2012 Notre Dame

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by gogogo, Feb 4, 2012.

1. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Irish are taking a bus from South Bend to Storrs for the Big East semis, probably the most reliable way to go after Hurricane Sandy (extra bonus - they got to stay in Youngstown OH last night!). Don't know how Marquette is getting there from Milwaukee - even further away.

2. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Big East Tournament moved - Irish are playing Marquette at noon eastern Friday in E. Hartford. From the ND website:

"HARTFORD, Conn. - Due to complications arising from Hurricane Sandy earlier this week, the BIG EAST Conference announced Thursday that the 2012 BIG EAST Conference Women's Soccer Championship semifinals and final will be played at Rentschler Field in East Hartford, Conn., relocating from their original site on the University of Connecticut campus. "

"In addition, the start times for both of Friday's tournament semifinals have been moved earlier in the day, with No. 25/20 Notre Dame now slated to face No. 15/10 Marquette in the first semifinal at noon (ET), followed by No. 13/18 Georgetown meeting South Florida in the second semifinal at 2:30 p.m. (ET). "

"Both BIG EAST semifinals, as well as Sunday's conference championship match (noon ET), will be televised live to a national cable audience by CBS Sports Network. In addition, the BIG EAST final will be shown live on the BIG EAST syndicated television package, which includes numerous regional networks around the country, led by SportsNet New York (SNY), and also on-line for free at bigeast.tv. "

3. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Ouch! Marquette beats ND 1-0 in a Big East semi. Lots of shots, from game tracker report.

4. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
    ND to host Wisconsin-Milwaukee in a first round NCAA match at 7PM eastern today (Fri 11/9). Live stream at UND.com. C'mon Irish - let's start this tournament strong!

5. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Irish prevail over the Panthers 3-1. ND goals Naughton, Bohaboy, Thomas. Milwaukee goal Steinhauser. Go Irish!

6. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Twining and Bohaboy take care of business for the Irish against the Gators - 2-0 in the NCAA round of 16. Match coming up with #1 seed Florida State in the NCAA quarterfinals - great progress for this overachieving Irish side.

7. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012

Irish United: The Story of Notre Dame Women's Soccer

8. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Congrats to FSU for a solid 1-0 win over the Irish in the NCAA quarterfinals. And many thanks to the ND side for an exciting and promising year!

9. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Cari Roccaro was named an NSCAA Third-Team All-American - first ND frosh since Kerri Hanks to be counted in the All-America ranks. And tri-captain Elizabeth Tucker was named an Academic All-American - holding down a 4.00 GPA as a junior accounting major. Congrats ladies, and good luck with finals!

10. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Congrats to Cari Roccaro, who was selected as the 2012 Soccer America Freshman of the Year. A tower of strength all over the pitch.

11. TheAusMan

TheAusMan Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Just saw Randy Waldrum run a great session at the NSCAA convention in Indy. Love watching him work.

12. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Defender Katie Naughton and forward/midfielder/defender Cari Roccaro, both frosh in the 2012 season, have been invited to the first U.S. U-20 national team camp of 2013.

13. IrishBias

IrishBias New Member

Aug 9, 2012
    I got some spring schedule information, but I have no idea if it can be shared.
    Looks a lot like prior years with a few fun ones.
    Any idea when we get the official list?

14. 8MaCookies

8MaCookies Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Are they going to do the diary of a season like they did last year for Comcast Sports Net?

15. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    GeauxIrish repped this.
  17. GeauxIrish

GeauxIrish Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Clive, do you really think Waldrum and Ucla were interested in one another?

18. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    A couple of years ago they played the Chicago Red Stars in a spring exhibition. Can you say if they may do that again this year?

19. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    No, but I think it would be pretty good leverage for Randy.

20. TheAusMan

TheAusMan Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Seriously? You're telling me that this contract was only done because UCLA had an opening? What about the interviews at Texas, TCU, and US Soccer? Why not then? I think you guys are fishing just to be negative toward Randy.

21. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Seriously? You don't think UCLA is a better opportunity for Randy that the jobs you mentioned?

The interviews with Texas, Tcu, and Ussoccer are exactly why I think the UCLA job would worry the ND AD the most. It's the only position mentioned so far that's come even close to being a situation that might worry him.

22. TheAusMan

TheAusMan Member

Nov 3, 2011
    He is not moving farther away from Texas. I don't think UCLA could pay him enough. Facilities at UCLA are not very good from what I've heard. Yes you get the california kids you want but I really don't think it's what Randy would go for.

23. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

I think you might be surprised what UCLA might be willing to pay. And ask yourself what the facilities were like at Notre Dame 14 years ago. If UCLA wants to do better that might not be much of an issue either. And the signed recruits would give any good coach a pretty good head start. LA is pretty attractive to a lot of kids that don't want to go to a place in the middle of farm country.

And I'll note that I haven't said he would go there in any of my posts. But it is the position that offered him by far the best leverage.