybody he is trolling and doesn't believe half the shit he says. At least the other idiots are authentic and don't know any better.

24. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Saying a player won't stand out because he's not an attacking player seems like a pretty disingenuous proclamation just made to bolster your argument. You can most certainly stand out and it's not that difficult to spot.

That said I do like the kid and hope he becomes what many here think he already is but I'm just not ready to anoint him the heir to the position like some here are. I know you aren't in that camp exactly but this conversation got started by someone making a comment full of hubris in regards to him and we just wanted to know on exactly what dude was basing it.

25. Jorge Amnesia

Jorge Amnesia Member+

Dec 9, 2008
    [​IMG]

The saltiness is strong with this thread.

Baysic repped this.