News: 2013 -2014 SEASON: RUMORS/TRANSFERS

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by MARCH_, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Cabrito

Cabrito Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    It's a dark navy tone; but black has been discussed, especially for the next away shirt.

Gameface repped this.
  2. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool, and does anyone know if they're after another sponsor or will it be blank this year?

Speaking of the away shirt, what color are the away shorts going to be? Are they going to be red the year?

3. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or like their shirt from '05-'07.

4. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    saludos a todos ...
    aki pasando a saludar
    1-pues lesdigo ke correa esta aprestamo como asta mediados de junio o julio
    se supone que regresara al club,
    2- creo vienen 2 jugadores mas no de calibre DP pero si aportaran mucho al club 1 es español
    y el otro es argentino si no me equiboko
    3- la playera esta perrono megusta mucho
    en las mangas tiene un color azul ( no es navy Blue) es diferente como mas brilloso

se esta armando buena la cosa los esperamos raza en la tribuna el 9 de marzo
    ya saven donde esta el awante secsion 101 y ya saven todos son bienvenidos al Tailgate en el lote 13
    Awante La UIltra

see you all on march 9 dont have much time to translate so if some one can do that i would really appresiate it !

5. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Greetings to all,
    This is what's happening,
    1. Correa is on loan until about the middle of June or July then he's supposed to return to the club (Chivas)
    2.i think two more players are coming, not of DP quality but they will contribute to the club. One is Spanish and one is Argentinian if I'm not mistaken.
    3. The jersey is badass, I like it a lot.the sleeves are blue but not navy blue, it's different like brighter.
    Don't know how to translate "se esta armando buena la cosa" but its sort of like saying either its gonna be on, or its being armed or prepared or put together well.
    We hope to see the people in the stands on march 9th. You already know where section 101 is and you know everyone's welcome to tailgate in lot 13.

CTS26, MARCH_ and USFootiefan1980 repped this.
  6. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Hope that spaniard is Marc crosas from santos Laguna. He comes off the bench for them but is still bad ass.hope that Argentinian is pelletieri. I gotta see that New Jersey!!!!!!

7. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rumor has it that the Argentine is Pelletieri, which, if true is actually pretty cool and exciting.

8. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any word on the crest? We've been hearing rumors of a tweak to the crest for years and nothing? Anyone know if that's actually going to happen?

9. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was supposed to travel the US & sign with the club yesterday. I imagine they will announce him this Friday if all goes well. He mention on radio in Argentina that he was going to sign with MLS for 1 year with option. I haven't heard of Spanish player.

CTS26 and USFootiefan1980 repped this.
  10. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm curious about that Zidane rumor.

11. porque?

porque? Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Has anyone been on "Bofo-Watch"? Anybody seen him at practice? If so, anything to report on his conditioning and/or skills?

12. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    As a coach?

13. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's there. You can see him in some of the training videos and photos on the team website.

14. Truhero

Truhero Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Section 101
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.cdchivasusa.com/news/2014/02/chivas-usa-transfiere-gabriel-farfan

CARSON, Calif. (Monday, Feb. 3, 2014) Chivas USA have agreed to loan midfielder Gabriel Farfan to Chiapas FC of Mexico’s Liga MX, the club announced Monday. The 25-year-old joins Jaguares on a six-month loan with an option to buy. Per League and club policy, terms of the agreement will not be disclosed.

A native of San Diego, Calif, and Cal State Fullerton product, Farfan was acquired by the Red-and-White from the Philadelphia Union via trade in May 2013. In his third season in Major League Soccer, the midfielder made 10 starts in 14 appearances while logging 844 minutes for the Goats.

15. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, saw this earlier.. seriously, dafaq? The took themselves out of the super draft to get the guy and now he's gone after like 15 games? BS.

16. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look at his record. Why are you overrating Farfan. The guy is subpar player. Good ridance to him.

District3Mom repped this.
  17. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because Chivas gave up a 1st round draft pick for him. Waste.

USFootiefan1980 repped this.
  18. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NO. Because every dumb ************************ likes to talk shit about the club. Farfan had 0 influence or impact on the team. Yeah they gave up #2 pick in the 1st draft but so what. There is no guarantee that all players who come out from the SuperDraft in the 1st round will do shit. Townsend, Gavin, Valentin are good examples. Farfan came in & failed (65 appearances, 1 goal) in MLS gtfo.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Farfan

19. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I understand the frustration, no need to take it out on me or others who are honestly interested. Gabe Farfan was probably a average player, Chivas and MLS have seen better and worse. However the players taken in the first round have a much higher rate of return. My guess is the Brazillian kid that Philly drafted with Chivas's pick will probably turn out a better player than Gabe was. Hence, its too bad that Chivas traded away that 1st rounder for essentially Farfan for half a season and maybe the Chiapas transfer fee.

I get that Cabrera is doing what he can, heck for all we know that Farfan asked for this loan. Its just too bad that Chivas is constantly having to back track and rebuild.

EastLAChiva repped this.
  20. ekker3

ekker3 Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    the bad news? the whole #2 draft pick debacle (thanks to the vergara plan)
    the good news? farfan's out and the vergara plan is no longer

if, and it's a BIG if, this is the start/proof that we're no longer sacrificing the product for the sake of the brand, id give up a top draft pick ANY day of the week. golazo, chivas usa.

CTS26 and Gameface repped this.
  21. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah interested in re-branding the team or moving the team out of Los Angeles. http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...a-loan-gabriel-farfan-liga-mx-side-chiapas-fc

Transfer fee > sub-par MF

glyconerd and CTS26 repped this.
  22. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    A striker that plays in Germany, May make his way to an LA club. It was on Jorge Ramos y su Banda.

23. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This.

24. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have never said I wanted Chivas to move. Rebrand? Well maybe get new ownership which would logically mean they would rebrand. I for one have always argued that the fanbase and market are there in LA for two teams. MLS won't leave the LA market with just one team, IMHO.

Anyways, the point of this thread is to discuss new players. thats why I came here. Any new rumors?

25. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    True if we are adding those new players we have exactly one month to get them playing with the team and gelling before our first game kick off.

USFootiefan1980 repped this.