2012 Fire Roster Speculation

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by ceezmad, Jan 8, 2012.

1. RadioGonzo

RadioGonzo Member+

Nov 16, 2009
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    another T&T guy, currently on trial with Houston, is Darryl Roberts, who has been well proven in several leagues. I would have a look at him too.

2. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Does anyone know why Robinson retired?

3. iron81

iron81 Member+

Jan 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Most likely reason is he wasn't good enough for MLS. Every team but LA passed on him in the re-entry draft. If you go through the re-entry draft without getting picked, your MLS career is generally over.

4. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The fire Facebook page is reporting Ivan Guerrero is trialing with team now.hopefully at 35 he still has some in tank to add some depth on the left.judging by his career the last few years...I don't know.

5. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Aris has managed to revitalize Nery, six goals in his last 4 games. More then he scored in the last 4+ years.

6. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Could be nothing more than a dead cat bounce. Frankly, I couldn't care less. We paid him a ton of money and this 26 year old could never get in shape to play more than 30 minutes. He used us and we got nothing in return. I don't wish him ill, but I couldn't care less what he does in the Greek league or the Ukranian league or the Crete league or wherever he ends up.

As a general principle, I think people on here might be happier if they would just let go of the people we have had and who leave. I'm not saying I would never take someone back, but it would have to be a very good situation and that would be rare. Once they are gone, in my mind, they are gone. Bocanegra or Beasley finishing their career here? I guess. But people will expect the player we had and you know that they won't be. Second acts are usually not as good as the first ones.

I loved Ivan Guerrero when he was here, but I'm not that excited about a possible act 2. If it happens it happens. Bu Nery? He was a dog when he was here. He should never wear red again and therefore, popping in a couple of goals for Aris has no interest to me.

2 people repped this.
  7. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GK.- 1. Jonhson, 2. Nolly 26.

RB.- 3. Gargan, 4. Kinney

CB.- 5. Gibbs,7. Anibaba, 8. KWS, 6. Berry,

LB.- 10. Segares, 9. Pantazopoulos

RM.- 12. Nyarko, 11. Pineda,

CDM. - 14. Robayo, 15. Videria, 16. Pause, 13. Pardo

CAM.- 18. Grazzini, 19. Bone, 17. Paladini

LM.- 20. Pappa,

ST.- 24. Barouch, 25. Gulley, 23. Oduro 22. Puppo 21. Dube

Possible new signings:

Drafted
    :
    Luckymore Mkosana - FW
    Hunter Jumper - LB
    Evans Frimpong - FW
    Karl Woszczynski - GK
    Tony Walls - MF
    Justin Chavez - CB

Rumors:

In

Out
    Mikulic,
    Cuesta

http://www.chicago-fire.com/players

Well we have 25 players with a max of 30 allowed.

We have 5 internationals with a max of 8 allowed. Not counting Cuesta and Mikulic since they may be gone.

8. Krasny

Krasny Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Chicago West Side
    fun with google translator, guess they mean Mellberg

http://ocfpchalandritsa.blogspot.com/2012/01/chicago-fire.html

INTEREST FROM THE CHICAGO FIRE FOR MELMPERGK

The Olof Melmpergk is one of the leading servers who fought in Greek football and the Olympic, with its reputation surpasses the Greek border.

While the Reds are thinking to renew him for another year, several groups of foreign interest in the acquisition, according to the newspaper "ANCHOVIES."

One of the clubs reportedly have expressed interest in acquiring it, is the team of Frank Theft, Chicago Fire. The team MLS, wants to acquire a big name to attract people to the stadium and, as was known, Melmpergk is one of those who have been nominated.

The Melmpergk not hide his desire to compete in a ... exotic championship, but what that interests him is to stay in the Olympic.

9. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frank Theft huh??

10. vponce75

vponce75 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 16, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. 4door

4door Member+

Mar 7, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
  13. N1ckels5

N1ckels5 Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I would love to get Drogba. Who knows offer him enough money and I think we could get him.

14. 4door

4door Member+

Mar 7, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way could we offer him enough. With China and Russia starting to compete for aging stars along with the middle east, MLS just aren't going to be getting those guys for much longer unless they really want to move to an American city like LA or NYC. Anelka is making almost 3X what Henry is making and he is 1/2 the player. Sure Becks deal looked great on paper, but MLS combined all his marketing deals in with the playing contract. He was only making 6.5M a year before and now 7.5M. Eto is making like 30M and Drogba could probably find like 15M+ a year in Russia or China. It is crazy, MLS can't and shouldn't compete for these guys. Fire is better off trying to get S. American DPs for about 1M each than to get into debt trying to outbid China and Russia. What the Fire needs isn't a big name it needs a big season. It needs an MLS Cup to get the city behind it again and get the media talking. If you bring in a guy like Drogba, 99% of people won't even know who he is. There is no way you can make your money back on that kind of player in Chicago.

15. N1ckels5

N1ckels5 Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Did you really just say Drogba isnt half the player Henry is? Drogba is a global name that many people know he would be the 2nd biggest draw in the history of the league.

16. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would imagine they are about equal. Henry (at the time he came from Barcelona) and Drogba (today).

17. vponce75

Aug 16, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty sure he said Anelka is 1/2 the player. And I disagree. Drogba would only be the 2nd biggest draw in Fire history behind Blanco. Not commenting on ability just by name recognition and drawing power.

18. N1ckels5

N1ckels5 Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I believe I said for the league not just Chicago.

19. vponce75

Aug 16, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blanco was a huge draw leaguewide, 2nd only to Becks. I was saying that he not only wouldn't be the 2nd biggest draw in the league history, he would only be the 2nd biggest draw in Fire history. But whatever, I'd love to have Drogba but don't see it happening.

20. N1ckels5

N1ckels5 Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  21. 4door

4door Member+

Mar 7, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea I said Anelka was half the player Henry is and is getting 3X as much in China than Henry gets in NY. And he is nowhere near the level of star than Henry is as well. To be making 3X as much as Henry is quite shocking and indicates how much China is going to be throwing at aging stars at this point.

As far as comparing Henry to Drogba, I would say Henry is more skillful but Drogba might actually fit into MLS a bit better due to his style of play. But Henry is a bigger name and will draw a bit more attention in the US. He was at least featured on some US ads for Gillette. If you could get Drogba for like 4M I would say it would be worth it. More than Keane but less than Henry. But my feeling is that he is going to get a crazy offer from China or Russia and we shouldn't even bother.

22. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Yes, I see. With . . . Melmpergk? . . . . our stadium will be overflowing with curiosity seekers looking to catch just a glimpse of . . . . Melmpergk?

:D

23. Tweed Thornton

May 3, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago
    They let the Houston Dynamo front office do the translating

24. Der Stich

Der Stich Member+

May 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire