2012 Fire Roster Speculation

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by ceezmad, Jan 8, 2012.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I believe the team let Evans Frimpong(from the supp.draft) go yesterday or today.

I attended a majority of the teams training sessions and both matches while in Florida. My general impression- the 1st eleven for the most part is MLS quality and can do damage this season(Grazzini was a little off in the DCU match but as he gets sharper, he will set up some solid goalscoring opportunities for the strikers). Anibaba is coming along well and Jumper will stake his claim for LB.

With regards to the 2nd and 3rd units that were put in to play the final 60 mins in both matches- No one impressed me or stood out (in the attacking third of the field) other than Mkosana and Frimpong. Mkosana looks promising and Frimpong was a great surprise. Technically better than every Fire attacker on the 2nd and 3rd unit and needed to assert himself a bit more imo. I'm surprised they didn't hold on to him and give him some run in reserve matches this season.

Other than that, all the best to the team this season.

1 person likes this.
  2. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...means absolutely nothing.

3. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +2.

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    OOookay. I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean much but that's why it's my impression and opinion on what I saw.
    That being said, did you read what I wrote????:confused:

I mentioned how the 1st eleven is quality for an MLS side, meaning I think they'll be up there with the other top teams in the league, LA, Houston, SKC.
    I'm extremely high on your team this season and I mention that. Klopas has built a solid outfit imo and I'm giving props to your team yet you go with a snide comment?

Forgive me for I fail to comprehend the purpose of your comment.

1 person likes this.
  5. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    You don't have "Chicago Fire" listed as you club, no matter how helpful or nice your commentary maybe (and I appreciate the write up) it will all just finish up with someone telling you to go die in a Fire and you not understanding why you're getting unprovoked abuse.

On another note, did anyone see DC's DP signing today? Just might be the pickup of the year. We might be headed to the good ole days of when the Fire would beat DC in the playoffs, instead of keeping them out.

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ah! Now I get it.
    Thanks anyway man. Appreciate the answer.:)

Seriously, good luck to the Fire this season. Hopefully great things.

7. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OOOOOOOOOkay...here's what I read...

You start out with how we let Frimpong go...and end with, how he was the best player on the 2nd and or 3rd unit...

Now I will highlight your general impressions that either give no specifics, (which is everything you wrote and makes me believe you attended nothing) or, gives a negative vibe...

Actually, you could take this on tour around the league and just change the names if you want...

The next bit of general non-specific info is just trash talk...

So, yes, you're a Dynamo supporter talking about a forward we shouldn't have let go, (like when Houston let Oduro go) without any specifics about the 'majority of practices you attended'...all while explaining how we lack any depth.

I guess that's why I said what I said...

and hey, maybe Ching will find his way back from Canada.

8. Tweed Thornton

May 3, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago
    From Steven Goff:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...s-depth-chart/2012/02/04/gIQAZ0FnpQ_blog.html

He put Dykstra ahead of Lambo on the team's depth chart.

On our goalkeeper front, the team cut Carl Woszczynski. Justin Chavez and Evans Frimpong were cut too.

Alec Kann looks to be the favorite to win the 3rd goalkeeper job. They might invite someone new for CA though.

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

First of all, TAKE A F#CKING CHILL PILL man. Damn.
    It's my first time ever posting on the Fire forum despite being a BS member for about a decade and I'm sorry that I failed to provide you with a sh#tload more specifics in the 5 mins I had to get online on BS and write a quick note about my time in Naples watching the Fire. I barely have time to post on the Dynamo or Man.United pages. I take 5 mins to write a quick note about watching your team and you get all huffy? Okay.
    If you want general specifics then here's an idea, why don't you ask for them?

You mention "The next bit of general non-specific info is just trash talk."? Are you mental?
    Nowhere did I talk bad about the team. I actually like your coach, your FO and just about every player on your first team. I like their ability on the pitch and their character off the pitch. Everyone I met and talked to in Naples was first class with me and with fans and others I saw them interact with.

Where did I say the Fire lack any depth? Good lawd. I just mentioned that the Frimpong fellow impressed me with his ability a bit more than the others on the 2nd and 3rd units that I saw and he'd be a solid prospect to hold onto and keep tabs on for the next year or two. BUT that didn't happen and that's the way professional sports are. Teams keep it moving and players do the same. It was just an opinion.

