2012 Season Ticket Renewal thread

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Aug 9, 2011.

1. rhymeorreason

rhymeorreason Member

Nov 16, 2004
    OPKS
    Roxanne renewed our tickets Monday night at the game, but we got the e-mail with the "Renew Today and Get Benefits" e-mail on Tuesday.

Did anyone else who renewed before Tuesday, 9/6, receive the same e-mail?

2. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. upup89

upup89 Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
  4. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you read the article that goes along with it, those seats are being converted to Club seats, which presumably have the same amenities as the Shield Club in LSP. Robb has posted that we have a 400 person waiting list for those seats, I would guess that RBNY is in the same situation and has decided to take advantage of it. Good for them, bad for the fans.

But, damn. A Shield Club seat in LSP is $1,250 for the season. RBNY is getting $3,000. And they were getting $1,000 for some of those seats without any club privileges this year. New York prices just boggle the mind.

5. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks to me like NY used the first couple of seasons as an experiment in demand; it's the only way I can make any sense of their pricing the upper and lower level seats the same. It really shouldn't surprise people that they would adjust it sooner or later. And you say it's bad for fans, but their supporter section is not changing and the upper bowl is being reduced significantly across the board. All they're really raising is premium seating prices.

6. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    To be fair the cost of living and entertainment in New York is so vastly inflated over over what it is here in KC that comparing the two is not really kosher.

7. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could they make it any more complicated? How many different seating sections do they need?

Did you see that they have a loyalty point program and they are not allowing the points to carry over to next season?

8. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Over the weekend, I was thinking about STH legacy incentives to encourage people to keep buying their season tickets while allowing the club to raise rates in general. Then today, I saw that Seattle does have a discounted rate for STH from 2009. http://www.soundersfc.com/Tickets/Season-Tickets.aspx
    The discount is around 12% for the most expensive seats and about 20% everywhere else.

In our case, maybe legacy STHs can get a simple % discount compared to the regular STH price based upon tenure per seat according to a sliding scale.
    3-5 years: 7% discount
    6-9 years: 10% discount
    10+ years: 13% discount

Granted, I have no idea if there is a *need* for something like this. But if the demand for STs high, this would allow the club to raise rates while mitigating the impact upon legacy STHs.

9. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Did anyone else get an email voucher for free tickets to the SKC/Columbus match this morning? I know about the FO giving away free tickets to those who renewed (which I had already recieved and redeemed); however, I did not expect this?

If you have recieved vouchers for the Columbus match, any idea where these seats are located?

10. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I received one yesterday, that was my first question as well, where are the seats at.

11. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I guess the voucher does say "tickets are placed on availability."

-- not that thats much of a help. I guess its the thought that counts.

12. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did receive a "yellow card" in the snail mail last week reminding to renew by 9/28 to ensure retention of my currents seats....thought it was humorous.

13. snoopj123

snoopj123 Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I renewed, but only for one seat in the Member's Stand. I'll probably have a few to sell next season, as I know the GF isn't going to want me to have 100% attendance to the matches next season. Odds are, what I sell will come with parking pass for F (assuming that's where they put us again).

14. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    ... and next thing you know, Saturdays will be reserved 100% for Bed Bath and Beyond. At least Nebraska Furniture Mart is next to the stadium.

15. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO

GF or baby mama. GF has little say, she can accept and come along or not go. Baby mama means you are at her calling. Stand your ground now and get her involved if you want a future happy relationship.

16. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While not renewal, I ordered my season tix for '12 in the MS a couple weeks ago. First time I've ever been a season holder for any sports team, and I am excited.

17. snoopj123

snoopj123 Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Don't worry guys. We've found a decent balance here recently that I'm hoping to continue next season that allows me to go to plenty of games. With as many games as there had been around here in late July and August, I put so many other things aside to go to the games. That's not what is going to happen next season. Hopefully a more split up schedule will make going to as many of the games as I want pretty easy to do.

Just a different approach. Thanks for the relationship advice. LOL.

18. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I made it pretty clear and the beginning of my relationship that I would be going to games and tailgating no matter what. As soon as the schedule comes out I post it on my fridge and it is known that I will be going to games and that I will be gone for about 8 to 9 hours on game day.

19. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Famous last words: "I got relationship advice off bigsoccer.com SKC season ticket renewal thread." For example, Felixx219 published notice via the refrigerator magnet. Brilliant!

20. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I just take my wife with me to the games, because I knew she loved soccer way before she did.

Still a work in progress.

21. snoopj123

snoopj123 Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'll continue working on it. I think she is going to come with me to the NYRB match this next Saturday. Maybe that might change her mind a little.

22. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll say this: The wimmenz, they love them some Livestrong Sporting Park. In four seasons at the 'Head and CAB, my wife came to two games, and I think she was humoring me both times.

This season, she and our daughter (13) are actually having "discussions" over who goes to the games with me, and have gone together when I can't make it. They both know who most of the players are, and are huuuuge fans of the White Puma, Kei, and Espinoza.

Meanwhile, our 16-year-old son, who is a budding hipster and regularly rocks a 1996 "Wiz" jacket he found on eBay, has been to one game this year. Too cool for Dad now, but I bet he'll be in the Cauldron in a couple of years.

Season tickets: Fun for the whole family!!! :D

23. Ihateusernames

May 16, 2007
    Merriam, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is my method.

24. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not me. Games are my escape from everything else including the wife. She goes to about one game a year. My oldest daughter (she's 9) is finally getting into sports. She actually sat and watched the first half of the Packers game with me last night so I will probably start taking her to more games.

25. Replicant

Replicant Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell of an accomplishment, good sir.