2012 Notre Dame

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by gogogo, Feb 4, 2012.

1. RUBlind

RUBlind Member

Nov 8, 2011
  2. ZoroTheSlacker

ZoroTheSlacker A Sophomore Dad

Feb 12, 2012
    Lotsa tweets today. Any Interpretations?

3. TheAusMan

TheAusMan Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Next weekend the Irish host Virginia and Baylor. VA is friday at 1:00 and Baylor is sunday at 1:00. I'm gonna try to get up there for at least one to see the new Irish.

4. on the floor

on the floor Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hey what happened to Adriana Leon-?
    Anyone know why shes off the roster ?

5. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    TDS has her having transferred to Florida. (cbg to date only picks up the Kecia Morway transfer.)

6. on the floor

on the floor Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So the extra recruiting additions start to make sense now with the exit of Morway and Leon.
    Whats going on?- National champs one year and then the exit two of starters the following?
    Seems that all isn't roses in the ND camp?

7. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    What? Morway? I just talked to her a couple of months ago at a Chicgao Red Stars game. She had a cast on due to injury though.

8. ZoroTheSlacker

Feb 12, 2012
    They went from rank 1 to 40. So you might be right.
    Players leaving means??? Many/Most schools have far fewer upper class persons than lower. I think that movement is normal.

9. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    This isn't the first notable transfers out of Notre Dame over the years. Just like any college, they have them. People fall out with coaching staff, don't like the school, want to go back home, not getting enough playing time, etc.

A favorite of mine at Notre Dame back in 2000-2001, Ali Lovelace who was a Santa Clara killer never returned for her Junior and senior year if I recall. I always wondered whatever happened to her.

10. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    There was something clearly missing with the ND team last year. And it showed.

11. on the floor

on the floor Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So how does it work ?
    is their scholarship pulled ?
    - does the coach make life so uncomfortable they have to leave?
    - does the player get cryptic messages to leave - and then they have an argument with coach and they are forced to move on ?
    Do they get a hint another program wants them - here phone this guy ?
    Looks like a game of poker from afar - and stakes are scholarships and playing time.

12. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's something that happens at some schools, but I think it's generally off-limits at ND (with the possible exception of where a walk-on is given extra money for a year and then the money goes to a regular scholarship athlete the following year, e.g. Nate Montana). It's certainly off-limits for football, and I have no reason to think that it's considered acceptable in other sports.

This kind of thing, I would expect. Maybe not so much (a), except in the sense that the coach would bury someone out of favor on the bench and give them a bit of silent treatment otherwise, but I would expect (b), (c), and even (d) a direct, "We don't think you have a future in the program, you may want to move on."

I don't have any actual experience with this... closest I come is my brother played D2 soccer for a couple of years.

13. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Midfielder Mandy Laddish and freshman Cari Roccaro named to the U-20 World Cup team! Congrats to you both, and hopefully ND can hold it together the 3 weeks of the season (including Santa Clara, UNC, Portland, gulp) you'll be gone!

ZoroTheSlacker repped this.
  14. ZoroTheSlacker

Feb 12, 2012
    Are you making excuses already? You didn't mention Virginia - this Friday. I guess it doesn't count.

15. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Just the facts, Senor Slacker, no excuses. And I am proud of the Irish going to the U-20 World Cup, as I'm sure Wahoo fans are of Ms. Brian. Anyhow, yes, Virginia on Friday, but it's the first exhibition and I'm too busy this week worrying about US (Boxx, Sauerbrunn) vs. Japan in the Olympics.

16. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Heading back home (Chicago) in a few weeks to see ND vs. North Carolina in South Bend. Then I will see ND vs. Portland in Portland in September. Can't wait to see this years's Irish. I'm hoping this will be a better one then the stuff we saw last year.

17. TheAusMan

TheAusMan Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I love the negative talk about the Irish!
    From what I heard, Leon was a nightmare, cancer, academic problem child. Word at camp was they dismissed her for multiple Rules violations from alcohol to skipping class. Morway transferred to Colorado college and I heard from many other coaches that Randy was helping her find a place.
    A program on a downward spiral, not even ranked in the pre-season top 25. Btw, they beat #7 Virginia 2-0 and based on the tweets, mostly freshmen and sophomores played AND Laddish and Roccaro already gone for the u-20 world cup.
    Anyone at the game to give details?

18. socalcoach10

socalcoach10 New Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  19. TheAusMan

TheAusMan Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Anyone at the Baylor game? Saw Maddie fox played 2nd half... Does this mean she is forth? She also gave up the goal from reading the press release. Did ND play a different lineup than the Friday game meaning did they use more reserves?

20. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I hope we don't see the same scenerio with goalkeepers as we saw last year. I was at the ND vs. UNC and ND vs. Duke games in Chapel Hill last year and was baffled why Waldrum would start a freshman goalkeeper against two powerhouses that early in the season. In the end he ended playing Fox most of the season.​
    What does Maddie Fox have to do to prove herself year after year?​

21. SCUFANTASTIC

SCUFANTASTIC Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Club:
    FC Gold Pride
    Generally, the player/parents are unhappy about playing time. Sometimes the college/soccer program/boyfriend/weather/etc. are the problem. They look elsewhere and leave on their own. They have all the phone numbers they need from their prior recruiting experience or friends on other teams.

Look at non-college-athlete kids you know in college. How many go right thru in 4 years? I see some stumbling going on, and that can apply to college-athlete kids as well.

22. IrishBias

IrishBias New Member

Aug 9, 2012
  23. U-45

U-45 New Member

Aug 22, 2011
  24. IrishBias

IrishBias New Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Thank you. Something I started at U12 to keep my mouth shut. Now 1TB of data later, it is a good way to relax.