2013-2014 Bundesliga Match Day 30: Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by chewz, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thank you :)

:thumbsup:

2. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    ...as well as most gas stations. ;)

footyfan1 repped this.
  3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes. I didn't think I had to mention he can do far better than Warsteiner and Beck's.

Although, I'll admit I liked Warsteiner better than any bier I've had up in Westfalen.

Well, save for the hausbier at Wenker's am Markt in Dortmund.........

Dhajj repped this.
  4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I forgot the part where you asked me what I drink on match days. Well, the matches come on so early, I don't drink while they are on! LOL!!

Of what I can actually get, I prefer Paulaner. I wish I could get Hacker-Pschorr, but I only ever seem to find it in small bottles. I usually only buy the bier if they come in 0,5 liter bottles as you find in Germany. Of course, I make exceptions for certain biers like Erdinger Weissbier when I buy those at Spec's. Spec's has Erdinger Hefeweissbier (my favorite Hefeweissbier along with Paulaner') in a six pack of 0,3 bottles. I usually use nearly two bottles each time to use my Erdinger Weissbier glasses for it.

Dude, during the World Cup, if possible, we should meet and take in a Germany game at Beethoven Maennerchor down in the King William district. My wife and I are members, they serve German bier there, and many of the members and staff are Bayern fans. LOL!!

The link above is to their Facebook page. Here is a link to their homepage. I just think the Facebook page shows a bit more.

And yes, while I am a huge Borussia Dortmund fan, when it comes to bier, I much, much prefer the Munich bier to any other other bier in Deutschland. I see other BVB fans in other places talk about how much they love the bier from the Dortmund area. I think the bier up there (Westfalen) is terrible. Except for some places who make their own bier.

Boandlkramer and Dhajj repped this.
  5. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    A friend of mine has worked there for a few years. I've never tried it myself lol

6. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That sounds great actually :)

Must be a weekend game at least, they don't let us off during the weekdays in the summer.. That's our blackout season..

7. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I LOVE Wenker's am Markt. It is a mandatory stop for me whenever I'm in Dortmund.

If you get there (or get there again) make sure to try to house bier!

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

During the Group stage, it seems only the Germany-Ghana match is on a weekend. Saturday, June 21st at 2PM Central Time.

The battle of the Boateng Brothers!! I'm certain they'll be showing this at Beethoven.

USA-Germany is at 11AM our time on Thursday, June 26th. I think I see myself taking either a full day or a half day off from work! LOL!!

Dhajj repped this.
  9. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He'll yah!

10. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hopefully KPB is able to come out from "international retirement" for that one.

footyfan1 repped this.
  11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I wasn't aware he'd "retired." Thanks for the info man!!!

12. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't care whether or not I am deemed a "normal" BVB fan. The enormous satisfaction I derive from seeing BVB succeed comes from overcoming challenges posed internally and externally; not from whether or not I conform to the definition of a "normal" fan. Schalke as a club and business hasn't done anything to harm us.

13. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    From all that sex he'd been having with Melissa Satta, it isn't surprising that he had nothing left in the tank when summer arrived.

14. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think their competition has too little power for them to resort to that....well it is all relative. I guess we need to look at where we stand compared to other European clubs.

15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is why I put "normal" in quotations. I'm no "normal" BVB fan and the "normal" BVB fans don't let me forget it.

I used to be like you. I had nothing against Scheisse once upon a time. However, this was before I spent time in the area and got to know exactly how and what Scheisse fans feel about us BVB fans and vice versa.

I've come to understand the rivalry and have embraced it.

But of course, I've spent enough time in the Ruhr Area to do so.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  16. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @FootyFan I'll be on transition leave for the whole month of June (funny how that worked out right?!) I'm going to watch every USA and Germany match I can!

17. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    I am going to follow japan, uruguay and the usa with some interest. Maybe ghana as well. There is something much nicer about fresher teams doing well: they play and celebrate with more outwardly positive emotion and spontaneity.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  18. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fresh? How is Uruguay fresh? They've been a footballing power for a while now, especially when compared to their population.

footyfan1 repped this.
  19. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He's playing........

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'll be catching the Germany matches at my German club when I can.........

21. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    What are germany, spain and those teams then? Rotten oranges? Uruguay has not done much for decades

22. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You're right. They only made the semis last time and won the Copa America, after all. If we're looking at this generation of Uruguayan players, they've arguably done more than Germany or anyone else not named Spain since 2007. They certainly are no Japan. And even if we're talking historically, they've still won more WCs than a LOT of countries, including Portugal and the Netherlands. Uruguay has a proud and storied footballing history IMO.

23. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    On the world cup stage, the current egneration are still fresh to me.

I know about their history...but come on....it was so long ago.

All in all, they are still fresh to me. Not as much as japan, the usa or ghana; true.

24. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    With only a population of 6 million I believe? Yah this country is mind boggling when it comes to football.

25. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol...supporting a NT that has Suarez? No thanks....super talent, he is, but a douche of the highest order.

Vlad S. repped this.