2013/2015 Sotan Tanabe @ CE Sabadell FC \ Yukiya Sugita @ Hercules Alicante (ESP) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC

2. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sotan had a few nice dribbles down the flank and dangerous crosses as well.

3. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Final results:

Sabadell 1 - 1 Ponferradina
    Hércules 2 - 3 Tenerife

About Sabadell:
    It was an OUTRAGEOUS match. The ref was the most stupid one I've seen in a long time... he didn't look at the assistants throughout the whole match... he was 30 meters away from the ball and couldn't see anything, while the assistant was 2 meters away during most of the side plays.
    When the assistant saw a corner kick, the ref saw a goal kick or an offensive foul. ALWAYS deciding the opposite that the assistant was indicating.
    But the worse came at 89' when Sabadell scored a legal goal and the ref decided it was a good idea to make it invalid due to an unexisting offside of a player that didn't even touch the ball nor interact in the play. F*** off man.
    The real result would have been 2-1 and 3 points that would make Sabadell stay closer to the promotion zone.
    With this draw the team is losing momentum in the ranking.

About Tanabe: New hair color (yes, again) and new shoes (Yellow Nike Hypervenom).
    His first half was decent with some good individual plays on the left side, but he needs to work more on his defense skills, he is still a bit insecure sometimes when he has the ball in dangerous areas.
    His second half was very good, excellent individual actions on both the left and right side. He's really good at dribbling close to the side and crossing, but when he goes towards the center he is still not very accurate.
    People in the stadium and also on the radio were talking about his progress since he came. Good vibes :)
    He still needs more time to get used to Spanish football but I definitely see him keeping a spot on the team, even for next year. who knows.
    Today he was on the starting eleven and was substituted out at 75'. The crowd cheered and applauded a lot his efforts.
    Keep going, Tanabe!

Samurai Warrior and BigDnm01 repped this.
  4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

:(

5. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Holy shit that's not good... had no idea that he was injured o_O

About Tanabe, he left a message again...

Just hope that he'll be more motivated than that xD

Difficult match against Deportivo (the leader) on saturday...

6. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  7. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Final whistle.
    Deportivo 2 - 1 Sabadell
    Tanabe scored the only goal for Sabadell.

If last week's match was outrageous, today's match was just unbelievable. What is wrong with the refs? Come on, today's ref had only been in 6 professional matches before, and you could easily see how he didn't have a clue of what to do.
    f*** off. If it wasn't for the ref the result would have easily been a draw or even a win. He didn't see a penalty 2 meters away from him when the defender stopped a cross with this hand.......

This is seriously sickening.

But the good part was Tanabe. On the first half he created the only good occasion for Sabadell, after an excellent dribble and shot, which unfortunately came out too centered.

On the second half he scored the goal with a header after a corner kick.

I'm proud of the team today and to see that Tanabe is on the starting eleven week after week and today played the full match.

Next week against Alavés at home. We HAVE to win this no matter what.

8. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Article on Japanese media: http://m.sports.yahoo.co.jp/column/detail/201402020002-spnavi?p=2

Highlights:
    -Watch out for the first play, it's Tanabe.
    -Their second goal was offside, you can't see anything from the angles that are provided here though.
    -4:31 Tanabe's goal
    -4:51 Penalty not seen by the ref.

Tanabe's comment after the match:

Samurai Warrior and Dax repped this.
  9. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Today:
    Sabadell - Alavés

Tomorrow:
    Hércules - Recreativo de Huelva (Sugi still recovering from the injury)

Tanabe's message (this is becoming a tradition, I like it :p so I'll expect something every weekend from now on :D)

My hype is so high I think I'll go to the stadium 3 hours in advance...

Just as a reminder of the recent weeks: Sabadell is playing really good football but is not very lucky with results and especially with refs. The atmosphere is expected to be great today.

10. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    HUGE deception for the team. Tanabe did well though.

Sabadell 0 - 4 Alavés.

Summary of what happened in quick facts:
    -Their first goal came after 23 seconds...
    -Before understading what was going on, they scored again at about minute 10.
    -We played with 9 due to 2 red cards. The first one after a defender touched the ball with his hand to cut a counterattack and being the last man. The second red was seen by a guy who said something to the ref.
    -With 9 players we couldn't do anything, and they just trashed us with 2 more.

