2012 MLS Attendance Thread

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    revs attendance sucks

ktsd repped this.
  2. ktsd

ktsd Member

Jul 20, 1999
    Bethel, CT, USA
    Nice bump!

It bears discussion. What will bring in the excitement (and the Funk and the Noise) for 2013? What do you feel is _needed_ to get people interested in this team? I know it's been discussed ad nausem at times, but what else is there to do?

For me to have my interest re-kindled in this team, it's the players. I want to see players that I can rely on and spectate upon with many an "ooo" and "ahh". Raslton, Dempsey, Twellman did it for me in the pasts. Shalrie used to as well (sigh). I'm looking forward to seeing how Rowe develops, to be quite honest. Sene & Bengston don't feel like they are 'ours' yet, but players like Rowe do.

KnowwhatI'msayin'?

Fagundez!

See?

Kevin D.

RevsLiverpool and RevsFanDan repped this.
  3. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Put any sour product on the field of any event, anywhere in the world and you're not going to get too excited.

It's important that teams create their own excitement by the hype of a great signing. When you're a huge team like PSG, City, etc..you sign 4-5 of said players. But, lesser clubs are lucky to get that 1 and possibly a couple of lesser players.

In MLS and specifically New England that's how you garner respect from Soccer fans who are used to watching EPL, Serie A, La Liga week in, week out. You make a concerted effort to get that 1 DP with a name. Granted, we don't want some retiree or someone who doesn't want to be here, and is here ONLY for the $$.
    But, once natural grass was nixed at Gillette, that precluded many a player who is anxious about playing his aging knees on a carpet. No bashing the owner in this post, but many many factors led to Revs decline and irrelevance in Boston area. But, if you aren't concerned by what the Soccer fan base is looking for in a PRO Div 1 team..then you get left with what we have.
    No more than a truly 3rd or 4th class side that honestly does not deserve the Div 1 status. And a SSS isn't going to do it alone.

RevsLiverpool and Kraft Out repped this.
  4. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    This team is mickey mouse in almost every way, and that is why their attendance sucks. They need wholesale changes to the way they function. Otherwise, it will be a waste of time and money to focus on one attempted panacea.

I know we have another thread discussion ways to improve the fort and improve game day experience on the whole, but I don't want to be too negative towards a new Revs employee that actually seems like he actually gives a shit (shocking , I know!). But honestly, this team is never going to be anything other than 3rd or 4th class until it moves, improves the squad on the pitch, spends money on marketable players and improves the way it connects with fans overall. Without all of those things changing, this team will continue to wallow in the Foxboro cesspool.

RevsFanDan repped this.
  5. Khkevin

Khkevin Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can say that again. How many years will the Revs finally catch up to the rest of the league? 3-6 more years?...We are at least a decade behind every team by that point.

Kraft Out repped this.
  6. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're even behind a few of the current MLS and USL squads!

Kraft Out repped this.