2012 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by cpthomas, Oct 8, 2012.

1. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    My kind of gal. And she wears #9.
    Her twitter bio reads ....
    “Just off the binky, time to get kinky".

Her parents should be proud.

Her comments on twitter earlier today:

"I wonder if we'll get into the visitors locker room at Penn state…I hear the showers are weiners only, 10 and under"

"Raping at penn state to getting raped in state penn…"

"Sandusky used to cart the kids around in this" (image deleted)

@
    patricevettori

#sandusky

‘s house tonight! @
    kristiemewi

s@
    kcmosun

twitter.com/stephyymac/sta…

"Sandusky went after the munchkins because his wife wouldn't give him the psy." (comment was later deleted).

Then her Twitter account was deleted.

Hmmmm?

Surprised she doesn't have a tongue ring.
    We know she's not lacking in experience on or off the field ....

[​IMG]

*LINK*
    http://onwardstate.com/2012/11/15/b...phanie-mccaffrey-makes-rape-jokes-on-twitter/

2. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Wait, BC is a Catholic school.

This is a religious thread.
    Mormons, Catholics, you name it. Although Catholicism is a real prestigious worldwide religion, but the Mormons are making progress.

I wonder what her Catholic view is on the potential BYU situation in the College Cup, lol.

3. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

No, you are showing your ignorance again. It seems boundless.

The operative tome in this case is the NCAA bylaws as expressed in the Division 1 manual.
    I bring your attention particularly to the NCAA guiding principle on tolerance which all school agree to when they join, and to article 31.

And

So thanks for making me look it up. It seems that BYU has done the NCAA a favor by allowing the Saturday competition instead of a Monday or later date. They could have insisted that the competition take place Monday or later and the NCAA would have no choice but to comply. Not only that, but the NCAA needs to thank each individual competitor, since a strict reading of the statute indicates any individual competitor could have forced the rescheduling.

An even stricter reading of the statute indicates that the date has to be moved back regardless.

Ismitje repped this.
  4. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    BYU is playing their 2nd round soccer match (against Auburn) on National TV right now.

*Making popcorn*

5. UNC4EVER

UNC4EVER Member

Sep 27, 2007
    I am not aware that UNC has ever needed/been able to travel on the road to the final four. My recollection is that our prior College Cup hopes have lived or died on the field at Fetzer. Its possible we may have played at a neutral site sometime in the past, but I don't recall it, and if true it would have been decades ago.

This year and last are currently tied as the two weakest years in the history of the program for win/loss. In prior years we have been more highly seeded and hosted. Who knows? If BYU gets knocked out, perhaps UNC could entertain Princeton at Fetzer? ;) I know I'd like that!

Cliveworshipper repped this.
  6. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    Gutsy Refereeing.

BYU, playing at home against Auburn, wins their second round game 1-0 with a penalty kick in the 89th minute.

7. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Congrats to BYU.
    Believe it or not, I was rooting for them at the end.
    Maybe I do want to see chaos in the College Cup, lol.

Also, they mentioned that BYU's next match (at home against Marquette) will also be televised live this Saturday evening. That's a good sign. I want to see UNC play at BYU in the Quarterfinal, live on television as well. That would be a very compelling Quarterfinal. So you guessed it ... I will be rooting for BYU to beat Marquette. :cool:

These Mormon girls are tough and they can play.
    There's a very realistic chance they will make the College Cup.
    If UNC plays at BYU, it's a 50-50 game (Summer Green and Kealia Ohai, vs. Carlee Payne and Jessica Ringwood). What a great Quarterfinal that would be.

It felt weird watching an NCAA tournament game on TV (for a non college cup match).
    That's a very rare thing, so hopefully others took the opportunity to watch the match tonight.

8. Newfor2010

Newfor2010 Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Club:
    Asker FK
    The BC player has been suspended - already on espn.com.

Saw the BYU - Auburn game. With 44 seconds left in a 0-0 game the Aub defender fouls in the box - feel bad for that kid as she gave the game away. It was clearly heading to OT and possibly PKs and that's a toss up.

9. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    I'm glad they suspended that stupid ditz.
    She should have to visit the prison now and apologize in person to Mr. Sandusky for her rude comments about him. Ok, I was kidding about that part.

And what a dumb foul on that Auburn defender.
    What the flock was she thinking?
    She cost the whole tournament for her team.
    Carlee Payne is too good of a clutch player to miss a penalty kick to win it.

10. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Actually, looks like they only suspended her for one game.
    The Athletic Director is a wuss.
    Here was his comment ....

(UPDATE 9:13 p.m. — McCaffrey has been suspended from the game tomorrow. Boston College Athletic Director Bob Bates released this statement: “The student-athlete used very poor judgment and exhibited insensitivity towards Penn State for which she apologizes. This type of behavior is not tolerated among our student-athletes.”)

11. Newfor2010

Newfor2010 Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Club:
    Asker FK
    One game is the equivalent to the rest of the season as their season is more than likely over tomorrow against PSU.

12. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I missed that bit of drama! What sor of comment, exactly?

13. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    True, and she also hurt her team more than many people think.
    She was 2nd team All-ACC (which is good enough to be first team all conference in pretty much every other conference).

The girl can play. And she can apparently get kinky (as she says).
    But it's time for her to lose the kinky, and shove the binky in her mouth, because she can't speak with class or dignity.

14. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not a good situation for BC at all.

Rumor is last year the coach there had an affair with the assistant coach of the men's team, who is now the head men's coach at Holy Cross. And she was pretty open about it. If you can't have morals as a coach you can expect less than ethical behavior from your players.

Wonder if Morgan Andrews knew all this. If she did it would perfect sense as to why she decommitted.

15. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Yep. All good points.
    Might have to root for a B.C. vs. BYU final.
    The amount of publicity it would get would be good for the sport. :rolleyes:

16. midwest midfielder

midwest midfielder New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    What a shame about BC......There have been rumors for several years about drug and alcohol abuse on the team. Don't know if they are true. To take a tragedy and joke about it is horrible. Do these kids not think about what they do? She may have bigger problems when she returns to Boston.....Go Penn State!:rolleyes:

17. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
    I missed seeing the game, rats. Just for the record, Marquette won 3-1 against Princeton after the Tigers had jumped to an 0-1 lead - first time the Golden Eagles had been behind since September 9.

18. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Hold it, are you drawing some sort of straight line from obnoxious tweets to coaches having relationships with fellow employees (the horror?!), to systemic rot in the BC soccer program? Can you PM WPS Movement and leave the rest of us out of it?

College soccer players drinking and swearing (women no less!)? Oh, the humanity!

19. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did I hear someone say something about "Hue-Manatee?

[​IMG]

dmthomas49 and Morris20 repped this.
  20. raiderD15

raiderD15 Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Duke up 2-0 on Miami of Ohio 11 minutes in. Both goals from Decesare

21. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
  22. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Duke up 4-0.
    Wake Forest up 1-0 over Notre Dame.

The ACC, they are a real BITCH to play against in this tournament.

23. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Michigan up 1-0 on the Pilots. Still very early.

24. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Texas A&M is smokin' Oakland.
    They're sending Oakland straight to the showers (oh wait, we probably shouldn't mention that phrase anymore).

The Aggies are still seeking their first college cup.