2012 Sandon Mibut College Soccer Signings Thread

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by Hararea, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
  2. Queeg

Queeg Member

Jan 17, 2012
  3. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They only took one kid from the LA Galaxy program, Grady Howe, and he is a great defensive mid-fielder. Retaining the best kids from your local area is imperative to keeping a program's quality. Ask St Louis University what happens when you can't keep the local cream of the crop.

4. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Love stories like the kid from Minot, ND, who traveled to play for the "big" South Dakota club 5 1/2 hours away. Also love seeing the Titans grab another one of the (presumably) Arab-American kids from the Detroit area.

5. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Agreed on both counts.

Gotta figure there are a whole lot more Arab-American kids out there, too.

Can't really say the same thing for Minot, ND!:) Though, I could be wrong. I've spent some time in the Dakotas and even by their standards, Minot is the middle of effin' nowhere. (The Amtrak run from Chicago to Seattle stops there; I took that line to Glacier NP a few years ago, which is the ONLY reason I've heard of Minot.) Huge kudos to the kid for not letting geography get in the way of playing D-I soccer.

6. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
  7. Queeg

Queeg Member

Jan 17, 2012

17 new recruits? :eek: That must be some kind of record , surely?

8. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Sorry if its been posted but here are Northern Kentucky's new recruits (15) for their first season in D1. The list includes some good local talent and even a soccer reality show contestant. Gavin Colton from Ireland appeared on "Footballs Next Star".

http://nkunorse.com/news/2012/3/5/MSOC_0305124913.aspx

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  9. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Thanks for that. I had completely forgotten about Northern Kentucky going D-I. Is that for 2012? Are any other programs moving up to D-I for this season?

10. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
  11. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
  12. soccerisit

soccerisit Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
  13. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
  14. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
  15. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Holy Cross
    http://goholycross.com/sports/m-soccer/2011-12/releases/201206045su928

HC hired its new head coach, Marco Koolman, at the end of March. So, despite the late start, he's able to get his recruits announced, unlike, the new coaches at Michigan, Stanford, Charlotte, Seton Hall, Florida International, Seattle, Providence and George Washington.

16. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
  17. 24Seven

24Seven Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Despite not being hired till March, Kenny Arena is able to get his recruits to Florida International announced.

http://www.fiusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=49050&SPID=4758&ATCLID=205438543&DB_OEM_ID=11700

It's mostly transfers and kids from South Florida. I'm guessing in the coming years he'll be able to use his ties to SoCal and Nova to recruit there.

Also, with FIU announcing, Conference USA becomes the first conference to have all their schools announce. (The MPSF and Patriot have had all but there service academies announce.)