2013/2015 Sotan Tanabe @ CE Sabadell FC \ Yukiya Sugita @ Hercules Alicante (ESP) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  2. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Time for a "otsu-esque" preconvocation letter by Zac.

3. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    LFP's official website (Spanish First and Second division) also published news regarding Sugi.

http://www.lfp.es/noticias/sugi-la-nueva-promesa-del-hercules

Nothing we didn't know but one more big source talking about him. They pretty much summed up everything we have been talking about and all the recent news.

Looks like Portillo (used to play for Real Madrid, Fiorentina and others) said "Sugi has one of the fastest ankle twists I've ever seen".
    Not sure if that last translation makes sense to you in English. I hope you get the idea.

P.S: I think it would make sense to change the topic title and put Sugi's name before Tanabe.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah I understand what you mean, but the topic begins with a big photo of Tanabe... at worse I can later split them up. (I can even take out the single posts about Sugi)

edit: Sugi Sukyta

now that's annoying

OishiiUdon repped this.
  5. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think I already told you, there was some bright reporter that messed up his name completely and other news sites copied that name thinking it was correct... it got so "viral" that even official sources assumed the name was correct xD
    In fact, the first time that I heard about Sugi I read that wrong name and tried to google it but couldn't find any info about him... which made me suspect that it was wrong. Thanks to some user of this forum I finally found his real name.

BTW, another BIG source talking about him! Mundo Deportivo is the most famous sports newspaper in Barcelona:
    http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20131...cer-en-japon-gracias-a-pique_54395098300.html
    They got his name right !!! it's not so difficult!!! :D

Oh, and about the topic name thing, I realized if you go to google images and write Sugi's name, Tanabe's pics also appear due to BigSoccer's great influence. In fact, this topic seems to be the most important source of tags and info for google.

6. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sugita starts, while Tanabe is on the bench.

edit: wow great dribbling at '34

7. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    haha so you are actually watching it? didn't know that second division streams were available.

I'm watching FC Barcelona B - Sabadell -> Tanabe warming up at the beginning of the second half.

8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah I'm watching him, it's the first time I watch '90 of him.
    I've gotta say I'm quite surprised to be honest. I mean, I'm impressed, he has a very uncommon personality for a japanese player (especially one that hasn't even played professionally before).
    So far every time he had the ball I've seen him attempt a dribbling, and he's got the technique, it's not like he tries to be Cristiano Ronaldo but fails hard.

He just almost earned a PK, btw, it was an inch from the penalty area. 2 opponent players were booked too since it turned into a brawl

9. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #34 OishiiUdon, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    Ohh I'm happy to read that good feedback :) thanks for the info.

For Sabadell, Tanabe comes in to play for about 14 minutes.

Edit: Final whistle. Tanabe couldn't do anything, Sabadell lost 0-2 and he didn't have many chances.
    The problem is that his attitude was not very good either. I saw other players running to pressure the defense like crazy after having played 90 minutes and being tired, but he was not running even if he was fresh after coming out from the bench... I just don't understand this attitude.
    He never has minutes, if he doesn't do anything special when they give him a chance it's gonna be impossible to get a spot on the team.

There are rumors about him going back to Tokyo at the beginning of next year, but there might be another player coming from Tokyo FC.

10. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sorry that Hercules lost, they deserved the equalizer, it was a one sided second half actually. Sugi also had a good shoot later, could've scored, but it passed near the post. I hope they can mantain the division, same for Sabadell.
    The big problem is that teams like Real Madrid B, or Barca B, basically can get talent from their other sides anytime, so it's hard to see them go down

Samurai Warrior and Saku² repped this.
  11. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Unfortunately it's a common problem with some japanese players, Ienaga has the same. Which is why Sugita, instead, stood out even more. I hope he comes back, nothing against him, but Tokyo should send someone else at this point.

12. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah you're right. It's very easy to see whether a player is ready for Europe or not, and that attitude is the best way to measure it. It shouldn't be the only indicator but if a player is not hungry for anything, it means he's not ready.

I wouldn't mind having Kazuma Watanabe in Sabadell :D

About Sugi, he has 2 difficult matches ahead, in the next 2 weeks. I liked the fact that he was on the starting eleven again though.

13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

If you can't see it try by opening it on Youtube directly

Sugi @ 1:56 (it's awesome that he tried the shoot and not the pass), 2:30 the brawl

there was also a great chance where he almost scored in the first half that these highlights missing, and another one near the end

14. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That shot was excellent, what a pity it didn't reach the back of the net. I didn't expect that kick at all while watching the video... too bad the keeper reacted so fast. Would have been a great goal.

About the foul, should have been a penalty of course :(

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Tanabe was sent to Sabadell because he wasn't making the bench on a regular basis anymore, FC Tokyo won't transfer a player that has some sort of importance.

16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    http://www.diarioinformacion.com/hercules-cf/2013/12/10/sugi/1447145.html

Sugita to extend with Hercules until 2017.
    10 mln release clause too (ouch).

He has to play 5 more matches to become officially under Hercules.
    He actually gets 500€ @ month due to the contract siatuation. Once the 10 match clause will go into effect, he will have a professional contract for about 60 000€ / month.
    Also, the club's fitness coach forced him to stop training every time after the official schedule and get some damn rest, hahaha.

17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    60 000€ a year I think.

18. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yup, it's 60 000 a year :)

Thanks for the news Dax!! it's certainly a good deal for Hércules, I just hope that he can evolve and develop his skills well in this team.
    3 years is a lot of time for a player with this progression speed, I hope the team does not become a barrier for him to keep growing (I'm talking in the long term now).
    But of course I do prefer that he plays 90' per match in Hércules rather than the last 10 minutes for a better team.

19. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm concerned about that 10 mln thing honestly. 2017 is long far away and if for example Alicante is relegated he'll be stuck in a worse league :/

also lol at the 60k for month haha

20. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    It's just a formality ... I doubt he's ever good enough to warrant a 10 millions pricetag.

21. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    A formality that could become a problem.
    As Dax said, Hércules could be relegated, in fact they are in a dangerous position right now, so who knows what could happen by the end of the season, and now we are not even talking about 3 years from today, we are considering what's gonna happen in 6 months.

Of course if we look on the bright side, the hypothesis that he will become a great player will have a direct impact on his team's results and possibly help prevent relegation.

Maybe it's too soon to start guessing what's gonna happen, but imho 3 years might be too long if he keeps progressing like this.
    The good thing is, he's only 20 yo.

22. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    If Hercules need money they won't wait for 10m€ before selling him. We can worry about his pricetag when he has proven something.

23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No of course it wasn't because he won't be sold unless he achieves that price that, that would be insane. It's just that adding that to the fact that the contract is very long, it doesn't make it easy. But you're right, right now all he has to do well every chance he gets and that's what matters.

24. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sotan Tanabe will be replaced by Hiroki Kawano in January (or both will stay? Not sure what's the foreigner slot situation in Sabadell)