2013-2014 Bundesliga Match Day 18: Borussia Dortmund v FC Augsburg [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jan 20, 2014.

?

How Will Saturday's Meeting Between BVB and FC Augsburg turn out?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2014.
  1. Big victory for BVB (By two goals or more)

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Big victory for FCA

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Close victory for BVB

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Close victory for FCA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Controversial victory for BVB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Controversial victory for FCA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Controversial Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I don't know........

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Prima free kick by Sahin! Loops around the wall hitting top corner 2-1!! :thumbsup:

2. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Well f*ck that lasted long

3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #28 Epitome990, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    Are you kidding me?!?!? Ji scores on us! Tied again

Nice header though from angle, promising to see for us next season. Great awareness and accuracy on goal.

Hahn trolling us all game with crosses from the flank.

4. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  5. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Schieber for Miki, at this point we're desperate.

It's amazing how we're just trying to run through Augsburg at the moment.

6. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    pathetic display, specially by reus, wasting chances even after winter break

7. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Both goals came from crosses from the left side. Personally I think Schmelzer should be benched for the next match.

footyfan1 repped this.
  8. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Well, I will offer the glass is half full post. At least Leverkusen, BMG and Wolfsburg all lost.

9. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    People have to stop with the Reus criticism. Or at least get some perspective in. If it wasn't for him, Dortmund wouldn't even have the two goals. Moreover, he can't be expected to raise the level of the team alone. He only has one likeminded, elite player next to him in Lewandowski. How on earth is that helpful to him?

This is on the manager for choosing a way to play that is getting more and more exposed; through tactical alterations, player weaknesses, etc.

footyfan1 repped this.
  10. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So we're the winners in the end this round, aren't we??

Mkhitaryan belongs in CM, Schmeltzer needs to be benched (nod to chewz), Reus needs a new lover, and Lewa will require a bigger pair of balls before summer

11. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #37 Epitome990, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    Our creativity really dwindling as the game winded down. Our offensive tactics were predictable, Weinzierl already had us figured out. Dribbling into the box, and basically achieving nothing.

We don't have that impact sub who can provide a spark off the bench. Normally it's Auba but our depth takes another huge hit with Kuba out injured. Schieber as usual offers nothing.

I don't really see us bringing in another player this winter. Klopp needs to give someone like Hofmann more chances to step up. Other possibilities would be a kid like Jordanov from the reserves gets an opportunity promoted to the big club. This is when having Bittencourt still around would be key. He played well at the end of the Hinrunde, and just scored a brace today against Wolfsburg.

13. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    i meant his finishing, he scored that sitter he had that wouldda been game over right there and then, and for the quality of a player he is how he missed that is beyond me, he had all the time he needed and he didnt even make the keeper work... yea i might be too harsh on him but when the whole team sucks i expect him to step up and lead by an example

14. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    thats what makes this draw even more painful, with a win we wouldda closed the gap/extended the lead table wise

15. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nah. That's unreasonable pressure I think. There are no leader-type figures in Germany any longer. It's just not the kind of culture that is bred anymore. That's not necessarily a bad thing but you won't see this almost antiquated desire to see figures like that. Also, doesn't make sense as we know Dortmund as a whole is wasteful and Klopp doesn't exactly help in the situation.

footyfan1 repped this.
  16. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Well we are definitely in a crisis right now. Its not even the fact we drew the game, our game was just... well, there was no game. We didnt play football. We were running around the pitch with no purpose, our pressing was very poor and ineffective, our finishing was once again poor, our decision making all over the pitch was TERRIBLE. Its like all the players decided to make bad decisions. We miss Hummels and Gundogan, boring to say that again and again but doesnt make it less true. If Reus keeps playing like that I think we shouldnt be too worried if he leaves us for 35 million euros after next season. Miki is still struggling, Sahin is not doing the playmaking at all, Schmelzer was afwul, Piszczek was... on the bench lol wut.

- Bad decision making
    - Completely unorganised pressing
    - Bad line-up choice from Klopp, I think we needed Piszczek against Augsburg.
    - Poor finishing

Our defense is still very solid if you ask me. But you have to realise - if the attack doesnt work well it hurts the defense because rival has more opportunites to attack themselves.

Epitome990 and footyfan1 repped this.
  17. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I though Grosskreutz was decent, his crossing wasn't too good, but he did well on the defense. I don't know what Piszczek would have offered in hindsight. Augsburg's pressing was effective against us. Schemlzer deserves to be benched after that performance, Durm or Grosskreutz at LB vs. that club that I can't even pronounce. After they scored we looked like we wanted to run the ball into the net, absolutely no clue how to break down a defense sitting back.

Our two goals came from set pieces, that's how good our offensive play was today. Sahin was okay, nice goal, but somewhat invisible when playmaking, like all our offensive forwards. However I think part of the problem here was transitioning the ball from defense to midfield, since I think we relied far too heavily on long balls whenever our defense had it.

Epitome990 repped this.
  18. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree. However, other BVB fans seem to lose their f#cking minds if you dare criticize Klopp........

19. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kicker Player Ratings. 1 being "World Class" - 6 being the worst.

Weidenfeller (3) - Großkreutz (3,5) , S. Bender (3,5) , Sokratis (2,5) , Schmelzer (5) -
    Sahin (3) , Kehl (3) - Blaszczykowski , H. Mkhitaryan (4,5) , Reus (4,5) - Lewandowski (3)

6. Aubameyang (5) für Blaszczykowski
    84. Schieber für H. Mkhitaryan

Hitz (3,5) - Verhaegh (3) , Callsen-Bracker (3) , Klavan (4) , Ostrzolek (5) - Baier (2,5) - Hahn (2,5) ,
    Vogt (3) , Halil Altintop (4) , To. Werner (4) - Bobadilla (4,5)

35. Milik (4) für Halil Altintop
    70. Ji für Bobadilla
    88. Hong für Milik