2012 Jerseys

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by MPNumber9, Dec 7, 2011.

1. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I the only one wondering why HERBALIFE is on the jersey!? I mean they never announced that their sponsorship was extended yet there it is. You would think that there would be an announcement on the new jersey sponsorship contract or something of that order...

Are we sure the jersey sponsorship ended this season? Perhaps it was midseason...

2. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    The Herbalife contract was for the full 2007 and was slapped on the previous kit before the rebrand.

[​IMG]

3. Eyenigma

Eyenigma Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Herbalife renewed according to FO of Galaxy. They're staying for a while.

4. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    rocknjosie Josie Becker by LAGConfidential

Despite what you saw on the new kit, Herbalife has not officially re-signed as shirt sponsor

19 Jan

Perhaps there are some formalities left before they do an official press release, although it is odd they they would release the jerseys early. I guess they really had to have them in time for Sunday when they did the season ticket holder seat selection event.

5. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yay, so im not losing my mind. Sux ass tho, get a new sponsor LA! fudge!

6. JBZTV

JBZTV Member+

May 10, 2009
    Interesting. Guess I'll just wait until the first game or 2 and get one at the Team LA shop and see what shakes out.

7. tehphil

tehphil Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Colorado
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow every site is sold out of the short-sleeve authentic preorders (I'm assuming they all use the same warehouse or distributor) with an estimated ship date of MAY.

I really dropped the ball by not preordering my jersey earlier! Or maybe I should just get a long sleeve...

8. JBZTV

JBZTV Member+

May 10, 2009
    With our weather, every time I wore my short sleeve last year, I either had to put a sweater over it, or long sleeves under it. So I'm going long sleeve this year. But I've only ever lived in Florida or LA, so...

9. Pegasus503

Pegasus503 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 7, 2008
    San Diego
    usually wear short sleeve for evening games...

but wear a long sleeve for afternoon games, ever since I went home with a lobster pink left arm sun burnt...

10. BtownKj

BtownKj Member

Italy
    Jul 15, 2006
    South Korea
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  11. Eyenigma

Eyenigma Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we are wearing black shorts I want to see black socks with white shoes alla Manchster United a few years ago. But it will likely be white socks and black shoes which is still cool alla German National Team.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t6P-BVLqbk"]Behind-the-Scenes: LA Galaxy Head Shot Photoshoot - YouTube[/ame]

13. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    why aren't we using dark blue shorts and white socks, so much cleaner.

i can't tell, are the adidas stripes black this year? If so then it works, white socks would be nice.

14. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The stripes and other details actually look black, which is sorta interesting.

I don't think the short in the video will ultimately be part of the kits. They look like the blue/gold training shorts.

15. tehphil

tehphil Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Colorado
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm actually glad there are some supply issues on the jerseys, otherwise I would've ended up with a Keane 14 jersey :D

16. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They might very well be dark blue for the shorts. They just look black in the video. :)
    If you believe wikipedia however, the shorts are going to be white like before. And though I like that look, I think the dark blue or black ones would actually look much cooler with the jersey.

17. JBZTV

JBZTV Member+

May 10, 2009
    I'm sure those were just the practice shorts, right? That's what they looked like. Probably did the headshots before training.

18. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think we're moving from the all-white (which is fine with me, actually). Vancouver has done the white top/blue shorts thing.

19. whiteisthecolour

whiteisthecolour Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I believe we only did it once: when we were in Portland. I think we only did it because Portland was wearing white shorts.

And I loved it. (I'm not a monochrome fan.)

20. Spry

Spry Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Personally I've always hated the sash. That is until now! Never has a better jersey with sash been made in all of professional soccer. I'm not one to sport around jersey's but one of these just might do.

21. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's exactly what i was thinking.

I personally love the pure white but I think with a sash it might not work anymore. i could be wrong though, wish i could see the full kit now!

22. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would make sense, given there are now two (mostly) all-white teams in the league. And everyone knows...

...there can be only one.

23. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know I missed this while I was out having a life, raising a family and running a business but when did we re-sign with Herbalife? Details to be found where?

24. juniorLA

juniorLA Member

Mar 4, 2008
    El Lay
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the word is that we haven't officially re-signed with Herbalife, but our existing deal has not yet officially expired.

25. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea but we should be the pure white. Vancouver should switch to blue shorts, it would fit them more I believe.