2013/2014 Eredivisie on TV

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Aztattooedsean777, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I guess this doesn't just have to be about matches being aired on tv in America. If people want to talk about matches that will be on tv where ever you are, feel free to post what channel it is for anyone else from your area.

Here in America, it looks like both ESPN Deportes and GOL tv will broadcast matches. It might not always be live.

Anyways, this upcoming weekend's schedule:

Saturday:
    GOL tv has PSV x NEC 2:30 pm Eastern Standard time - Live

Sunday:
    ESPN Deportes- AZ Alkmaar vs Ajax 5:25AM - 7:30AM Eastern Standard time

2. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It pisses me off that GolTV Canada isn't picking up these games. They've got fack all to show since they lost the La Liga rights, so the least they could do is show some Eredivisie games on rerun when there's nothing else to show. They're supposed to be soccer 25/7, yet the only European league they show is the Bundesliga

3. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I definitely have no issues with the Bundesliga part but it is odd that Goltv Canada is different from Goltv America. Heck, it looks like it might only be one Eredivisie match per weekend so it isn't like it will take up any other spot. Plus, it seems that they could go for the late Saturday match which would put it after the 2 Bundelsiga time slots like this upcoming Saturday is set up for.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I just upgraded my cable plan the other day so that I could get BeIn sports HD which carries Serie A and La Liga matches. The process automatically dropped all my premium channels that I was previously subscribed to so I have to resubscribe. Unfortunately, GolTV is still a separate charge and I'm not sure what the amount is. If they are only going to show one Eredivisie match a week, I'm not sure that it's worth subscribing to since the amount of 'live' football they cover is still pretty sparse. IIRC, one can subscribe to the Eredivisie Live Internet channel (or at least used to be able to) for about $100/year and get access to all the Dutch matches. This would be cheaper than GolTV. Does anyone know if this is still the case? I could then stream via my HTPC to my Sony TV.

5. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I watched basically three games a week all last year on ESPN3. And all of the sudden, none are showing up this year--only PSV's opener. They pulled the other one from opening weekend and have none this weekend and none scheduled for next. I know GolTV has their puny little hands in this, but is this the end of Eredivisie on ESPN3?

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    @IncaRoads - ESPN3 will have the AZ/Ajax match tomorrow. AFAIK league matches will be split between GolTV and ESPN3.

7. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ESPN 3 doesn't do anything for those people whose internet isn't accepted by the channel.

Anyways, ESPN Deportes had the PSV match Saturday and Gol TV will have the Ajax vs Feyenoord match this morning.

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    But the Ajax/Feyenoord match is shown on tape delay by three hours.

9. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It is in English in HD and I am just waking up at 6:30AM Arizona time so what do I care if it is slightly delayed. As I said, ESPN 3 isn't a big deal unless it is universally available no matter what internet service one uses.

As for the result, I have no idea what I want as seeing both clubs stress out a little is just fine with me.

As for most of the matches being aired on ESPN Deportes and Gol tv, Gol tv has actually been broadcasting live where as ESPN Deportes has been slightly off time wise. Frankly, I don't care. I don't bother checking in at forums during match day as people get silly anyways so I never have to worry about seeing scores before I get to watch a match.

10. ortevor

ortevor Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Czech Republic
    Club:
    FC Twente 1965
    Hi guys,
    i was hoping somebody might be able to help me - would u have any recommendation where to watch online or download the highlights from Eredivisie matches ?
    Since Fox sports took over, the eredivisie.nl (now foxsport.nl) website cannot be accessed from abroad, so i cant watch the highlights there :/
    Anyone might be able to give me some advice where to watch the highlights ?
    cheers

11. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    this site always has the goals and usually has a highlite--10 minute package on every match--

on the site--go to Eredivisie table which is down a littel--click on the team and it will give a 5 game history--and there is a video for every game

http://livetv.ru/en/

12. ortevor

ortevor Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Czech Republic
    Club:
    FC Twente 1965
    perfect, checked it and seems nice ! huge thanks !
    if anyone else would have other recommendation, they are also greatly appretiated :)

13. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Ajax posts some pretty lengthy highlight videos on their official youtube page.

14. ortevor

ortevor Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Czech Republic
    Club:
    FC Twente 1965
    Sadly, there are no more highlights on this website from the last two rounds :/
    And only hightlights there are from the official youtube channel of Ajax, but i would like to see other teams...
    anyone would know any other website with hightlights, which would be accessible outside Holland (foxsports.nl woudlnt work for me..) ??
    cheers

15. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I use YouTube to see 8-10 minute match highlights.. Subscribe to "hayscout."

http://www.youtube.com/user/hayscout?feature=g-high-crv

ortevor repped this.
  16. ortevor

ortevor Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Czech Republic
    Club:
    FC Twente 1965
    Thanks, i also know this one...that was a great source, but he also stopped uploading Eredivisie clips few weeks ago :/

17. ortevor

ortevor Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Czech Republic
    Club:
    FC Twente 1965
    just wanted to ask once again, if anyone here would have a good website to watch the Eredivisie highlights from outside the Netherlands...
    sadly, all the links which were posted here, stopped capping highlights and havent posted anything new in ages :/