2013/15 Hajime Hosogai @ Hertha BSC (GER)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    he's starting for Hertha Berlin, not Real Madrid. He does what he does, a lot of tackles, fouls, useful but pretty unidimensional. He's done great as a CB because it doesn't involve any technical prowess. Singing the praise of Hosogai when we're used to the likes of Endo, Hasebe, Ono, Ogasawara, etc ... sorry that's impossible.
    Good depth ? He's lucky to get 5 minutes at the end of a match.

2. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    It`s simple, when a players gets as good ratings as players like Schweinsteiger or the Bender brothers in this moment he is on the same level. If he doesn`t he didnt recieved this ratings. So everybody can say what he want`s like he is technical limited or does stupid fouls, that`s only your view of the situation but the ratings are fact. Fact is that he is on place Nr.14 from all Midlefielders of the hole league and that`s f.....g awesome , the rest doesnt matter.

He is waaaaaaaaaaay better then Endo at the moment or Hasebe. He is outstanding at this season and he was even solid at Leverkusen and good at Augsburg. He shows us for 3 years that he is very solid and he would play in every most of every team with this form if he earn the trust there.

3. marten48

marten48 Member

Jun 2, 2012
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Endo? Talk about unidimensional. The guy is as much a physical non-factor in midfield as I've ever seen. I think what is going on here is obvious -- you rate technical ability and ignore all other aspects of the game, like positional sense, which Hosogai excels at.

The thing is, this overemphasis on technique runs counter to the interests of the JNT, since technique has historically been our strength. If we want to succeed at the WC, it's the other aspects of the game that must be emphasized. Look at the current squad -- a technical wizard who can ping the ball around the field is not what is needed. A strong CB with good physical and positional qualities is.

4. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Endo a non physical factor ? He's one of the few guys not to get bullied off the ball. He should run like a mad dog instead of being cautious with his work rate, that would make him look better I guess. But that wouldn't make him better. Obviously his physical ability has decreased with age but even on a wheelchair, he's more useful than Hosogai.

The game is played with a ball and a national team player, nowadays, needs to be able to manipulate it. It's all I ask.

Pjdawa repped this.
  5. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    I don't know why you compare a classic 6 (Hosogai) with Endo who surely never did too good in defence and is even more forward oriented than the classic number 8. Moe can be dropped even to CB position if the situation is urgent. Other Japanese DM who could play in NT who can do that is Yamaguchi but haven't seen that on reasonable level to say it would be a hit. Endo is not an utility player. He plays like he's the guy on around who you can build a team, but in a team that worked well before he would get tough time to adjust his play (if it's even possible).
    Ok, so what Hosogai can't do? He can get the ball for his team, play agressive football, pass the ball higher to the midfield and don't have a problem when he has to switch sides with 30-40 meters pass and decide the tempo of action thanks to his great passing accuracy rate. He can play a through ball breaking the lines too but rarely he finds himself in the area of 20-25 meters in front of the opposite team's goal.

6. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I talked more in depth about Endo because that's where Marten48 was headed.
    Hosogai played CB a few times but let's not overreact, he's an emergency one, if he were to play more at this position he would certainly be exposed. It's not a shame or a critic, he just isn't a CB.

He can get the ball yes, give it away too, play agressive football for sure, but the rest of your description is really stretching too far. His technical skills are poor, which limit him to a certain style of football and he has the intelligence to play it and not expose too much his deficiencies.

7. nshires

nshires Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
  8. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    start vs Augsburg

9. nshires

nshires Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
  10. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's hilarious.

11. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    the match ended 2-0, crossbar hit by Haraguchi.

The initial lineup was Jarstein, Pekarik, Heitinga, Hosogai, Allagui, Ronny, Hegeler, Langkamp, van den Bergh, Haraguchi, Wagner.

Samurai Warrior, seolseol and Majster2 repped this.
  13. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Berliner Kurier relates a nice story: a 10-year-old Hertha fan came to a test match against Sevilla with a homemade sign requesting Hosogai, his favorite player, for his shirt. When Hosogai was substituted off the kid approached the bench with the sign and the player obliged - upon receiving the gift he fell into his dad's arms crying. He said: "Hosogai is my favorite player - he's such a team player. I play in the same position and hope to play for Hertha when I grow up."

14. leerooney

leerooney Member

May 8, 2014
    Hanoi
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  15. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Luhukay told the press he was given a break.

16. nshires

nshires Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
  17. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Starts with Haraguchi in the Pokal game against Viktoria Koeln.

18. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Won 2-4, Hosogai played 86 minutes.

datschge repped this.
  19. nshires

nshires Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
  20. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    start for Hosogai and Haraguchi

btw, any chance of combining threads for players on the same team?

seolseol repped this.
  21. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    starts vs leverkusen

22. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    2-2 immediatly.

23. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    that wasn't hosogai assist. his hair confuses me.. uggh..

24. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    He did assist an assist though.

25. nshires

nshires Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers