2012 Season [R]

Discussion in 'North Carolina FC' started by AndyMead, Apr 29, 2012.

1. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    That's a monster attendance.

The Courage, if I recall, averaged in the 4-5k range in their two years at the stadium. The RailHawks were lucky to physically top 2k for the first four or five seasons.

The last year of the Wellman's with Jim Houghton in charge saw the first real growth in attendance - especially as the team made it's late season charge to the championship game. The last two years, under Traffic and Curt Johnson, have - after getting off to a slow start due to the way the Wellman's team was wound up - absolutely been phenomenal. They really kickstarted it with the Galaxy and Chivas USOC games.

2. NodineHill

NodineHill Member

May 3, 2013
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Yup; no USOC game, no cup game, just a regular season game pulled 6,700. I believe the reason was probably "nice weather, let's go watch some football!"

3. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The big attendance was on the back of youth clubs. Good weekend to do so with graduation weekend killing any chance at a restaurant. Wouldn't expect it week in week out, but hopefully we keep growing. I hope we get a local owner who doesn't mess with what's going on.

4. teucer

teucer Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, was a typo for 6700. (Might have been off by a hundred or so, though; it was off the top of my head. Definitely a bit shy of 7K.)

5. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    If Clarke doesn't field the strongest lineup possible, I'll be shocked.

The business/exposure/cash flow value of hosting the LA Galaxy next week outweighs any league concerns at this point.

6. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we will get a mixture. Unfortunately Enzo returned to RSL, so I'll say Elizondo and Ackley are the only unusual starters and they will replace Millington and Schialawski. We have an off week, so we can afford to play all our guys.

7. CorbinSC

CorbinSC Member

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is random, so hopefully I'm posting in the right place. I just moved up to NC so I'm planning to finally check out a Railhawks game soon. I've seen your team tons of times from your USL days but have never made it up to Cary. Now that we're in separate leagues is it acceptable if I show up in a Battery jersey? Haha, joking. Maybe.

8. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its all good. It would beat any Barca or Man U jersey. I like Ortiz and see him as starting quality, but with Franks getting the red, we should play him in Open Cup. Ortiz for Millington would be good, but Elizondo supposedly provides an attack that could pin the Dynamo down and Ortiz provides the defense to hold the lead. I think we need to chase goals to prevent a letdown.

9. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was frustrating but a win is a win. On to LA now.

10. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That game cleared things up for me.Keep Akira and Zack, sub in Elizondo when offense is needed, and play Rutkiewicz and James until Hamilton is back.

11. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. That was ugly and frustrating, but in the end we prevailed with 3 points. Time to focus on Chivas, hopefully with Jordan Graye on the field.

12. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Congrats on tonight's win, guys. Great performance, massive result...even if Carolina probably was the favorite in this one. ;)

13. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Railhawks doing a great job flying the NASL flag. Keep rolling.

14. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you. We've been lucky with home games but now we have either our biggest rivals or a strong RSL team away.

15. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    The Battery took them down to the wire tonight before getting blown out in OT. Good luck.

16. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Nice job getting past LA and Chivas. I'd wish you luck in the next round but, you know.
    (You probably won't be needing it anyways)
    Will any of you be coming to this match?

17. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't heard of any travel yet. Does RSL only do audio streams? That would be disappointing.

18. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    They had video for the Atlanta game, so I would imagine you'll be in good shape on that front.

19. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The stream is the video played on the jumbotron at the stadium.
    According to those that watched the last game by stream it was very glitchy and lagged around 5 minutes behind the audio stream.
    Hopefully they can fix that for next time.

20. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game against Charleston was only on the Battery's streaming site with Battery audio, which is why it was so poor. I don't think the ATL game had a stream I could find.

21. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    The stream for the RSL v. Atlanta game was only sorted out a few hours before the game, so that might be why you couldn't find it. Hopefully it won't be left so late this time around.

CHHSfan repped this.
  22. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big week up ahead. I heard Shipalane also has a knock, so I hope we take Enzo Martinez home as a victory trophy for beating RSL.

23. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Hell of a game between yours and ours tonight. I guess we'll find out how all of this pans out in a few days as fireworks go off in the background. ;)

24. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gutted as hell. We didn't do enough at all, and the injuries put us away. Time to turn to the fall now...

ceezmad repped this.