2012 season schedule is published

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Pegasus503, Jan 5, 2012.

1. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I didn't make the Galaxy game at Jeld-Wen (damn midweek game), I was visiting family in Portland while Vancouver was in town and got to catch that game. Hell of a good time. I hope I can get up there this year for the Galaxy game.

2. Pegasus503

Pegasus503 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
    seven games conflict with FIFA fixture dates, when many star players are away with national teams:

Chicago at New England (June 1);
    Los Angeles at Columbus; Portland at Toronto and Houston at Vancouver (Aug. 15);
    Portland at Colorado (Sept. 5);
    Salt Lake at Houston (Sept. 6); and
    Chivas USA at Seattle (Sept. 8).

not including Euro 12 and Olympics

3. lajake

lajake Member

Dec 29, 2011
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be a long summer of players coming and going just as long as we get in the playoffs we will be fine. By October we should have all players back from national team duty.

4. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking at the summer schedule for the Galaxy, I don't think we'll have time to play an international friendly. Which is fine by me.

Teams from Europe and South America are in their off-season in June, which is when we have our long break between games. In July we potentially have two games a week the entire month, if you count the US open cup and MLS All-star game.

The only two scenarios I see are, we schedule a last minute game on Wednesday July 11th. (Does anyone know if there are attendance caps at the HDC during summer school in July and August?) Last minute because the US open cup semifinals are July 10th. Quarterfinals are on the June 26th, but that's too soon to schedule a game if we get eliminated in the Quarterfinals, so that game on July 11th would only happen if we get eliminated in the fourth round on June 5th.

The other scenario is playing a game against Real Madrid or Barcelona on Saturday August 18th at the Rose Bowl. La Liga starts its season later then the EPL so, they would still be technically in preseason, but the La Liga is scheduled to start the next weekend on the 25th. This would be pretty late in the preseason to not be in Europe. Moreover, the Supercopa is always played the weekend before the opening weekend.

Plus if the Galaxy win CCL in April, I don't want to play a team that wins the UCL, because that's a potential match-up at the CWC. We also have an away game against the Crew on August 15th and a CCL group match a week later, each would bookmark this potential match-up on the 18th. It's going to be a crazy and probably hot July/August this season.