2013/2015 Sotan Tanabe @ CE Sabadell FC \ Yukiya Sugita @ Hercules Alicante (ESP) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I apologize, I had no idea that term could be offensive (I'm not a native english speaker and just heard people use that word).
    Thank you for telling me, I will certainly never use it again.

sc-f repped this.
  2. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just be careful, especially around North Americans - though you never hear that slur anymore.

Thanks for the updates. Segunda Division is broadcast on TV/on demand once in a while here so I'll see if I can catch a game.

3. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Time to move on from the injury to the path of being on the starting eleven again. I'm not sure to what extent that is possible, since the coach seems to be making players rotate a lot on the line-ups.

On Wednesday, Sabadell won a Copa Catalunya match and they are now on the semi-finals.

Today:
    Sabadell - Girona (Catalan derby)
    Hércules - Alavés (Awesome battle to get out of the relegation zone)

Both matches will be broadcasted on LaLigaTV. That also means unofficial strems will be available if you can't watch them on the official site. (Possible restrictions)

4. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not many news recently and looks like I forgot to update this last week.

Last week's results:
    Sabadell 4 - 0 Girona (Tanabe played some minutes at the end, without much time to do anything)
    Hércules 2 - 0 Alavés (Sugi played 4 minutes + extra time)

This week Tanabe has more chances to start getting minutes again, but while he was injured there were other players that did well, so it'll be tough for him. Same for Sugi

Today:
    Las Palmas - Sabadell
    Tomorrow:
    Eibar - Hércules (against the leader, away...)

Let's go Tanabe, if possible, with more enthusiasm than in your videos... xD

5. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Tanabe is back in the starting lineup

6. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    scores!

7. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Man I felt forever alone in this thread xD

It was great to see him scoring, the bad thing is that later he missed a very easy goal with nobody in front of him... and his morale went down for the rest of the match, but at least the team won in the end (3-2) partly thanks to him and it's time to celebrate that and move on.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

it happens.
    But he also scored, so unless it always happens, no prob =p

9. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Tanabe's goal at 2:45 on this video.

nakata101 repped this.
  10. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You are right Dax :)

Thank you zdrstvte!

Sugi just came in! Minute 46, he'll have the whole 2nd half today :)

11. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    scores again :eek:

Whispered11 repped this.
  12. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    but you are not a japanese?

13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    no, he is not japanese.

Sabadell got 3 points thanks to Tanabe's goal today. He really is on fire in this second half of the season

14. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Despite the rain and the dull atmosphere at the stadium, these 3 points come handy.

Tanabe is once again at the right place, at the right time. Not a very fancy goal but will do the job.

Sugi didn't play today.

15. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

lool

naopon, zdrstvte and sc-f repped this.
  16. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Who knows if Sabadell is meant to become a Japanese community after this season of Tanabe...

17. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Would be kind of funny if they somehow made it into Primera division (wont gonna happen) but if it did, it would be like Japanese players in Spain welcome

18. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It has become already... last I checked the youth teams had 5 or 6 japanese players of different ages, and everytime I go to the training fields I see more. There are also some that come and go during vacation periods.
    And it's not only players, but also supporters.
    For this match I decided to be in tribune (do you say tribune in english? xD) and perhaps 60% of people were Japanese, it was a shock for me, I didn't expect this level of Japanese public attending the matches. I'm always on the opposite side of the stadium (where you get wet if it rains) and there are not so many japanese there so I had no idea about this until yesterday.

Anyhow, Tanabe looks quite happy and that's what matters~

19. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Finally! I found Tanabe's twitter account !!!!!!!! (lol I sound like a stalker xD)

It's @tanabesotan

I didn't know he had an account... just found out after watching today's interview.

Quizz: How many times did he pick his nose? xD

Radu Razvan repped this.
  20. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    News in order of relevance:

1) Tanabe is likely to stay 1 more year in Sabadell. He said he wanted to, and the team wants to have him as well, I don't know if it is already official, but if it is not, it will be soon.

2) This week was great, well, excellent for Sabadell... winning 2-0 against the 5th team, which has the top scorer of the league.
    About Tanabe:
    Played the first half and 30 minutes of the second. Not much to highlight about him, just that the guy who substituted him did extremely well, so he'll have to work hard again. Which is good of course.

3) I'm getting worried about Sugi in Hércules... he's not getting minutes recently and yesterday he wasn't even in the bench. What's going on?

4) Tanabe's short informal interview after the match:

Samurai Warrior and Radu Razvan repped this.
  21. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Bad weekend.

Tanabe:
    Played only the first half and his performance was frankly not good. He was substituted at half time as he lost the ball in dangerous areas and didn't seem very confident.
    According to the ref, Tanabe caused a penalty kick and he received a yellow card for that, but watching the replay it was very clear that he didn't even touch the attacker, it was his teammate who did the tackle and it wasn't even inside of the box.
    Anyhow, the disappointing part was the attitude rather than the performance. It was that lack of intensity along with that face of "I'll just run a little bit and pretend I care" that sometimes some Japanese players show, unfortunately.
    This fact became obvious at half time when Tanabe's teammates chased him and told him to wake up.

In any case, the game was lost 3-1 away from home. Let's just call it a week and move on.

Sugi:
    Didn't even play.
    His team is dangerously approaching the relegation zone again.

22. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What a game!
    Today was the day! Tanabe vs Sugi - Sabadell vs Hércules!
    Unfortunately Sugi didn't play, it was understandable as Hércules was 1 man down and they needed defenders.

Final result 2-1, with the victory for Sabadell that makes Hércules drown in the relegation zone.
    The result was 1-1 and Tanabe came in to play the last 15 minutes. He did quite well, made great passes with excellent vision. Didn't have much time to do more but what he did was good.
    In the 93' minute, Sabadell scored for the win. The team has still some chances to go for the play-off, although it won't be easy.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    =( aww, guess I would've preferred a draw

24. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Big stuff to comment, very good and very bad:

1) Hércules is drowning to the depths of the table, and Sugi is not even playing anymore... Their fears of relegation are starting to kick in.

2) Today:
    Sabadell 2 - 1 FC Barcelona B
    WHAT A MATCH!!! Gosh, the whole team was great and Tanabe did an excelent job, being on the starting eleven and playing the whole match.
    Very active, participating and playing cleverly. His precise cross gave Sabadell the first goal, as the striker only had to put his head and the ball reached the back of the net.
    Tanabe is getting very good at dribbling and crossing. He shows promising abilities.
    Maybe what could be improved is his shooting skills, he sometimes misses good opportunities but also surprises everybody with good efforts from long range. So, who knows...

Anyhow, the big news? The play-off to 1st division is reachable and the whole club and fans are comitted to fight for it.
    Keep going Tanabe, you are in the right club!

25. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    next game is against tenerife at home. if they win they get 7th place.
    and since barcelona II (b team) is in top 6, doesnt that mean that the 7th position gets the playoff?

also i think its highly likely that if sadabell are promoted, then tanabe wont get anymore games. same situation as tadanari lee @ southampton will happen to him