2013-2014 Bundesliga Match Day 21 - Borussia Dortmund v Eintracht Frankfurt [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by chewz, Feb 15, 2014.

1. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    33th minute we're up 2-0 courtesy of an Aubameyang double

Line Ups
    Dortmund (4-2-3-1):
    Weidenfeller; Piszczek, Friedrich, Sokratis, Schmelzer; Kehl, Sahin; Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Grosskreutz; Lewandowski

Dortmund subs: Langerak, Bender, Hofmann, Jojic, Schieber, Sarr, Durm

Frankfurt (4-2-3-1): Trapp; Jung, Anderson, Madlung, Djakpa; Russ, Lanig; Aigner, Meier, Weis; Rosenthal.

Frankfurt subs: Wiedwald, Oczipka, Kempf, Inui, Schrock, Kadlec, Joselu

2. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Aubameyang double

3. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Miki double assist

4. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I thought it deflected off Friedrich, Trapp saves it but it rebounds to Aubameyang. Sahin took the corner.

5. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    PK, foul on lewa, he scores, 3-0

6. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Schmelzer's header cleared off the line, and Grosskreutz dekes Trapp only for his shot to be blocked by a last ditch tackle. 4th goal to come?

7. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Jojic for Miki!

JOJIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

OMG I'm crying

8. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Jojic scores within a few seconds of his debut!!!!!

9. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Hoffman on for Aubameyang, no hattrick for him

10. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Probably wishful thinking on my part. I really want Miki to become integral to our success.

11. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anyone know what Sahin was so angry about? I missed it

12. BVB86

BVB86 Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Good solid win that never looked in doubt. Some good performances

13. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Simple tap-in for Jojic but a goal is a goal. It's great for his confidence.

14. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Jojic was very nervous, pretty normal. Its a huge leap for him. Great that he scored.

Aubameyang is a freaking beast, so many goals playing on the right wing! Amazing.

We are finally back on track. And take into consideration that Reus, Bender and Hummels didnt play today! I think we can look forward to next games with excitement.

15. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is it safe to say Miki was MOTM.

16. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Not sure about that, Miki dissapeared a little in the second half.

17. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Probably because of the Zenith match he started taking it easy. Besides the damage was already done. I'm just speculating of course.

18. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hard to say, its good he delivered when it mattered though.

Its nice to see us play good football again. Reus, Hummels and Bender should comeback to the squad for the HSV game, get some match practise and then we travel to Russia.

19. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    However I must say Klopp can be very irritating with his lack of subtitions or lack of rotation. I understand wanting to have stability but come on! What would be wrong with letting Durm play in a game like this for example? Would that disrupt our game and make us lose points? I dont think so. Just give the guy some playing time so he could feel an important part of the team. Same goes for Hofmann. When it is 3-0 I would imidiately sub off Mkhitaryan and put Hofmann in there or give Sokratis a rest and let Sarr play for 30 minutes... Klopp should think about stuff like that...

20. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You are right in theory, but we don't exactly know what's going on within the team and how the players relate to the BVB cause. Without such context it's hard to infer. They may as well be perfectly into Klopp's current and general plan and feel a part of it despite what appears to be a bad coaching decision.

21. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I disagree with this. Hoffman, Sarr and Durm need playing time to develop, rest the first team players and be ready to take the mantel when somebody gets injured. We cant compete with Bayern because we don't have depth!?! WTF. How can we build depth without letting them play against some of the bottom half BuLi teams? How can Sahin and Bender stay sharp for the CL matches if they are playing 3 matches in 11 days?

If the trio I mentioned perform admirably we have addressed our depth issue next year without spending any money in the transfer market. Less money in transfers means more towards wages....wages for players we really want to keep.

22. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Considering how many points Dortmund has lost in last few Bundesliga games it doesn't make much sense to experiment with Durm, Sarr etc...after 3:0 Klopp subbed Auba with Jojic and shortly Miki with Hoffman..

23. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You didn't read my post, so not sure what you're disagreeing with. I wasn't picking right from wrong, but rather saying we can't infer how the players feel based on our outsider view. Durm, Sarr, Hoffman etc may as well be happy with the amount of playing time they are receiving. Regardless of whether you or I disagree with Klopp.

24. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What I meant to say was that them being happy or not isn't an issue. Their development and being the pieces to building our team's depth is what's very important.

25. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Not saying to put them all in there at once. But I think there would be nothing wrong with starting Durm instead of Schmelzer yesterday.

Same goes for next week, we all know the line-up is going to look like this:
    Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Sokratis, Hummels, Schmelzer - Bender, Sahin - Auba, Miki, Reus - Lewandowski

Hummels, Bender and Reus should be back for that game.

Anyway, against HSV I believe there would be no harm in letting Sahin get a rest and give Bender-Kehl partnership a chance. Or put Hofmann in there instead of Miki who has been playing week-in week-out.