2012 Fire Roster Speculation

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by ceezmad, Jan 8, 2012.

1. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of salaries, did anyone else catch Wynalda pointing out how of the top 12 salaries in MLS, seven are either Galaxy or RedBulls players? I don't know why the league has such a hard-on for an LA-NY MLS Final considering the poor showing at Harrison last night. Announced attendance was 21K but that was bullshit as the stadium was obviously only 2/3 full at best. They'd be better better off with a Seattle/Portland-KC final. At least those teams get large crowds.

2. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    It's not MLS that is paying for those high Salaries. It is the team. The high salaries are the DP players who are payed by the team owner.

But the reason why the league would want NY-LA is because they are the two largest markets and have the most recognizable players.

3. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fvck them both....

It's going to be FIRE vs. Real Salt Lake in the finals @ TOYOTA Park.

4. Tobin

Tobin Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Chicago
    Firefan2001,

I don't have a number nor did I ever say I had one. If I did, I would have written about it as it interested me and seemed "off." I could speculate on what was going on but that's pointless. When writing articles re: the salary cap, I could never get specifics on the South American players (Puerari, Chaves, Grazzini). I know that they weren't making what was reported but I never received actual salary info on what they being paid.

I'm not hiding anything. I simply don't know.

5. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Tobin,

One thing to remember is that the league doesn't call it a cap, they call it a budget. This gives the league the ability to adjust different budgets if necessary.