News: 2013 -2014 SEASON: RUMORS/TRANSFERS

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by MARCH_, Nov 30, 2013.

1. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.laopinion.com/deportesfutbol/joven-mexicano-recibe-oportunidad-con-chivas-usa

La Opinion is reporting that Chivas USA has signed Joel Contreas to the 1st team. Plays for the U23s. Was discovered by Chivas USA scouts in the LA Premier Soccer League. Played in Mexico for Irapuato's canteras for 2 years at age 17 & Cuernavaca, MX. When he returned to the states he was playing for Ozzys Laguna a similar league to the one Chivas USA U23s play in.

2. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    You've never seen him play march?

3. Gameface

Gameface BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd certainly welcome Eto'o, but I don't see it happening. Vergara wouldn't spend enough to get him.

Cabrera as a head coach might work out though. Next season could be really interesting, with RSL potentially heading into uncertainty, SJ and the Rapids underperforming there could be a real power vacuum in the west. If Cabrera can actually do something as a coach, and make a few good pick ups in the re-entry draft along with another promising young loanee or two, the team might be able to squeak into the playoffs! Or, you know, fall flat on their faces like the last few years...

5. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    That would be crazy to get eto'o . That's a real deal signing. Wow!!!! Not too excited about Cabrera coaching but I was excited about Martin Vasquez, and Chelis and look how that turned out

6. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't say I'm excited, but I do think that it has a chance of working out favorably.

7. Truhero

Truhero Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Section 101
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. U.S Chiva

U.S Chiva Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Salinas California/Denver, CO
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mauro and Cubo will make a killing duo.

10. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good pick by Chivas USA.

U.S Chiva repped this.
  11. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    We picked up andrew Jean-Baptiste. Good potential. young player. he's got skill and wheels. Kind of reminds me of Tristan Bowen though. To me they are about on par. anyways, wasnt given to much playing time at portland so hopefully he is that diamond in the rough. Who knows. either way Bienvenu' Jean Baptiste

12. CTS26

CTS26 Member

LAFC
    United States
    May 26, 2008
    Kannapolis
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

One thing is certain though, if(and that is a very big IF) we pick up a world class player like Samuel Eto'o I would like to see how the media would be able to deem this team racist this time.:whistling:

Oh and expect the Galaxative fans and the other MLS fans to cry and wine about our pick up which is funny in my book, but we will see what happens though one thing is clear Eto'o is a #9 in the truest sense, I watched him what he was with Barca and when he went to Inter Milan he's as world class as it gets and the scary thing about him is he doesn't really need a 10 to service him he can do that all by himself.:cool:

Vegara is way too cheap to do this though, but he needs to learn that if he wants to win some trophies in this league than he has to put his money where his mouth is and we all know he won't do that.:rolleyes:

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  13. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, if the Goats land Espindola in the next round of the Re-Entry Draft they might be able to put something together next season. *sniff sniff* Is that, optimism?

I must admit I'm sad to see Sueño go, but I think he needed to leave the nest. Going to Portland makes sense for him.

14. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    …Aaaand having now heard the short list of coaching candidates that optimism is gone.

15. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Next season will be a new. We can have jose mourinho as the coach but if this team doesn't get reinforcements same shit same result for the 3rd year. Lets see what happens in the next couple of months. Anyone going too Tucson, AZ?

16. U.S Chiva

U.S Chiva Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Salinas California/Denver, CO
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I willl be there! lets organize something so we can take a group.

17. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    I'm down to go to Arizona

18. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Guess were possibly interested in Eddie Johnson

19. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If you want to get Cubo a comfortable partner, Chivas usa should look into acquiring Omar Salgado, who was Cubo's secondary striker, who he played off of when they where brought up the ranks! I also think chivas needs to invest in a solid partner for bocanegra and a holding midfielder.

CTS26 and sodi_gar repped this.
  20. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    I've always thought Salgado would be a great signing but how long has it been since he's been healthy. I heard he never healed properly from that ankle injury

21. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is very true, Salgado seems confident in making a comeback this season, after chatting with him. Now, Why doesn't chivas usa try and bring in Sihna from mexico. He would be an amazing addition. From what i've heard Cardozo ( Toluca's coach) is going to ask sinha if he would take a super sub position in order to freshen up the midfield with younger players.

22. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    To add on Carlos Esquivel wouldnt be a bad addition either but he is a winger.

23. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But what I think you're forgetting is that all that requires money, or at least the desire to spend it, which so far, Vergara has not shown.

24. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Salgado is done.
    Didn't Vergara buy a shit player to Guadalajara for 3 mill? With 3 mill Chivas USA could add good players & improve the team. :cry:

25. Saldgotti1991

Saldgotti1991 Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Here is my thought process. He is going to spend about 15 mill on Guadalajara since they are facing relegation! He will then make the neccesary adjustments needed within that squad. He will then loan out a couple of players to Chivas USA, this time around we are looking at Hector Reynoso (if they find a CB to replace him at Guadalajara) among others like Giovani Hernandez (amazing young player). Vergara wants to save face, so he will be forced into investing into both clubs.

I am sure he will make a rather nice signing for Chivas USA, again I hope its Sinha. We will see. I think the most important thing now is finding a coach.

Jair Periera is not shite, he is just not proven in my opinion, he plays well, but I think the pressure gets to him.