2012 NPSL General Discussion

Discussion in 'NPSL' started by ButlerBob, Jan 24, 2012.

1. president_nater

Jan 30, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I cycle through teams' websites every once in a while to see if anyone has any new info posted, and found some insights on the Western Region on the SD Flash site:

US Open Cup Qualifying
    Looks like the West has 1.5 qualifying spots...one of the NW and SW qualifying tourney champions will get an automatic bid, and the other will face a US Club Soccer team to qualify. (Says this will be based on points...not sure what points that would be...)

SW Conference Schedule 2012
    SW teams will be playing each other twice (home and away), and each NW team once. This is the same (I think) as they did last year. One game per weekend.

The Flash opens up at home, hosting Hasental on April 7th.

Flash home games will be at Mira Mesa High School this year.

2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Morris County Colonials have recently announced that trials have been scheduled for the squad's 2012 teams, which will play in the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL) and the US Club Soccer National Adult League North East Premier Division.

Now in season four of their career as the Northern New Jersey representative in the highest level of amateur soccer in the US, the Colonials are looking to make the playoffs in their new home of the NPSL's Keystone Conference and will look to emulate the formidable Colonials U20s squad of 2011, which recorded six wins and two draws - with no losses - in the US Club Soccer National Adult Leagues.

The younger team were under the guidance of Philippines national team starting midfielder Chris Greatwich, who will step in as the senior team coach in 2012 fresh from an appearance for the Philippine Azkals against an LA Galaxy team featuring David Beckham, Landon Donovan and Robbie Keane.

Games with the new-look Colonials team will run from May through the end of July, and will help players stay sharp before returning to collegiate soccer school; trials are open to players from college as well as high school seniors playing at the premier club level capable of playing collegiate soccer. The Colonials will run both a senior team and a U20 team, with some training and games integrated between the two rosters.

Tryouts will be on Saturday March 17th between 4:00pm and 6:00pm at Farleigh Dickinson University (Madison).

3. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MMHS! That's a little better for me. Glad to have a team, seeing as everybody seems silent on Boca, who I assume (hopefully incorrectly) have folded.

4. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it is a bit closer, hopefully the traffic isn't too bad near the 15

you want boca news?
    look at the home page
    http://bocasoccerschoolsd.com/
    yep, boca girls, nope that's not a joke

San Diego Boca FC vs Phoenix Monsoon - Saturday, March 17 for the US cup spot at boca

5. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahhh, Boca Soccer school. Didn't even know theyhad one. I think last time I saw a website for them, it was sdbocafc.com or something. Well then! Central SD represent!

6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    MARCH 6, 2012
    FC SONIC, with a record of 20 Wins – 2 Losses – 4 ties in its two year existence, is hosting open tryouts this Saturday, March 10. In addition to NPSL league matches, FC SONIC will once again compete in the nation’s oldest tournament, the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. Try-outs will be held from 9am to 12pm at Lehigh University’s Ulrich Soccer Stadium (Bethlehem, PA) – on the turf field – at the Goodman Athletic Complex. Players must be 16 years of age or older. Rain date will be Sunday March 11th from 5-8pm. For more information contact Head Coach Dave Weitzman at dgw004@aol.com or to download the registration form go to www.fcsonic.org.

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's up with closing all the club threads?

9. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Florida
    Club:
    Rangers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that I find that snarky comment very funny, but you'll find that the SSC is basically in Lake Mary, far west of I-4. I believe the incident and shooting took place east of I-4, in Sanford proper.

11. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    It's not just in the NPSL forum, a bunch of threads have been closed in other sections too.

12. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its the whole bigsoccer renovation thing going on, probably the whole forum will go down for a while so they can fix up stuff

13. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Florida
    Club:
    Rangers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyways, other than my inability to inject humor while attempting to be snarky, and clear lack of familiarity with Seminole County geography, are there any first-round match-ups featuring NPSL sides that people want to comment on or are looking forward to?

14. pensare33

pensare33 New Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I noticed that both Milwaukee Bavarians and Madison 56ers have games against Croatian Eagles SC (Milwaukee, WI) this season. Yet, I do not see Croatians listed on the NPSL Midwest Central Conference team list. Does anyone know are these NPSL games or something to fill out the schedules?

15. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sometimes the league website makes mistakes, or it can also be that some teams face other teams that are not in their league for example this season Boca who is in the western southern league will play North Coast Tsunami who is part of the western northern league but they will only play once
    I think every team in both the western leagues will do this once or twice
    this may apply to your team/league

16. Epikoinos

Epikoinos Soccer player-coach-manager-journalist

Arsenal, Real Salt Lake, Forward Madison
    United States
    Jan 6, 2004
    Oregon, WI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those are friendlies. I believe the Quad City Eagles are playing the Croatians, too. Most likely it will be the Croatians' Under-23 team.

17. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's actually not even in Lake Mary. It's in unincorporated Seminole County. I've seen everything north of Heathrow and west of I-4 referred to in maps as "West Sanford", so that's what I call it.

18. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know what happened to Tiburones United, thought they were going to be part of NPSL this year

19. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Yeah, FC Hasental has 2 home games and 2 away games against the West North

20. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BROOKLYN, N.Y. – The Brooklyn Italians opened their National Premier Soccer League season on the right foot with a 2-1 victory over FC New York at Poly Prep Stadium on Wednesday night.

Ben Graver and Jakeem Johnson scored for the Italians as coach Lucio Russo enjoyed a winning debut as coach.

The match began at an extremely fast pace. Both sides moved the ball well and lots of opportunities were created. the hosts broke through FC New York’s backline a few times early on but could not score.

The drama continued when Brooklyn's Guy Roland-Kpene was shown a red card. It wasn’t long, however, before Brooklyn broke through and goalkeeper Keegan Peterson committed a foul as the last man. Peterson was shown a red card and the Italians was awarded a penalty penalty kick. Graver converted for a one-goal lead.

FC New York responded with a goal from midfielder Zaheer Bell to equalize.

With both sides playing with 10 men, fatigue set in and mistakes were made. In the dying minutes of the game an opportunity arose when Jakeem Johnson hit the ball over the keeper for the game-winner.

The Italians will travel to Boston to face Mass United on Saturday at 5 p.m.

21. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's going on with the Midwest division schedule? I would have thought it would be out by now.

22. Epikoinos

Epikoinos Soccer player-coach-manager-journalist

Arsenal, Real Salt Lake, Forward Madison
    United States
    Jan 6, 2004
    Oregon, WI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+