2012 College Soccer Attendance Thread - continued

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by scoachd1, Aug 24, 2012.

1. No shinguards

No shinguards Member

Mar 21, 2008
    The Moon
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Messiah is a class soccer act, They lost thier long standing coach to Navy a few years back.. but living in the area.. I used to attend the games for a good evening out.. course having lights didnt hurt them ... and No other competitive sports on campus made the soccer team "really" impressive...

I thought at the time,. that Messiah could likely beat many D1 teams Id seen over the years.. Havent seen them play in the last 3-4 years.. since the other coach left... but With the area they are in, the level of play is pretty high.

jdgaucho repped this.
  2. scoachd1

scoachd1 Member+

Jun 2, 2004
    Southern California
    Wouldn't doubt it. Many programs are D1 in name only. Many have no players in MLS while several none D1 schools have more than 1.

jdgaucho repped this.
  3. AkronsBobert

AkronsBobert Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Team Home Games Total Average
    Akron 5 14704 2941
    West Virginia 8 6121 765
    Bowling Green 7 5229 747
    Northern Illinois 3 1192 397
    Hartwick 4 1575 394
    Western Michigan 6 1799 300
    Florida Atlantic 3 759 253
    Buffalo 6 1174 196

4. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Assuming this is a cooperative effort, I filled in the UC Davis home game numbers

5. Gaucho Bandsman

Sep 19, 2010
    Ditto with UCSB.

I like this idea, assuming folks care enough to populate the spreadsheet.

6. Gauchodon

Gauchodon Member

Sep 23, 2005
    The spreadsheet is a great idea, I updated UConn because I was curious where they stood, and made the average formula conditional on their being at least some attendance entered, to get rid of the Div/0 error and make it more readable.

Thanks to whoever started it.

7. jdgaucho

jdgaucho Member

Jan 8, 2012
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    quick question: because Nebraska-Omaha is still in transition, do we include them as well?

8. AkronsBobert

AkronsBobert Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    thanks for the updates everyone. It would be nice if we could have a person or two per conference.

9. perspixx

perspixx Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Temecula, Calif.
    I updated the Big West, and Howard. Sorted sheet by conference.

10. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    That's an interesting mix.

11. Well Duh

Well Duh Member

Jul 17, 2008
    ACC updated

12. AkronsBobert

AkronsBobert Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    we need someone for the Big East and Big 10, that would cover all the major conferences. I updated South Florida

13. AkronsBobert

AkronsBobert Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
  14. espola

espola Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    UCSB always brings in a few hundred fans, so the stadium at Davis was sold out. Official attendance is listed as 1344, for a stadium that seats 1010. Fans were waiting in line at the gate for others to leave.

jdgaucho repped this.
  15. Bid&Offer

Bid&Offer Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Updated St John's, Georgetown, ND and Louisville

16. Deadhorse0908

Deadhorse0908 Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Charlotte vs Fordam 10/12: 1210

Charlotte Avg for 5 home games: 1884

17. cougarbait

cougarbait New Member

Aug 17, 2012
    2842 in Edwardsville for SIUE vs Missouri St.

18. Howard the Drake

Feb 27, 2010
    I updated the Big Ten + MVC.

19. jdgaucho

jdgaucho Member

Jan 8, 2012
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've updated Davidson, Furman, Radford, UNC Greensboro in the Southern Conference; and UC Riverside and UC Irvine.

Filled in the '0' for UC Riverside; their second home game drew 228 vs. Nebraska-Omaha (via cumulative season stats)

Filled in UC Irvine. The attendance marks were one game off on the stat sheet and had not accounted for the home game vs Fullerton; I corrected this. UCI's second home game (vs. Detroit) officially drew a '0' which we know was not the case. Their team stats to date say they have drawn 4,273 fans to their six home games - an average of 712 per game.

To match the spreadsheet numbers with UCI's cumulative attendance I added in the Detroit game's amount. Unofficially their second home game crowd was 456.

20. jdgaucho

jdgaucho Member

Jan 8, 2012
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Updated UNC Asheville and High Point as well.

21. Deadhorse0908

Deadhorse0908 Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Charlotte vs LaSalle 10/14 - 1,353

Charlotte Avg for 6 games - 1,795

22. Well Duh

Well Duh Member

Jul 17, 2008
    For anyone contributing to the Attendance spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As6qRic5UaY9dFRoT0xSTlVBdlV0bE03UmZCWFBxRXc#gid=1

A pretty handy tool is TDS ... Starting from the College header select Colleges and you get a league by league list of teams and if you then select the stats link for the school of interest you get a game by game listing of outcomes and attendance.

Here is the outcome tracking Wake Forest so you can see what I mean.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/coll.../men/wake-forest/clgid-366/tab-statistics#tab

It beats hunting around for attendance figures in various school websites

AkronsBobert repped this.
  23. AkronsBobert

AkronsBobert Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Now that we're getting close to the end of the season, I'd like teams that have completed all of their home games for the season to be highlighted so I know which ones I have to update. It looks like someone deleted the game 10, 11, and 12 column. I'd prefer those stay until the end of the season so it's not a problem for anyone inputing data.

I'm going to update the MAC and Cleveland State today.

24. AkronsBobert

AkronsBobert Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    You can use that, but watch out for regular season tournament games played at neutral sites, those should not be included. That worries me because some of the data in the spreadsheet might include neutral sites. I might double check some of the teams at the end of the season.

Maybe a new sheet will be required for conference and NCAA tournament games.

BTW: The easiest way to find the box score sheet is through the conference website, example: http://www.mac-sports.com/Sports/SoccerM/ScheduleResults.aspx