2013-2014 Bundesliga Match Day 26: Hannover 96 v Borussia Dortmund [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by chewz, Mar 21, 2014.

1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If we lose by 2 goals in Madrid, Lewandowski will not be able to get us out of that gigantic hole. Unless Miki picks up a red, he will play the full 180 min. Make no mistake that every player has a HUGE task at hand. Its just that Mik's is even more so. Sounds poetic but he will have to be our Steven Gerrard over those 2 matches.

2. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    How was Kirch?

3. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    absolutely. true test of mental character of team but more importantly tactical nous of Klopp and team. Let's see if this system is reliable enough to carry team without some key players. I am skeptical of course as I've said for two years now but even if Dortmund crash out, the excuse will continue to be lack of first teamers, etc.

I will be shocked if Dortmund go through. Shocked.

4. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    #29 heynckes' hanging leftnut, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    Dude..all good in theory. But in practice - will it proceed like this? That depends on who gets to the ball first, who moves smarter, who thinks more clearly on the day and..etc. How did your outlook for barcelona for yesterday match up with what happened? It is called the real world; not theory.

That is why it is 50/50 for me. Real madrid has not played bvb this season in a CL knockout match. We dont know how they will react . I have a strong hunch that bvb will play the games of their season against them (the dynamic from last season is a reason for this). Trust me - it is experience of the club over the years and of the last two years in the CL of this particular group of players that tells me this. And that is why there is a 50/50 chance of going through. Just wait and see if you don't want to believe it.

By the way, i think it is very, very good that the revierderby is not right before this match. Over this CL-campaign and the last, this group has almost always dropped points on either side of a CL-match.

5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's the thing man, I want to believe but I don't know who else will get injured at BVB or if Carlo will field Di Maria out wide for Madrid. I am basing my analysis on what I have seen Madrid do more often than not this season and how they tried to play us last year....all 4 times.

6. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    #31 heynckes' hanging leftnut, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    And In the end they were well beaten last year. Trust me ;)

This prediction IS affected by the personnel, so the injuries have brought it down to 50/50. If bvb had the first choice team right now, i would have said the chance of going through is 65/35 (or something in that range).