Finally, nice subtle dig with the Ching comment but that would pack more punch if I gave a crap. I believe in what Dom.Kinnear and the Dynamo are doing going forward but I have no sympathy for them in losing Ching. That's
    the way the game goes.

In short, don't get pissy because I gave some general thoughts on what I saw the past couple of weeks at Ave. If you want bloody specifics ask and I'll take the time to type them out. (Though I don't take myself that seriously that I would recommend leaning on my observations over that of a Fire insider like Crandall or one of the other media folk that cover the team).
    Cheers

Thanks to milicz, and the others on here that took the time to explain some of the fans attitudes to me. Much appreciated seriously.

Best of luck this season

10. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago

Khan is going to be our third keeper? I hope he has the education to qualify for it. ;):D

11. cweimers

cweimers Member+

Mar 5, 2010
    DC
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are "general specifics"?

Sounds like a character from Catch 22.

12. marniman

marniman Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Even Fire fans don't bother posting here. It's all BS. I appreciated the updates.
    Thanks for sharing.

13. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What were the updates?

...and, what parts did you like best?

14. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read this...

Here ya go...

15. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GK.- 1. Jonhson, 2. Nolly 26.

RB.- 3. Gargan, 4. Kinney

CB.- 5. Gibbs,6. Anibaba, 7. KWS, 8. Berry,

LB.- 9. Segares, 10. Pantazopoulos

RM.- 11. Nyarko, 12. Pineda,

CDM. - 13. Robayo, 14. Videria, 15. Pause, 16. Pardo

CAM.- 17. Grazzini, 18. Bone, 19. Paladini

LM.- 20. Pappa,

ST.- 21. Barouch, 22. Gulley, 23. Oduro 24. Puppo 25. Dube

Possible new signings:

Drafted
    :
    Luckymore Mkosana - FW
    Hunter Jumper - LB
    Tony Walls - MF

On trial
    Chicago Fire Roster Projection Updated: You be the Frank Klopas

Rumors:

In

Out
    Mikulic,
    Cuesta
    Justin Chavez - CB
    Evans Frimpong - FW
    Karl Woszczynski - GK

https://twitter.com/#!/HotTimeOldTown/status/165853689326735360

http://www.chicago-fire.com/players

Well we have 25 players with a max of 30 allowed.

We have 5 internationals with a max of 8 allowed.

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You SOB:D:D:D
    Nice catch.

17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You quoted the above in response to my questioning your statement that I said the team has no depth.

Are you well???? How is comprehension this difficult that it leads you to infer something like that from what I wrote?
    All I wrote was that no one impressed me or stood out in the 2nd and 3rd unit. Yet you take that to mean I believe the team has no depth?:confused: wtf?

From what I saw the team has decent depth, I just didn't think anyone stood out from the reserves but I'm pretty sure I could say that about a number of other teams in the league. Jeez.
    Let it go! You didn't appreciate my report and I'll make sure if I ever get to attend another Fire preseason training session or match, I'll address any of my comments to those that might appreciate it since I take it you don't.

Cheers.:)

18. I think that you, as a non regular to this forum, are the one who should be letting "it" go

19. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hold on...let me think about this...

Ummm...

OK...

...you were just saying that the guy we let go was great...and Grazzini played poor...and no one from the 2nd or 3rd units impressed you or stood out...all while bringing general and non-specific info about a team you don't support...and then you try to use other Fire Fans as a human shield to protect yourself from my criticism...

Got it.

So, we good now?

20. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    HUH?
    I never said Grazzini played poorly!!!!! Your criticism is the most asinine and baseless thing I've read in a while on BS. WOW!
    FFS please read and re-read before trying to start sh!t.

My exact words about Grazzini

"Gazzini was a little off"

From that you take it to mean Grazzini played poorly! WTF?:confused::confused:

I give up.
    Yes we are all copacetic right now. Cheers boss.

21. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You're right. :)

22. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, you're right...I fixed my comment...:)

You're insane.

Have a nice day. :)

23. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    :confused:
    Not even worth it. It's all good.

Namaste.

24. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously just...

[​IMG]

25. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    This is why no one posts on the Fire boards anymore. There are a few bullies that derail threads and rip on anyone who bothers posting here.