2012 Season NASL supporters PICS THREAD

Discussion in 'NASL' started by NorthernWall, Apr 10, 2012.

1. NorthernWall

NorthernWall Member

Mar 1, 2012
    The ultra secret conspiracy is that an ownership group with no connection to the original rowdies bought the name and thought the legacy came with it.

2. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Newsflash: That's how clubs are bought all over the world.

3. NorthernWall

NorthernWall Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Newsflash: That's dumb.

4. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, it isn't. The Rowdies did not exist for 16 years. That's not the same thing as a team simply being sold(like Minnesota) or even Rangers being reformed under a new legal entity. There was no continuity.

5. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea because their was no league. their would be a team if a league existed.

6. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Not a surprise, but WRONG AGAIN!

The Rowdies folded after the 1993 APSL season, coincidentally for the same reason the Mutiny would later be contracted by MLS. No one would buy them! They folded. Ceased to exist. Went poof! However you can wrap your mind around the concept that they were no longer on this planet.

The American Professional Soccer League existed until 1996 when it merged with the USL's top league at the time. So yes there was a league for them to play in, just no team.

And how do I know all of this and you don't? Because I was there! I went to the last Rowdies game in 1993 and the first FC Tampa Bay game in 2010. Pretty sure I would have noticed a seventeen year hiatus. They aren't the same team. They weren't 'bought' in any context.

So wrong. Just wrong.

TheJoeGreene and NorthernWall repped this.
  7. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So don't support the team because they have two stars on their jersey.

8. TheJoeGreene

TheJoeGreene Member+

Aug 19, 2012
    The Lubbock Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    WSW and NorthernWall should have to wear helmets while posting. I can't fathom two worse representatives of any entity and seeing them fight is watching homeless guys fight. It's funny at first, then it's sad, and finally it's irritating and you hope neither survives.

9. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I support the new Rowdies for what they are: a brand new team. Because I like watching live soccer at a reasonably good level. They became a very good team to watch this season and I am very proud that they won the title.

I just can't let people like you make factually incorrect statements. How about just for once admitting you are wrong and thanking someone else for enlightening you instead of just moving on to the next error? It isn't that hard.

10. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just like seeing how uptight people get over these stars. Soccer nerds of the world unite!

11. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree but I don't like people nitpicking about a "star".

We just won the Championship.

12. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I will always acknowledge being a nitpicker at heart. It is just so easy to get facts today. People should really start trying it.

Once again. It just isn't in your nature to say 'thank you for setting me straight, I appreciate it'.

And I think you are familiar with my nitpicking about lots of things. As I said previously, It is my nature.

The funny thing about you is this idea of yours that you just blindly love your club no matter what. Everything your club does is right. Me not so much, but you don't get why. You keep thinking that it is because I hate the club, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I was one of the happiest cats in the state when I heard they were going to try to reincarnate the Rowdies. Unfortunately it has turned out to be a half assed, lets pretend we are the original Rowdies farce. I want this club to be the best and will always demand that.

Maybe the hyper critical attitudes and the ferocity I dish it out is a cultural difference. The Scottish blood in my viens makes me want to argue about everything and anything. I will tear down my beloved institutions if I think it will make them better. A harsh critic keeps people honest. This club has done more in the last month than I have seen them do in three years, but that doesn't make me any less critical. I will still unload both barrels on them if needed.