2012 Season Catch-All Thread

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by JasonMa, Feb 29, 2012.

1. 22SteveD

22SteveD Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't this a conflict of interest since I thought he was also "President" of that South American investment group in Player transfer rights? The one that owns/ screwed up Agbossoumonde's career?

2. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Executive Director, but he left that role to take this position.

3. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/ml...er-don-garber-spoke-2012-season-jeff-carlisle

Interview between Don Garber and Jeff Carlisle of ESPN:

4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know people are probably tired of me pointing stuff like this out, but this crap just pisses me off.

Watching the Altitude Season Preview this morning Balboa had his list of top 5 Rapids games to see this season. They were all home games, possibly intentionally. His last game was Sat. September 5th against the Timbers according to what he was saying and the on-screen graphic.

September 5th is a Wednesday. We do play the Timbers that day at home, so they got that much right, but somehow they decided that was a Saturday.

I continue to be amazed that the Rapids can not do a single public notification of any type without getting some sort of fact wrong. :mad:

5. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    I'd bet you were wrong right there ;)

not :mad:

6. meanderingjeeper

May 27, 2003
    At my house
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I don't know why. It's not like they send out emails with grammatical errors where they request $1,000 a table.

"Colorado Rapids KICK OFF Luncheon - YOUR INVITED! (LAST DAYS)"

7. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yesterday's reminder to season ticket holders to fill out their form for the name they want on the jersey had the mail merge fields used incorrectly. In my case it said Hello Maxwell and told me that if I didn't fill out the form my name would appear as Maxwell JasonJason.

They had to send a second email apologizing for the confusion. That one correctly said Hello Jason and said my name would appear as Jason Maxwell.

:rolleyes:

8. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    I bet about 15% of your posts are a version of "I found another error." I never read things that closely and from reading much of this message board I've learned to read without errors killing me. I guess someone has to keep them on their toes.

9. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Unfortunately I'm a director of QA, so my job for 8+ hours a day is to read stuff and find errors. Its hard to turn that habit off. ;)

10. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the Rapids apparently found a couple of boxes of old jerseys over the winter. Yesterday in the team store they had a bunch of old game jerseys, training gear, and boots for players no longer with the team. Diz, Petke, Cooke, Ballouchy, Harvey, LaBrocca, etc. Pretty much any player who had been here in the last few years and suited up to at least be on the bench for a game but is no longer with the team was represented. They also had goalkeeper jerseys (for the first time ever as far as I know) from Coundoul and Grazyk. I picked up a Bouna jersey. :D

Game-worn jerseys were $100, and no season-ticket holder discount applied (but you still got the points on your kickback card). Training jerseys were $50, I didn't see the price on the boots. The rack was pretty big so I'm sure they'll still have some left at the next home game.

I actually thought it was pretty cool way to get rid of old equipment, rather than just trash it or donate it. Something tells me nobody is buying that Diz jersey though...

11. teddy_montoya

teddy_montoya RapidsThugLife

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think all the "game used" equipment was over priced. There is no way in hell would I pay $50 for anything Keel, Bouna, Diz, etc. Drop the price to $25 and we are game.

12. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reserves lose 1-0 this morning in Houston. Joyce gave up a rebound in the 80th minute that the Dynamo finished.

Starting lineup:

[LINEUP-4-3-3]LaBauex,Amarikwa,Akpan,Thompson,Nane,Edu,Serna,Marshall,Palguta,Ababio,Ceus[/LINEUP-4-3-3]

Joyce came in for Ceus at half.

13. SoccaJ

SoccaJ Member

Colorado Rapids
    Jun 25, 2007
    Firestone, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Edu really play on the wing with LeBaux up top?

14. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was the lineup the Houston twitter feed gave, I'm not sure how accurate it was (I also thought that combo was weird).

15. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    In addition to Joyce, Emory (62'), Yamada (80') and Armstrong (89') made it on as subs. Given that there's only 10 official reserve games, that stinks those guys got so little time.

Does it mean they'd really rather give Thompson time to get in shape, or does it mean they don't think much of Armstrong's prospects? (Since Yamada is newly-signed, I'd have liked to have seen him get more time.)

16. 22SteveD

22SteveD Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also in confused as well on line-up choices but understand teams can schedule additional games at will (usually against College teams)

Dillon Serna (Youth Academy) started and went 62 mins but is committed to Akron in fall.
    Davey Armstrong (Didn't make 18 against Crew) and got a min or 2 in reserve game. Have we given up on him already?
    Luis Eduardo Schmidt played 89 mins Never heard of guy, is he on trial? OOps its Edu's full name...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luís_Eduardo_Schmidt

17. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Expect more Herbalfe "fans" at the Dick for many years. Herbalife just re-upped their sponsorship of LA for 10 years at 44 million total.

18. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    I think we should chant

"Pyramid scheme! Pyramid scheme! Look who’s at the bottom of a pyramid scheme!"

For those "fans"

19. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in ... I'm still freaked out by last year's cult meeting, er, match with LA. I swear the "LA fans" next to the terraces were chanting "Herbalife, Herbalife" for the bulk of the second half.

20. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    Maybe OleGunnar will join the cult just get a true measure of the Beckham Bounce for the attendance threads.

21. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    So I have to say, after one game my new section, 108, kicks so much ass. For some reason I thought that Class VI was in 109 and I would enjoy being next to them, but instead we are behind them and it's ********ing great!

22. Cos_Mos

Cos_Mos Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Broomfield
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. After 4 years in 131 (West side) we moved over to 108. I felt very welcomed and the vibe was better than I had hoped. The blinding sun on the other hand was awful. Can I expect that it gets better later in the year?

1 person likes this.
  23. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. This was an odd kickoff time that left us blind for the first half. The later kickoff times have the sun dipping behind the West stands right after kickoff.

24. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just looking at our schedule. Earlier I was less than pleased that all of our away games against the East were against the distance NE teams. We get the closer Central teams like Chicago, KC, etc. here at home. I just noticed though that 4 of our 5 long road trips will be complete after the May 16th game in DC. After that all our travelling (barring a USOC game) is in the West except for the July 18th game at the scene of our greatest triumph.

So a lousy travel schedule early (4 of our first 7 road games on the Eastern seaboard with only 4 total home games in the same time period), but 2 months from now we get a much easier travel schedule.

25. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I noticed this earlier in the year when I was talking to a Friend of mine who supports the galaxy and is currently living in DC. She was bummed because the Galaxy only go as far as Columbus this year so she won't get to see them play. I was more perturbed that the league was setting the table for the Galaxy. I've been meaning to look at other teams and see if it is a similar story. Might the league already be preparing for 4 5-team divisions once they add the 20th team and one year we would play the eastern division home and the next year away?