2013 Confederations Cup - Discussion Thread VOL. I

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Gio D Santos 17, Dec 1, 2012.

1. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We better win something next year. U-17/U-20/GC/CC... Originally I chose the U-20 as the one to beat but now I want the CC more since it's a senior tournament.

El Mariachi, LGRod and Miguel Myers repped this.
  2. El Jalisciense

El Jalisciense Member+

Feb 7, 2009
    Dalton, Georgia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Fack Yeah! We are in a tough group, but we got this. Some great football coming our way next year.

3. Talisman

Talisman Member+

Aug 5, 2011
    Stamford, CT
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm glad we got this tough group, can't wait fot the Conferation's Cup to start. :cool:

El Mariachi repped this.
  4. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bet the nads would've crashed out of this group. I swear they always get easier CC's. That's why we are who we are and they are who they is (NOTHING).

5. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Eh, they basically got the same group as us last time, except with Egypt instead of Japan. To be fair, Italy was in a rut back then, but now it is Brazil the one that's in the dumps for us.

6. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    It'll be a tight group.

We may squeeze through as 2nd but we could easily finish last.

Japan is a very good team and very much on par with Mexico.

Italy is a different team than the one we faced two years ago prior to the WC. We might pull off the upset but I think a tie is likely. Would be surprised if we beat them.

Brazil will be our toughest game. They now recognize the fact that we have bested over the last 10+ years and will be looking to prove they are the better team, which is not in question really.

All in all, a very tough group but these are the kinds of games Mexico likes to play so I expect the team to step up and hopefully move on the semis.

7. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I was thinking the same thing. You guys have it tough the first couple matches BUT if you somehow get positive results it can help in the long run.

It should be fun.

8. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    The key is not losing any games.

Two ties and a win should be enough, it usually is especially in a group like this.

Hell, even three ties might be enough to see us through as the 2nd team.

9. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    It is weird cause I can see them winning all three, tying all three or losing all three (least likely but possible).

It will be interesting to see how the atmospheres will be in the stands too. More than likely it will feel like a Mexican home match against Italy. Against Brazil it will obviously be filled with yellow. Japan may be half Japan supporters and half Mexican due to the biggest Japanese population in all of Latin America.

That may come into play as well.

El Jalisciense and LGRod repped this.
  10. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    all 3 games are winnable

but i think against Brasil we will have a tough time because they are the home team and obviously want pay back from the Olympics. at best, i think we can pull off a tie.

against Italy i think we pull off a win, but it won't be pretty. in fact, it will probably be a boring game knowing Italy's style of play.

Japan is the most evenly matched team, but in the end i think we'll take the 3 points

El Mariachi and Gio D Santos 17 repped this.
  11. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They've become very offensively oriented under Prandelli, actually. Results-wise they've been doing so-so since the Euro, though.

El Jalisciense repped this.
  12. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Italy are actually pretty fun to watch under Prandelli. Pretty excited about every game in this tournament. Japan has come a longways as well.

13. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

hope they play better than this against Brazil

14. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I think is a better team than us but you don't know what kind of team they will bring to Brazil. I don't think they will be that serious. Plus the fact we will go with a lot of games because of the WC qualifiers and the fact it's in Brazil, I think that all benefits us. Also the fact it is the first game, I would think if we faced them in the 2nd or 3rd, they would be more acclimated and thus better prepared. That being said, it's the key game. I hope we prepare for it accordingly 2002 Croatia sytle.

15. Gio D Santos 17

Gio D Santos 17 Member+

Nov 1, 2010
    Electric Avenue
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    2005 Confederations Cup we had Brazil and Japan in our group and we ended up winning the group...Greece instead of Italy though...it's very possible to win the group but the Brazil game is going to be tough without a doubt.

Italy isn't that GOOD. Their 2012 record is 5 wins 5 losses 4 draws.. I watched a wcq back in Sept they barley managed a 2-0 win over rank 149 Malta in Italy also, not the greatest of squads Italy put out but it was above average....but when they want to be Italy can be tough to break down...if we get 3 points from our opening game then I'm confident we will go through.

16. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Japan is a better team than that one in 05. And Brazil at home is different than in neutral grounds. And I have my doubts that Italy is going to be as terrible as Greece was. We can go thru but this is a lot tougher group than in 05.

17. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Japan is a way better national team than in 2005. That video doesn't show the way they bossed during the first half. Shit playing at both ends of the field is what did them over.

18. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Japan tried to play toe to toe against Brazil during that friendly and actually looked real good but you're right, they lost their focus during the worst possible moments and crumbled at the end.

I've been keeping an eye on the japanese and I really like the way they play, very similar to us but more direct. They can certainly cause us plenty of damage and I think it will be a high scoring game although I'm not sure we will be the ones who come out on top at the end.

19. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    I still think Italy will be harder than Brazil in spite of the venue.

Brazil OD's on the players following the attack and that leaves their defense open to counters and thats where we can hit them.

The Italy game is gonna be more closed game, its gonna be about who wins the midfield, and they have better mids.

20. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    looking at other forums, our opponents fans aren't too psyched about getting us in their group.

21. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    really?
    I have read some comments on FIFA and ESPN and people are only talking about Mexico if Mexico fans are talking about Tri. We are being really underestimated from what ive seen so far..

22. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I rather be underestimated and win than be freaking favourites and not score a single goal in the entire tournament. ;)

El Mariachi repped this.
  23. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Reading the Italy forum, most people are like "lol nobody cares about this tournament".

24. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    I would tend to side with the way they think, but I still want us to win.:coffee:

25. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i agree