2012 College Transfers

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by CreightonMCFCjoey, Dec 23, 2011.

1. fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo Member+

Arsenal FC
    United States
    Nov 16, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is meant by APR?

1 person likes this.
  2. thefortyniner

thefortyniner New Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Academic Progress Rating. Basically, it is a formula used by the NCAA to ensure that teams are moving their athletes towards graduation. If a team's APR gets too low, they could be barred from participating in postseason play. Almost happened to UConn basketball last year, IIRC.

This shouldn't be an issue, though. As long as Bonilla and Mayer had sufficient GPA at Akron, they'd be granted an adjustment and won't count against the team.

3. thetank123

thetank123 Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Porter does a good job stocking his team with high achievers who play (Caldwell, Trapp, Barson etc.) and high achievers who don't play (Chiu, Afvarsifiarfaraarraaiar (sp?) to balance out the underachievers who do play.

4. footieprophet

footieprophet New Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Clemson Picks up Manolo Sanchez from Louisville and Emmett Lunceford from South Carolina.

5. rct2009

rct2009 Member

Aug 22, 2006
    NY/Bloomington, IN
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if its been reported, but MF Blake Wise from Indiana is on the move to San Diego St., teaming up with former Hoosier MF Kevin Bick. Wise tore his ACL this past season around midway through, was starting to shine on the field. Too bad for IU.

6. Well Duh

Well Duh Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Lunceford apparently is not the only transfer out of SC....when you get to the Root of it all you see he is well-heeled

7. Not Vago

Not Vago Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, duh, that must mean you are saying Chipper Root is going to UNC?

8. BigSalmon

BigSalmon Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think Chipper is heading to UNC as he is removed from South Carolina's roster. Also, word on the street is Miles Byass, top player for SDSU is heading to one of UConn/Wake??

9. WatzBruin

WatzBruin Member

Aug 23, 2011
    LA - SF Valley
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Just heard....UCLA Bruins have a new transfer in Leo Stolz, a German national that played for George Mason last Season

10. Some guy

Some guy New Member

May 11, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah he is transferring and still is undecided on where he will play I'm the fall....

11. Queeg

Queeg Member

Jan 17, 2012

Good post Sandon. Repped.

12. NC SOCCER

NC SOCCER New Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Longwood (VA) has lost Nick Surkamp to NCSU .... Nick was named Atlantic Soccer Conference Player of the year. He has two years of eligibility left.

13. worthyofbeing1

Oct 23, 2011
    Carlos Mccrary is transfering to Creighton.

Elmar doesnt mind still recruiting his former players to his new school. Pretty lame but whatever.

All these players out there and he is still poaching UNC players? Really..

14. headerdunce

headerdunce Member

Dec 19, 2005
    I'm pretty sure he's staying at SDSU but maybe you have some inside info?

15. BigSalmon

BigSalmon Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Anyone knows anything about Anthony Hobbs, solid defender who's with Timbers PDL team right now and participated in the U20 World Cup with Kiwis? I heard he's transferring out

16. PlayForKeeps

PlayForKeeps Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Middle America
    Any transfers in or out of Kentucky with the coaching change?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but in regards to Hobbs from FIU... most schools don't accept senior transfers, do they?

17. BigSalmon

BigSalmon Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think most schools do accept senior transfers.. Matt Hedges and Dion Acoff comes to mind

18. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Happens all the time in soccer.

Jalil Anibaba, Stephen McCarthy, and Matt Hedges all transferred to North Carolina for their senior seasons. (McCarthy ended up taking a redshirt season at UNC after getting hurt and then coming back as a fifth-year senior.) Troy Perkins went to Evansville for his senior season. Marc Burch went to Maryland for one year. Jacob Husted played his senior season at Washington. Luke Holmes did the same thing last season at Akron and, as noted, Dion Acoff will be doing it this fall at UCSB.