2012 New York Metropolitans

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Matt in the Hat, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scully is as much of a traitor to New York as Walter O'Malley. Screw him.

And the sour grapes in this article are amazing. Plaschke is all butt hurt that Piazza is the Martin Brodeur of Flushing Bay instead of the "Kobe Bryant of Chavez Ravine".

2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did Brodeur use PEDs too??? ;-)

3. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I guess that means that he'll have a Mets cap on when he gets into the HOF? Whew, what a relief. :rolleyes:

And after all the free agents are gone, Fred Coupon says "all my money problems are solved! let's go get us some free agents, Sandy." (crickets)

4. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mark Cuban can't buy this shitstorm quick enough

5. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I was pulling for that Vitamin Water guy. He's a St. John's grad IIRC in one story I read one of the first things he said was "I hate the Yankees." Now that's an owner I want at the helm. Not some 2-bit failed R.E. scammers.

(googled)

A Yankee-hating multi-millionaire from Queens who owns a horse favored to win the Kentucky Derby wants a piece of the New York Mets.

Financial advisers for Mike Repole contacted representatives for Mets owners Fred and Jeff Wilpon after the father-son duo said they wanted an investor to buy a minority stake in the team.

"I never thought there would be this potential opportunity," said Repole, owner of Uncle Mo, the champion 2-year-old of 2010 and the winner of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile.

"I hate the Yankees," Repole, 42, told the Daily News. "I bleed blue and orange. That's why my silks are those colors. To see their resurgence would mean so much to me."

The St. John's graduate with a degree in sports management struck gold when he and his partners sold his Vitaminwater brand to Coca-Cola for $4.1 billion in 2007. He also is a major investor in Pirate's Booty, a natural snack company, and Energy Kitchen, a chain of healthy fast-food restaurants.

"I've got three dreams in life: One is to win the Kentucky Derby and the Triple Crown, and I'm fortunate enough to own Uncle Mo."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/mike-repole-st-john-graduate-creator-vitaminwater-interested-owning-piece-mets-article-1.154503#ixzz2Ld00E6ls

6. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. el Rafaa

el Rafaa Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Somewhere in MA
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    it was awesome watching these guys play

[​IMG]

8. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They had like 4 errors total one season. Never seen anything like it.

9. el Rafaa

el Rafaa Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Somewhere in MA
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  10. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mets beat the Nationals for the last time this year. I am a fan, however, of the two new kids opening the Grapefruit league season. Well done, Terry.

11. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Sorry to bring down the warm fuzzy spring training feelings. But the Mets have an Amway storefront now. Ugh.

Last night, Capital New York writer and notorious Mets gadfly Howard Megdal came up with quite the scoop, one he appears to have garnered simply by being the only reporter who has looked at Citi Field since Saturday: Amway, of all freaking places, has moved into a storefront at Citi Field, just "a few feet away from a Mets ticket booth." (Here's what the storefront looks like.) This is one of the most baffling Mets stories since we've started writing about the team. The Mets aren't talking, so we thought maybe you'd walk through it with us, so we can try to understand what in the hell is going on. -

See more at: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...s-amway-is-baffling.html#sthash.pKzMyFc0.dpuf

12. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team: