2012 Off Season Thread: The Cruyff Era

Discussion in 'Chivas' started by DGreat, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Official? Source?

2. Nightmare310

Nightmare310 Member+

Dec 6, 2007
    The Streets
    ugh so we're signing Venado 2.O and keeping the real Venado
    ..********en great

3. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    are you f--king kidding me?! Calderon sucks

4. El_LatinLover

El_LatinLover BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    SÍ HABRÁ REFUERZOS PARA CHIVAS

El la planeación de lo que viene en el aspecto deportivo para Chivas, admitió que sí habrá refuerzos, aunque no adelantó vísperas sobre las posibilidades que existen.

“Sí, pero lógicamente no queremos adelantar todos los conocimientos porque hay dinero metido y aparte de que los jugadores que no van a quedar los queremos ayudar a buscar equipo, a que se encuentren bien en cualquier otro sitio”, agregó el holandés, quien reconoció que ya se tiene delineada una lista de los jugadores que estarán transferibles, y quienes se quedarán en la institución.

Sobre el trabajo de pretemporada, informó que existen amplias posibilidades de que el equipo realice una parte en México y el resto será fuera del país.

5. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    ELL, you have to link when you quote.

6. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Quiere refuerzos Papa Cruyff...quiero refuerzos.

Oh and fack Venado. He´s been done for a year or two now. Why keep him? I bet it´s because no one else will take him.

7. DaTruth

DaTruth Member+

Jul 15, 2007
    IE, Cali
    Not sure if posted.

Seem like we changing to cesped natural. link

8. Lil Puppet

Lil Puppet Member+

Feb 11, 2007
    A Basket
    Club:
    FC Illychivets Mariupol
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    I'm not too worried.

After all... we have a Hulk.

Various Styles repped this.
  9. Agapito X Fa

Agapito X Fa Member+

Apr 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    rumors of Viniegra from Tigres getting a lot of attention and of course Pulido.

10. Agapito X Fa

Agapito X Fa Member+

Apr 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  11. El_LatinLover

El_LatinLover BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Ay ta.

12. El Jalisciense

El Jalisciense Member+

Feb 7, 2009
    Dalton, Georgia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Fack that. No Calderon please.

13. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Two things have been lingering in my mind. I don't know exactly how they would affect Chivas.

The first is AJAX doesn't really have players switching "bandas". If you play as LB for them, you are more likely to play LCM or LW than play RB. I don't know how closely the Ajax philosophy is followed by JvS but if he is Cryuff's guy than I don't expect him to vary too much from what they do in Ajax. Also, Chivas the organization is in a transition period where we are learning there system so I don't see us venturing to far from what they do for at least a few coaching cycles. If history is an indicator, our next few coaches will probably come from the Ajax school as well. Once we do, we will probably tweak the philosophy and make it our own.

The second is an excerpt from a book titled the coaching philosophies of Van Gaal and the Ajax coaches. "The most important characteristic of Ajax's game is that the team has so much possession. Possession is no guarantee of winning, but it has the great advantage that the opposition is forced to do a lot of running after the ball. By contrast, the Ajax players use much less energy, because they can allow the ball to circulate at speed and keep their shape (lots of triangles on the field).
    When Ajax is in possession, the players adopt a 3:4:3 formation."

And from the Youth development section.

"The Challenge that the Ajax youth development staff sets itself is to produce, every two seasons, three new youth players who can be integrated into the Ajax first team."

Their 343 scheme looks as follows
    [​IMG]

The man at the bottom of midfield diamond would be your Rafa Marquez/Guardolia esque player (#4), who would drop back into defense alongside the other Centerback(#3). The Goalkeeper function as the sweeper. And so on... The important part here is the 3 outside positions for each line should be held by players that can deploy in either of the 3.

The good thing is the transition to this Ajax style will not be too difficult since Mexican soccer is founded on lots of one-twos, possession and ball circulation. I'm really curious to see how the team lines up in its first friendly game so we get some answers to these player personnel questions.

14. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Reynoso woud be the sweeper, Alvarez and Magallon/De Luna as the other CBs. I´m guessing Pato or Chaton would be that guy that drops back to CB when needed.

15. Ronrris

Ronrris Member+

Feb 13, 2008
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Previous players of Van't Schip said he plays a 4-3-3 at all times.

16. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    Reba, on your 3-4-3 post, not a direct response, but here goes my train of thought from my morning commute:

Hans brought the 3-4-3 to Chivas at all levels, and the 4-3-3 that JC14 and Van't Schip use really isn't that different. As you mention, you drop the bottom point from the midfield diamond into central defense. It's essentially what Pep and Bielsa are constantly doing when they switch between 3 and 4 defenders, though other coaches do it too. Also, you might enjoy this quote (and more) from Cruyff about midfields
    http://netherlands.worldcupblog.org/world-cup-2010/cruyff-opens-oranje-tactics-debate.html
    along with another blog entry with a related example which can prove useful (see Van Gaal for 3-4-3 vs 4-3-3, and Pep for the mid with a holding, linkup, and attacking mid, for instance Pato-Baez-Fabian).
    http://www.theirtactics.com/pep-guardiola’s-tactics-1-of-2-drawing-from-his-mentors-johan-cruyjff-and-louis-van-gaal/

Hmmm, part two to follow as they are related, but different thoughts.

Rebaño_Sagrado repped this.
  17. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    Part two,

Anyway, your post and the posts yesterday about available players and positions got me thinking. First, what would our current lineup look like in a 4-3-3. Some positions are up for grabs, but you could make a case for a backline of Esparza, Reynoso, Maga, Ponce. A mid of Pato, Baez, Fabian (think of a lopsided triangle, with Pato to the left of and behind Baez, who is to the right of and behind Fabian, so Baez is linking the defense+Pato with the offense+Fabian), and Pina, Cubo, and Chapo as forwards. That leaves a bench of Alvarez*, De Luna, Enriquez*, Gallardo, Mejia, Medina*, Nava*, Fierro*, Hulk (+Mora, Casillas, etc.). The *names are the "bench players" with most minutes last season, so could arguably start, be replacements if certain players leave, or be used as exchange to bring in other players.

Once you have that lineup, think of a 3x3 box covering the field. It's important to have a star or quality player in each line (defense, mid, offense), but I'd add also in each column (L, M, R). And preferably I'd like 2 in the middle column, and while I'm asking for stuff 2 in the midfield as well. I'd argue that Pina, when healthy and consistent, provides the star for the left column (and offensive line), Fabian for mid-mid, but we are weak on the right side and defensive line, unless Magallon recovers his form (not to mention he is likely to leave).

I hadn't really thought about how imbalanced the team was, and how middle-of-the-road our right side was. If Michel stays, and it sounds like he might, we can make do with the defense, though I'd prefer an upgrade. They are nothing out of this world, but are solid. And the same could be said for our right column. Esparza, Baez, Chapo, Medina, etc. are nothing to write home about. If we lose nobody, I'd argue we need at least one middle column guy (a CB if we think Magallon is done, though I'd still prefer a striker), and one R-L column guy (preferably right, though we could arguably move the right footed Pina to the right if we get a quality left column guy).

Of course, this doesn't take into consideration players leaving.

Rebaño_Sagrado repped this.
  18. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We should only have one thread where we can put all the news regarding the team. Anyways...Chivas has put a list out of all the players who will be in the draft.

Édgar Mejía
    Antonio Salazar
    Liborio Sánchez
    Dionicio Escalante
    Jorge Mora
    Javier ‘Zully’ Ledesma
    Sergio Arias
    Sergio Rodríguez
    Sergio García Nario
    Gonzalo Pineda
    Sergio Amaury Ponce
    Édgar ‘Tepa’ Solís

http://www.chivascampeon.com/noticia/16083/

Agapito X Fa repped this.
  19. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think we should keep Liborio unless we get a good offer for him.

20. Agapito X Fa

Agapito X Fa Member+

Apr 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    queretaro here we come!!!

y la coladera victor hugo hernandez?

21. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So does this mean Venado is staying? :thumbsdown:

22. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    why the hell aren't Magallon & Venado on that list? i'd keep Liborio and sell Hugo Hernandez instead. then again, Liborio probably wants to keep being a starter so it's understandable. either way, i like that Rodriguez dude better. he's Liborio's backup on the Olympic team.

Agapito X Fa repped this.
  23. Ronrris

Ronrris Member+

Feb 13, 2008
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I'm wondering about Mora. If he's gone we are only left with Fabian, which would mean we are definitely going to bring in at least one attacking midfield player.

24. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I bet they're just trying to loan Mora out to get first team experience.

25. Ronrris

Ronrris Member+

Feb 13, 2008
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    True, but that leaves us with an incomplete squad.

I'm just crossing my fingers we don't end up bring in trash.