2013-2014 Bundesliga Match Day 30: Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by chewz, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Could it be that Footy is a Bayern fan from now on? Just as I was about to wrap up my year-long celebrations of getting MatthausSammer on our side and getting my faith in humanity intact, Footy defects to the purgatory. You godless sodomite.

Lahmfan repped this.
  2. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Haha.....never!

3. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Btw @footyfan1 what beer do you drink for game days??

I am thinking about going to central market for a beer run for watching the CL semis next week. I took a day off ;)

4. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL

Dhajj repped this.
  5. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    No one fu*king said this to begin with. I mentioned s04 and made a very clear qualifier.

6. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i think both @LoewenBoy and @footyfan1 secretly cheer for bayern when they play against a team like real madrid. but they wont admit it.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  7. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I openly cheer for BvB in the CL...unless its a Klassiker. ;)

Lahmfan and Dhajj repped this.
  8. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I always cheer for Bundesliga teams in Europe. And although being a BVB fan, I don't have a problem with Bayern, but that is just me. I like to eliminate the negative from football, you know, the hate. Maybe that is easier to do when you live miles away from it all and never had actual contact with the club and the fans...

Dhajj, Vlad S. and Lahmfan repped this.
  9. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Same here. In CL, if BVB isn't playing I always cheer for Bayern.

Boandlkramer and Lahmfan repped this.
  10. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I'll admit it...and have. Cheer is the wrong word though. I loathe Real and Barca more. I simply turn up the hue on my TV to make Bayern's kits blue and watch the game like that. Situational ethics? Sure, but those are en vogue these days. ;)

Dhajj, Boandlkramer and Lahmfan repped this.
  11. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    #136 heynckes' hanging leftnut, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    I've only supported BvB. Never had a dislike for any other teams except for bayern, due to the arrogance the club often showed, but i'm over that. In the 90s I was frustrated with ajax, juventus, leverkusen and werder bremen as they more often than not beat BvB.

I never had a bundesliga-bias in european competition except for during a few years in the 2000s but i didn't bother going as far as to watch their games...just hoped they would win.

I've also backed and watched some teams who have been really attractive in the CL - Barcelona under Pep, Real madrid with zidane, ronaldo and figo, Leverkusen in 2002 and Bayern in 2010. Bayern in that year played swashbuckling football; like they didn't seem to care about the result...lots of fun to watch.

12. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #137 footyfan1, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014

Come on man. I think you've seen my story before. I was a Bayern fan until I actually moved to Bayern (Bavaria) and learned what the club and the fan base was all about. I couldn't get away from them fast enough. Shit, Franz Beckenbauer is still among my top five all-time favorite players.

Now, do I "secretly cheer for Bayern" when they play anyone? No. Because I don't "secretly" cheer for anyone. I openly admit there are a few clubs out there I would rather see Bayern win against. The main one is BVB's arch-rivals, Scheisse 04.

The other main ones are: Man Shitty, Nazio Roma, Chelsea, and Juventus.

There might be some others based on situations such as racist fan bases, etc........

Real Madrid? I don't "cheer" for anyone when Bayern and Real meet.

I simply wish there was a way both could lose........

But since one has to win, my preference is always Real. However, unlike most fans, I try not to allow my allegiances to cloud my judgement and cause me to make stupid and/or hypocritical comments.

Does it happen from time to time? Sure it does. However, don't take my acknowledgement of Bayern being the best managed club and best team in the world right now to mean that I'm somehow some kind of "secret fan."

No f#cking way would I ever become a fan of this arrogant, entitled, scumbag club again. I know too much about Bayern and how it operates to ever be able to live with myself if I supported such a club.

As LB said, "cheer" is the wrong word. There are simply a few other clubs I hate more than The Scum of Southern Bavaria..........

Boandlkramer, s7kru and Lahmfan repped this.
  13. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    ^^^^^
    Makes you long for the days when Footy would go on about "Buyscum" and "that Rat Bastard Elber", doesn't it? ;)

14. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He had to compensate for his days on the dark side.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Unfortunately I hadn't heard of BS back then.

15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Couldn't stand that f#cking rat bastard from the day he decided to taunt us BVB fans at Gottleib-Daimler Stadion when he was still with Stuttgart. I hated Stuttgart for a long time for defending him after he did it. I still hate Gerhard Mayer-Vorfelder to this day for defending that bullshit.

What was funnier is that after the f#cking rat bastard Elber jilted Stuttgart for "BayScum" ;), a few Stuttgart fans pointed back to when he taunted the BVB fans to illustate what kind of a$$hole he was.

