2012 Olympic Soccer Team Thread

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Daniel96, Jan 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    They play two different positions and they are totally different players...

2. 0-Point

0-Point Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Quantum flux
    In general logic dictates an overage player in defence, midfield and attack - the spine.

3. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    they both play attacking midfield.. and yes they are different players but so is oscar but i prefer both oscar and douglas costa as the playmakers than ganso who doesnt do much other than the good pass here and there.. ganso is too slow, doesnt defend and takes too much time with the ball to do anything

[]__[]

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    No.. Douglas Costa is a right attacking mid, while Ganso is more of a Central Mid or Central Attacking Mid.. you cannot compare the two the same. In Ganso's position the main attribute isn't speed but vision and passing.. on the wings where Costa plays the main attribute is speed.

I wouldn't let Costa play the central role like Oscar or Ganso does because thats not his role.. he isn't an architect like Sneijder. He's a player that will beat you with his legs on the banda and cross it or blast a shot like Robben.

5. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I agree, Douglas costa is more suited for a wide role not centrally like a Ganso or Oscar.
    How is he playing nowadays? Don't hear from him much

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Brazil squad announced

Goleiros: Rafael (Santos) e Neto (Fiorentina)

Defensores: Alex Sandro e Danilo (Porto-POR), Marcelo (24 anos, Real Madrid-ESP), Rafael (Manchester United-ING), Juan (Internazionale-ITA), Bruno Univi (São Paulo) e Thiago Silva (27 anos, Milan-ITA)

Meio-campistas: Sandro (Tottenham-ING), Rômulo (Vasco), Ganso (Santos), Oscar (Internacional)

Atacantes: Neymar (Santos), Lucas (São Paulo), Leandro Damião (Internacional), Alexandre Pato (Milan-ITA) e Hulk (25 anos, Porto-POR)

No defense... Terrible selection... Mano is a dumba$$

7. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    [quote="Catracho_Azul, post: 25994260, member: 127689

No defense... Terrible selection... Mano is a dumba$$[/quote]

At least we will see some shootouts. How does he get away with routinely calling players (All of the fullbacks, except Marcelo) that dont even play for their club team, like not even scrub time at the end of the game?

Acho que eles tão fodidos.

8. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Rafael Da Silva plays for his club team. He is the no. 1 starter.

9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mano is hopeless. I would like to win the Olympics, but I fear that may put 2014 in danger. Mano needs to go...

10. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    My bad, I really dont follow the EPL much. I've caught a few ManU games last season (the 2 against Benifca and the Man City ones) and I dont remember him at all. I assumed they were still grooming him.

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Honestly.. Its becoming more and more hard to be excited over players like Ganso and Lucas. Ones injury prone and has a lot of flaws in his game, while the other one disappears a lot.

imo, calling up Douglas Costa and somebody like Fernando over Ganso and Lucas would've been a better thing to do. but eh, its a win-win. Mano gets fired or Brazil win gold. I'll sleep knowing one or the other will happen.

12. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I am surprised clubs allowed the players in Europe to participate. I didn't expect to see Marcelo and Hulk there. The defense is shit outside of Thiago. Hopefully, he is able to play a full tournament.

13. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I completely agree about Ganso. I think this will be Lucas's judgement day in terms of his call-ups. If he performs he stays. If not, imo other proven players deserve their shot. I love Lucas's game and potential. With the exception of Kaka, he's my favorite non-Flamengo player. With that said, I dont believe he has earned a spot on the regular Selecao. It sshould be a special thing to be apart of, and I feel every player should earn it by consistently excelling at a high level for their club team. He will be a great player for the Selecao someday, I'm just not sure he is ready now.

14. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    For those in the UK the BBC is showing GB-Brazil (2oth July) live.

15. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    I thought Romulo had left Vasco btw?

16. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Yeah, somebody posted he went to Russia.

17. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    That was probably me!

18. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Looking on the bright side, this also tells us Hulk has a spot locked down and is here to build chemistry with the rest of the offensive attack. I've been big of Hulk, so I think this is a good thing in terms of WC prep. In terms of winning a gold medal, I would have went a over-23 defensive spot, as Brasil has more than enough young wingers capable of stepping in.

19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I still can't get over the fact that Uvini and Juan are still in the squad. I'm not mad over the fact he only used one overage slot at CB, but that fact that he thought those two marginal idiots are the best U-23 CBs Brazil has to offer. Rafael Toloi, Who just signed with Sao Paulo, and Manoel, would've been massive upgraded compared to these two, but eh. like I said.. win-win at the end of the day.

20. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I was hoping to see Coutinho and Wellington Nem on the team, but their positions are stacked, so its hard to argue about that. I guess the biggest gripe would be no Dede' or D Luiz. Above all else that back line needs to learn each other. This would have been a great opportunity to work with Silva.

Edit: Also why Pato? Whose dick is he sucking in order to contunually be called up, given the fact he hasn't played regularly in how long? And why isn't there another forward included in the 4 reserves for when Pato goes down with an injury during training?

21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I thought that both Chelsea and Valencia confirmed the inclusions of David Luiz and Diego Alves respectively on the Olympic squad?

22. RichCreamy48

RichCreamy48 Member

Jan 9, 2012
    San Diego
    David Luiz and Dede both have recent injuries, so that's probably why neither was included. I would much rather have seen David Luiz on the team instead of Hulk.

23. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    There is no standout #9 at the moment. The way I think Mano see it is Pato will always be there as long as he is fit. A fit and on form Pato is the best we have at the moment. The problem is he very inconsistent and at a moments notice goes down with injury.

24. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Mano has to give Lucas Moura playing time instead of using him as a super-sub. Also our biggest problem is that the team needs chemistry. The time for experimenting is over now. We need a solid starting 11. I am annoyed that Dede,Luis Gustavo and Wellington Nem were not included. However we have two years left and we need chemistry so we can take the cup in 2014. Mano needs to stick to a real starting line up and solid bench players. Hell even Romario doesn't like this team. It looks like we are going to play like Argentina.:eek: All offense no defense.