2013-2014 Bundesliga Match Day 25: Borussia Dortmund v Borussia Mönchengladbach [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by chewz, Mar 15, 2014.

1. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  2. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @bvbSlash: No handball penalty given was the right decision, there is not a single match report that said otherwise. First situation was against arm but the arm was directly at the body and the shot from short distance. Never ever a penalty. The second was half upper body, half shoulder, no hand whatsoever.

Also they all agree that ter Stegen was fouled in his box. Stop looking like a sore loser.

3. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Not sure if directed at me, Bvbslash or all of us in general.

We're down 2-0, or 2-1 the game is intense, I get passionate and emotional during games this game was no exception, and I post here on the Borussia Dortmund boards which is primarily for our fans, not Monchengladbach fans, the fans here know me, I feel I can comfortably post my opinions without giving a f*ck what other fans think of me. Watching from a choppy stream, to me it looked like a penalty and goal at the moment, so I commented. I didn't agree with the ref, I don't often do, even if its against our team, I call handballs, cards or penalties not given. Was it or was it not, I don't know I haven't had the chance to review it yet, I've cooled off from watching the match so I won't disagree with you. Naturally I'm disappointed, angry and other "negative" feelings at the result, but I accept it. It's a difficult call to make, I'm biased towards my team, so I'm in no position to say that the ref was wrong, but I felt it was at least questionable, not a definite correct call but not definitely wrong either, I could see why he wouldn't call it either.

Now you are generalizing, or exaggerating when you say all match reports saying other wise
    *EDIT*
    Well not sure if you edited BVBslash's name into it, or I simply missed it when I read your comment. Now I look stupid replying someone who wasn't directing their statement at me :oops::rolleyes:.

4. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Don't worry @chewz...its been that kind of day for the entire BVB family.

5. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    so over this season!
    Bring on the next one

6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Which match report are you referring to? The handball was clear as day. Daems had a good match but when you move your hands towards the ball, that's a handball.

How can Ter Stegen be fouled when he knocked Lewandowski from behind? It's like you watched another match in another universe.

Of course I'm going to be a sore loser. WTF did you expect? You guys fully deserved your 2 goals but we deserved 2 more of our own. At the very least we should have got a point out of this game.

7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If we aren't getting beaten by the referees or our medical team, we are beating ourselves. I think the BuLi still has a lot of interesting matchups. Of course I'd like nothing better than for us to beat Schalke and especially Bayern in the remaining matchdays.

In the CL I am curious to know how we perform in the QF regardless of who we get. Nothing would be sweeter than a spot in the SF this season.

All I'm saying is enjoy the season. I know it got sucked into a vortex once the injuries started piling on but there's still some excitement to be had.

And in the summer we have a new striker to look forward to. Miki might contemplate moving to Liverpool yet. The next season can wait.

8. kbvb

kbvb Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    To be honest, Gladbach deserved a point for sure. The way they kept the ball was fantastic. Their passing was superb. Their attacks were well calculated and brilliantly planned.
    We did have enough space in the midfield, but did not do enough to create opportunities out of it. Gundogan would have won this game for us.

For me, the only positive out of this game was Jojic. He was confident on the ball and was technically pretty good.