2012 Notre Dame

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by gogogo, Feb 4, 2012.

1. norcalsoccerfan

norcalsoccerfan New Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Ditto!

2. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    As a long time ND fan, thanks for the videos.

3. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
  4. IrishBias

IrishBias New Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Sorry folks, I was not thinking about the scouting ramifications of this and that schools don't want exhibition games broadcast. I took these down, so everyone will have to buy tickets and go see the Irish nowin person:) .

I appreciate the thanks.

5. Tokonta

Tokonta Member

Dec 11, 2008
    It's always about MONEY when you talk about Notre Dame!:rolleyes:

6. ZoroTheSlacker

ZoroTheSlacker A Sophomore Dad

Feb 12, 2012
    As we look for a school for our 14 year old it will only be one that is about MONEY. By 2016 I expect a lot more things will be about MONEY. I think that's a good thing!

7. TheAusMan

TheAusMan Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Irish lose to Wisconsin on the road. Waldrum starts 7 freshmen (from his tweet). Where are the goals gonna come from?

8. ZoroTheSlacker

Feb 12, 2012
    Someone posted about starting freshman GK last year. Same this year. I think that position might need some time with the team. Last year it was "leaky" goal. This year the defense looks strong. Two Freshman, two sophomores, and a senior keeper, he has some choices. On the field they lost a few finishers so they have the sophomore and with 12 new freshman so starting them in the mid and forwards, his 7 starters is not so surprising.

9. Tokonta

Tokonta Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Well get ready to release your savings, 1099 and salary. ND wants to know all that and more....

10. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Ouch - Badger goal off a counter in the 84th minute. ND had 7 SOG to Wisconsin's 2, but Badgers got the one that went in. Use it as a learning experience - hope the frosh are quick learners!

11. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Again, why is Waldrum not starting senior Maddie Fox in goal? Second year in a row he starts a freshman in goal first game. Has he given up on the upperclassmen and is just looking to develop for the future?​
    But then looking at the 2012 roster, there are hardly any upperclassmen. All I see is Freshmen and Sophomores.​

12. ZoroTheSlacker

Feb 12, 2012
    I guess I'd ask, how are the freshman to learn? Is a loss at this time that important? UNC is having their tough starts too. I'm not so sure all these big name recruites are helping anybody. BYU over UCI, Portland over UNC, UCLA - stopped and not winning, WIS over ND.
    What I did see this weekend is its a wide open field.

13. RAMbunctious

RAMbunctious Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Did your wide open field factor in that ND is missing two of it's best players. Same as UNC and UCLA?

14. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I guess if I was a senior goalkeeper and I thought I put in my time and earned it, I would be pissed.
    Unless there is something we don't know like an injury.

15. Carolina92

Carolina92 Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Sounds like a different version of the whole Solo vs. Scurry debacle from the last world cup. Hindsight is always 20/20. If they had won the game this conversation wouldn't be happening. If the freshman was doing a better job in practice than the senior, why wouldn't the coach play her? I would hope for the players and fans decisions are based on merit, not just seniority.

16. ZoroTheSlacker

Feb 12, 2012
    Yes, the good stats show the teams we'd expect have them - without the U20 players.

Why do we have youth WNTs anyway?

17. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Funny, the rest of the world wonders why we have college teams....

ZoroTheSlacker repped this.
  18. ZoroTheSlacker

Feb 12, 2012
    Great point. You win. I'd get rid of all college sports if I were king. The kids would still play - it would just be club...

19. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Irish win at Tulsa 2-0. Liz Tucker had both goals and frosh Elyse Hight, who's from Oklahoma, got the shutout. Record crowd - over 1700 at Tulsa. Well done.

20. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Irish win at home, 5-0, over the ECU Pirates. Quite dominant with shots.

21. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'll be able to see Notre Dame play 2 weekends in a row. I'll be in South Bend this weekend and then Portland/Seattle next weekend.

This will be a big test for the Irish, facing Santa Clara, North Carolina, Portland and Univ. of Washington one after the other. We will see how the underclassmen that Randy has been playing stand up to the big girls in college soccer.

22. ZoroTheSlacker

Feb 12, 2012
    Notre Dame seems to have switched how it started the season from last year. Last year they played the big girls in soccer right out of the gate. This year, it looked like a warm-up. I don't know how the missing U20s play into this. I would prefer not to see that as an excuse in the post game write-ups.

23. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    There's GOT to be a huge hiccup somewhere. In the latest NCAA coaches poll Notre Dame is not in the top 25 nor shown as receiving any points.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer-women/d1

This is absurd. I sure hope that the NCAA makes a correction soon. They obviously got things really garbled in their 8/28 rankings!

24. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Are these rankings the same as the NSCAA coaches polls? They look suspiciously the similar.
    http://www.nscaa.com/rankings/1073/...oll2?preview=5ebeb6065f64f2346dbb00ab789cf001

ND isn't listed their, either. The NSCAA regional polls for the last two weeks show ND as losing one and winning two, yet their record for Aug 28 is listed as 1-1-0. They are fifth in the regional poll but are not listed as receiving points anywhere except in the preseason, where they are listed as ' also receiving votes'.

Also, I never knew Indiana was in the Northeast and not in the Great lakes area...

25. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    They sure do seem to be identical.

What leads me to think that there has GOT to be some huge error is that it boggles my imagination to think that voting coaches can vote for Mississippi, UNC-G etc, and NOT ONE of them even gives a single point to Notre Dame?????? There either is a huge conspiracy or some mighty troubling errors have occurred. My Lord, ND has had consistent top-10 recruiting classes including #2 this year (2012) and #5 the year before and not one coach thinks that they are top 25 material?