2012 Season Ticket Renewal thread

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Aug 9, 2011.

1. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    For what its worth I mostly sit at the back of the Members Section and the elevation is just enough to get a good look at the game. Stood behind the South End during action a few weeks ago ... and frankly it looked magnificent.

And yes, the cut off is really strange.

2. AdAstraPerAspera

Dec 16, 2010
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    During the Portland game, I met a buddy on the bridge above the Members' Stand. It was a great view of the game.
    What I liked about that spot was not only the height but also that the bridge is still so close to field. Not really a seating/ticket option but for fans with SRO tickets they can land there and have a really nice view.
    This stadium has yet to cease to impress me.

3. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is the reason why I spent a majority of the games at CAB watching from the wall in the outfield. It was a great view and hardly anyone else was over there so you had a ton of space. I had berm seats all three years over there and the only time I sat there for an entire game was when I brought my kids and that was maybe three times at most.

4. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless you have press credentials, the only way to do what you list is to have Field Side seats (those give you access to the Field Club). I believe they run $3,250 per seat for a season.

5. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i've heard that the price varies by row and by section. I have a friend who paid $2500 per seat in row 3 of F6 (this year).

6. Terry Brady

Terry Brady New Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    When we decided on seat location, we wanted to be near midfield on the side in the shade. So that meant the Shield Club sections. We sit high up in section 107. I believe the Shield Club includes sections 106, 107, and 108. Absolutely love it. Seats are at midfield and high enough up to get a great view of the entire field. Lots of leg room and plenty of room between seats. Very comfortable. The site lines are excellent as well. Never have a problem seeing over people in front of me.

If you are into a lot of cheering and fan activity, this might not be the section for you. Everyone seems pretty sober, stays seated, and for the most part watches the game. No organized chants and little yelling, except at big moments.

The Shield Club restaurant above those sections is very good. Lots of hd tv's on the walls as well as what looks to be roughly a 100 inch projection screen with good definition. We've tried the tacos, brisket, and the hamburgers, and they are all very tasty. Even have sushi there, although I am not a fan and have never tried it. There are enough tables so that it isn't terribly difficult to find a place to sit for pregame. Except for hamburgers, service is very quick. Yesterday we were eating within ten minutes of entering the Club. We got there about 45 minutes before game time yesterday and had no problem getting a table. For halftime my wife goes in with about four minutes to play to get us a table. If you wait until the whistle, you might have an issue. Bathrooms are clean and rarely have a waiting line - maybe a short one at halftime. I have heard some complaints about food prices, but to me they seem in line with what I have experienced at other stadiums. Yesterday we had a taco plate, a brisket plate and a soda. I think the bill was $28.

Our parking is in lot C. I was told that is the lot for the Shield Club. We like it there. It is a small lot and affords easy access into and out of the area without battling traffic and pedestrians.

Bottom line, we've had season tickets to a lot of different sports teams, including the Royals, Chiefs, KU and MU. I can honestly say I think this is the most fun and the best value for the dollar we have had. My wife has never been a sports fan and has pretty much dreaded going to games so that I am always looking for someone to go with me. But for Sporting KC, she wants to go every time. That's a minor miracle, and attests to the quality of the experience. I think the amenities afforded by the Shield Club have as much or more to do with her attitude than the actual game on the field.

7. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek: a house divided?

8. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Much truth here.

While my wife is always up for a KU game, I only got her to come out to Arrowhead and CAB one time each. With our Shield Club seats, she and our teenage daughter now argue over who comes with me. (In fact, if she hadn't been hit with an allergy attack, the girls were going to go and ogle Becks and Landy, while I watched on TV.)

Women like amenities. We guys have to use that to our advantage. :cool:

9. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless you have no desire for your wife to come to the games with you. :D

JC507 repped this.
  10. TheSmokingPun

TheSmokingPun Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing says "sexy" like receding hairline and the pace of 85 year old. :D

11. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, she likes me.....:p

12. Terry Brady

Terry Brady New Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Naw, we're transplants from another part of the country and have no allegiance to either school. We just enjoy sports. Well, at least one of us does. :)

13. Lebowski

Lebowski BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Today was the last day for the Paid In Full Incentive. I wonder what the target renewal percentage was by today and if it was reached.

14. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh it was? Thought it was the 28th for some reason. For what its worth I was told they have a bell in the FO that they ring when a season ticket is sold ... and its been rung a lot of late.

15. TheSmokingPun

TheSmokingPun Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Per email I received earlier today: Final deadline to retain your seats for 2012 is September, 28th.

I clearly remember paying for my tickets this year in January. What gives?

16. TasteTheRainbow

Aug 22, 2007
    Olathe, KS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Demand. Thats what gives. This isn't the same organization as last year.

17. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    True dat, seems a bit pushy to be having people lose their seats before THIS season is even finished though.

18. TheSmokingPun

TheSmokingPun Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cutoff around Christmas time is a good idea, inspires the people to renew with Xmas funds and such.

19. TasteTheRainbow

Aug 22, 2007
    Olathe, KS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also agreed. Do any other KC teams require renewal before the prior season is even over?

20. TheSmokingPun

TheSmokingPun Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Royals never sell out on season tickets and I believe the Chiefs used to for majority of their tickets before the mass exodus of fans gave them up during the losing seasons.

21. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pretty sure Brisket Bob Jarnovich or Ben can answer the above, but I seem to remember getting season ticket emails almost as soon as the last season finished.

22. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Feels like a momentum play to me. Face it, everyone here reading this is hooked and if you have non-GA seats, the incentive to not get bumped to worse seats is real as is the ability to upgrade locations starting in early October.

We've had a great run, the stadium is packed, enthusiasm is high, sell baby, sell.

23. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a bit? i think it's waaaay too soon. i understand why they want you to renew now, but come on. it's like radio stations playing xmas music earlier and earlier each year. i have a feeling that next year they're going to require renewals before the all-star break. the season after that, look out... they may just require you to buy two years at once.

i know i know, i'm being cynical here. still though, we're starting to feel some of the negatives of the team gaining a foothold in the city. there's a lot of positives (which get covered and talked about on here all the time), but there's also a corresponding negative trend that's inevitable ... and one that i swear some on here want to believe won't happen.

24. Lebowski

Lebowski BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    September 6th was the published date for the Paid In Full Incentive to get Victory Suite or the Budweiser Corner. As i read it, September 28th is the make your deposit by date to keep your seat.

I want to take my wife to the Victory Suite once next year, so the $300 for a MS STH now was worth it.

25. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, but i'm pretty sure the victory suite bonus is to be used this year, not next year.