About Tanabe:
    I can't say "great match" because it was shameful for the team, but hey, Tanabe did well.
    He didn't make a single mistake, he was the only one to create good individual actions and his dribblings caused the 2 yellow cards for Alavés and some fouls in good positions. He also helped a lot in defensive tasks and recuperated the posession many times.
    Time to move on.

Samurai Warrior and naopon repped this.
  11. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Excellent news for Spanish 2nd division fans!

LFP decided to broadcast matches online! They created "La Liga TV" where you can watch all 2nd division games for free. The broadcasts start 5 minutes before kickoff at:

http://www.lfp.es/en/laligatv

The funny thing is... I found out about this in a news portal from Japan:
    http://eplus-u.com/blog/2014/02/12/4010

*Still don't know whether this matches can be watched from abroad. You'll have to tell me :p

12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    thanks, cool. I'll try.
    In case it doesn't work - seems realistic - I'll try with stuff like this http://proxmate.dave.cx/ too but dunno.

13. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Don't bother trying, everyone is complaining on twitter as it doesn't work :/
    They launch La Liga TV and the streams don't even load properly... nice xD the image quality was good though.

So, today's match (Eibar - Sabadell) is gonna be extremely difficult. Eibar is the leader and our most valuable centre-back saw a red card last week and can't play today.

Tanabe on the starting eleven as usual. His message yesterday night:

=============================

About Sugi and Hércules, they play against Mallorca away, which will be really difficult, and Sugi is still injured, so he's not even on the bench.

14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Did Sotan get injured?

15. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's still unclear, when he was substituted he talked to the coach and pointed at his knee, if I understood correctly.
    The guys on the radio didn't know very well what happened either.

I'm quite sad... in fact I don't care about the match anymore, I just want Tanabe to play :(

16. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Tanabe's injury is confirmed.

La Liga TV is working now, smooth and good quality.

They just scored 1-0... penalty kick.

17. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    https://twitter.com/Sakadell/statuses/434764814129184768

Looks like his injury is nothing to worry about. Nothing serious, just gotta rest.

Final results:

Eibar 1 - 0 Sabadell
    Mallorca 0 - 1 Hércules

Losing because of a stupid penalty is quite annoying... mainly because 2 weeks ago the ref didn't see in our favor the most obvious penalty of the year.

18. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    More news.
    Tanabe's ankle injury will need from 1 to 2 weeks to heal...

Another japanese player coming to Sabadell (B): 木下稜介 Kinoshita Ryokai. He's joining the team this week:

http://cesabadell.jp/news/2014/02/18/1210

Samurai Warrior and naopon repped this.
  19. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ryosuke. Hasn't he been with Sabadell for a while? It sounds like he joined around last summer...maybe he hasn't been registered to play matches yet.

http://web.gekisaka.jp/news/detail/?125175-129578-fl
    http://nikeinc.com/the-chance/news/nike-footballs-the-chance-announces-its-three-winners
    He was one of 16 finalists in the global Nike The Chance tryouts to join the Nike Academy in England.
    Anyway, hopefully he can move up to the first team soon.

20. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah was just about to post about the Nike thing... curious

21. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Last summer many Japanese players came to Sabadell to take part in the test matches, but not all of them stayed here.
    Some of those are still coming from time to time to train and play friendly matches and others are joining gradually like Ryosuke.
    By the way thanks for the correction of his name.

I don't really understand why he's joining Sabadell B... it's still a weak team playing in a low division.

22. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sugi is included in the squad for tomorrow's match against Ponferradina

23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sugi back in the team, played 10' today. Hercules lost, while Sabadell was able to get out of the relegation zone.

24. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Japanese players of all ages are invading Sabadell xD
    The other day I was walking by the stadium and it was non-stop, japs everywhere coming in and out of the training ground. Again, all ages.

Looks like they are making the most of this Tokyo FC - Sabadell partnership.

http://eplus-u.com/blog/2014/03/04/4095

25. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Could you please stop calling us "japs"? Thanks.