I ripped them for being extremely hypocritical because as long as he was one of theirs, they either defended him or tried to ignore the situation.

Very few of them called him the a$$hole he was for doing this. Needless to say, Elber's antics in what some of us BVB fans know as the "Scandalous Match of Munich" (Skandalspiel im Muenchen) from the 2002-2003 season didn't endear the f#cking rat bastard to me any more.

But I have to say, Elber made up for a lot of it with me by convincing Bayern to invest so much in Breno. Had Elber not done this, we wouldn't have Mats Hummels!

So thank you a$$hole Elber! LOL!!!

vinontop, Boandlkramer and LoewenBoy repped this.
  16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not much of it took place at BS man. I was a member, but didn't spend much time here because back then, the place was full of morons who just didn't have a clue.

Wait. I guess there isn't much difference now! LOL!!

Anyhow, most of this stuff took place on e-mail lists LB and I were part of.

Boandlkramer and chewz repped this.
  17. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can you elaborate on what he did though? I didn't follow football for the few years I was in college.

18. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I absolutely and completely hate Bayern. Just a tad more than Real. It would be a dream fulfilled to see Bayern caught in a match fixing scandal so they can toil in 2. BL. They are arrogant, corrupt, obnoxious and highly pretentious. If it can't be us then I will always rather have Schalke win the title than Bayern.

20. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Youre a joke man...

21. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes because I am too pragmatic right? Why make the league more competitive?

22. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This would never happen. The DFB would find a way to call any rules against match fixing "outdated" and eliminate those rules retroactively so they wouldn't have to punish Bayern.

Some might be laughing and calling me a "hater."

But this is exactly what happened when Bayern was caught tampering (tapping up) other clubs' players in the early 2000s. Bayern was caught red-handed paying players from other clubs under the table not to extend with their current clubs and join Bayern on free transfers (this look familiar to any of you??). Bayern basically robbed other clubs not only of their players, but of potential transfer fees those clubs could have used to improve themselves (again, this look familiar to any of you??). In other countries, clubs would be banished from their leagues or at least severely punished for such activity. Bayern? They got protected. So much of the shit clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United get falsely accused of doing, Bayern does and gets away with it.

Why do you guys think Germany is the only footballing nation in Europe when tampering (tapping up) is not against the rules anymore????

Nothing will ever happen because even the cowardly bastards who run the DFB are afraid of what German football would be without Bayern. Even they are f#cking brainwashed enough to think German football would be something significantly less without Bayern in it.

This is exactly why when Bayern was caught extorting money from KirchMedia (then the Bundesliga's TV contract holder) in circumvention of the Bundesliga's revenue sharing deal/rules, Franz Beckenbauer, then still president of Bayern, threatened to move Bayern to Serie A (as if UEFA would have allowed this) if the DFB dared punish Bayern the way Bayern should have been punished.

Bayern got a slap on the wrist and walked away with no real punishment once again.

Dude. Don't even count on the DFB ever punishing Bayern for anything. I don't think it will ever happen. In Germany, the rules don't apply to them.

bvbSlash and BVB1989 repped this.
  23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No. Because no "normal" BVB fan would ever wish for Scheisse to win the title. Even if it means Bayern winning it.

24. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Wow, and I thought some Sechzig fans were extreme.

Bayern don't need to fix games, they have too much power to have to resort to that. They will try to manipulate the media contracts, they will buy players they don't need to keep them from their competition, they will try to manipulate the DFB to get a preferred schedule and other such things, but they won't fix matches. There is no need with all this other stuff going on.

footyfan1 repped this.
  25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #150 footyfan1, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014

Dude, try Total Wine and More in that strip mall near 410 & San Pedro across 410 from North Star Mall. Their selection of German bier is pretty damned good. They even have different varieties of the Bamberger Rauchbier (Bamberg Smoked Beer). I don't drink that stuff, but some people do. LOL!!

Seriously, Total Wine and More has the best German beer selection I've found in this area so far. And their prices are not crazy.......

That being said, I know I can get Franziskaner Hefeweissbier in my local H-E-B. Picked up a couple of bottles this past weekend.

Another H-E-B Not far from me (1604 & Kitty Hawk near Randolph AFB) at least has Franziskaner and Paulaner Hefeweissbier.

And when the wife and I are up in the Stone Oak area, we go to that H-E-B Plus! just off 1604 and Evans Road for some German bier. They usually have the biers I mentioned plus Erdinger and some other brands.

I think most H-E-Bs carry brands like Warsteiner and Beck's.

Dhajj repped this.