PBP: 2012 NHL Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey' started by DynamoEAR, Apr 8, 2012.

1. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But Asham also throws that sucker punch after Schenn went down. Intent to injure every step of the way. I'm assuming the logic, like you said, is that Schenn didn't seriously injured so we shouldn't expect too much, but that is a dangerous play.

Wait a minute! But he wanted to throw down! Puh-leez. This is why so much hate is thrown at Sid. Smack someone's glove away. Knock over his sand castle while you're at it.

2. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How did Ovechkin not get anything for cross checking Seidenberg in the face?

3. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 very close games tonight, and St. Louis takes command of their series vs SJ. Really impressed with the effort from both Washing and Ottawa though -- they so easily could have won.

5. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get out the brooms it's sweeping time!

[​IMG]

6. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can think of 29 different fan bases who would be thrilled with that.

7. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crosby's post-game comments explaining why he pushed away Voracek's glove (because he doesn't like any of the guys on the Flyers) were childish. Especially when you hear the tone in his voice...it's too bad a personality like his is the face of a great league like the NHL.

8. adammac19

adammac19 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Washington I thought missed chance last night to go up in the series, Boston really do look asleep and playing poor but some how manage to be up 2-1 in the series.

9. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    These playoffs have been ugly to watch.

The Sens/Rangers game last night turned into a scrum after every whistle in the crease, all the flow is lost and it becomes a series of morons intimidating each other at every whistle. I'm singling this out as a example of crappy hockey, but I'm pretty sure every series has elements of this based on a limited sampling.

Anyway - I usually eat up the first round as it's usually the most exciting to watch - not this year, and I'm voting with my remote and saving a few bucks on my electricity bill.

10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Flyers-Penguins game should be a good one as a trainwreck if nothing else.

11. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    James Neal given one game

Aaron Asham given four games (ie rest of the series)

Raffi Torres sends Marian Hossa to the hospital with a hit that was .83 seconds late, slightly less than the .87 that Aaron Rome hit Nathan Horton with. Raffi Torres also tried to go into orbit when he hit Hossa, that or clear a high jump. Nathan Horton's career has never been, and might never be the same again. I guess I am just happy Hossa got his final contract.

I think a hockey game might have been played tonight.

12. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Devils played about 1/6 of one.

13. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I had my own hockey game to play, so I missed that. Looks like a trend in that series to quit playing after going up 3-0 in the first period.

On a side note, do you know how much it hurts to get hit in the face with a shot? And this was from a beer league guy, probably going 30-40mph at most. Seriously, if I were an NHLer and got hit with one of those guys shot, I'd just retire.

14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Detroit is most likely done.

15. adammac19

adammac19 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I don't see how this is different from any other playoffs, thought been as good any other year. A lot of teams following the Bruins model I guess. The only thing I notice is the scoring seems to be a little lower but games for the most part been close and seeing a lot of solid goaltending performances.

1 person likes this.
  16. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Asham would have been okay apparently if he had dropped the gloves and began pummeling him in the face. Instead, a cross check to the chest is more egregious than sucker punching a guy in the face?

17. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Bruins have got zero production from their top offensive players, but they are built to not need it, when their 3rd and 4th lines can go out and completely out play their counterparts.

Washing was aided by a bunch of calls as well so far. Two Bruins have been cross checked in the face with no calls being made let alone suspensions(not counting the third one from Backstrom) and Lucic gets jumped by 2 Caps and is the only one called for a penalty

When Hunter made his ridiculous comments about Bruins players going after 19's head, and how Backstrom was just defending himself, that was he biggest load of BS I've heard yet.

[​IMG]

end rant

18. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last year in the playoffs there were 7 suspensions.

This year? 7

19. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Yep, I got hit with my teammate's shot in November. The swelling is just about gone now - 5 months later - glancing blow on my cheekbone maybe going 50-60. Didn't break anything and there was no bleeding, but I had a grapefruit sized lump and a massive chunk of scar tissue, I still get the feeling like the freezing is wearing off in that area.

Played the rest of the game and scored the tying goal to force overtime too, and I now wear a cage.

20. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wear a cage simply because I am so good looking. (Seriously though I'm going to feature a guess that I'd have broken my nose at least three times and lost most of my front teeth if I played without a cage. This is the first time I've ever been hit square in the jaw area with a clean shot. The rest were usually sticks. My goodness my head hurts.

21. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    What a poor goal Chicago allowed.

22. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Square hit means direct absorption of all the shot's energy, which based on high school physics likely mean you took the brunt of it via your forehead and chin.

Hope no whiplash or concussion, take care tonight.

23. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reminds me of something, oh yeah......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdVn42-vOt8"]Patrick Kane's 2010 Stanley Cup Winning Goal - YouTube[/ame]

Throw it on net, you might score, unless you are me.

24. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah never saw it coming, I was dealing with some guy and was bending over and then whap in face.

25. Black.White&Red

Sep 9, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    You're kidding right?