2012 CFU Club Champions Cup [R]

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by Paul Calixte, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    I needed a laugh, thanks

2. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Is the CFU Cup so important to you, that you'd want it even if it meant getting the Group of Death? And 2nd place would get you the group of life? (I know that's not the case this season, this is just hypothetical.)
    ---------------------------
    re:Barracudas. They shouldn't have been allowed in the CFU Championship without beating the champion of their local league first, IMO. The A&B League champ didn't even get invited to this tourney. While the Barracudas were just given a berth. They didn't have to earn it.

3. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes the CFU Club Cup is important. It adds respect to your island's team.I thnk every island would like to claim the winner. Any of the three teams that advance will face difficulty. But that is why you want to advance to test your self against the bests teams in the hemisphere. So, while it will be tough, I want the Islanders to play against the Sounders. Not because it is the group of death, but because it would mean we are the CFU Club Cup winners.

4. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    i wouldn't call the sounders' group the group of death. You guys have already handled Marathon well. And sounders aren't a big deal.

The Guadalajara group is more a group of death. Van Schipt is looking forward to this tourney.

5. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Yeah Guadalajara would seem like the tougher opponent to me and yeah the CFU is important, if Whitbread wants to start his tenure right he needs this trophy, in fact if any Islanders coach wants to be taken serious he must win the CFU if not his days are number in my opinion. Because if you cant dominate the region how are you going to do good in the league or the CCL. Although beating the Galaxy would be fun now that Guadette is their keeper jeje.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    NEGATIVE!!! the island champ dropped out

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    any update on the scores?

8. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Link?

I'm searching everywhere for the scores too. WTF. Can't they at least ustream these games with an iphone? Bush league

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    who won??

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    baracudas lost 2-0

11. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Islanders down 0-1 W Connection

12. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    It's so obvious you guys are throwing this game right now so you can get the galaxy's group. Smart strategy. The galaxy suck, and you guys have owned them before. In fact, you predicted it correctly. Hopefully you made money on your prediction.

The Islanders are doing the right thing by letting W Connection win 3-0. Getting 3rd place is better. Is this Fana's first game against his former club?

13. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    It looks like it going to be a all trini final and the USL v NASL will have another game PR 1-3 W Connection with a few minutes to play.

14. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Full time 4-1 W Connection, not the Islanders night. I hope next years CFU can be played in PR.

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    who would purposely lose a game, when its not guaranteed they will be in 3rd?

16. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    The Barracudas are nowhere near Islanders' level. Falling back to the 3rd place game is just as good as a guarantee that they will win it. If they didn't know that Barracuda won the prior game, they wouldn't've thrown the match.

17. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    i bet you baracudas win tomorrow

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Im starting to think you dont know much about caribbean football. why comment?

19. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    I'd bet you bro, but there are so many welchers here, you might do the same. I simply do not think Bara can take on the former 2-time champions, and 2009 CCL semifinalists.

20. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    I mean im not ubber confident like It's call football, but I'm sure the Islanders will pull through, the CCL is a big money maker for the club and I doubt they would not go all out against cuda. Another thing its funny that you mention Caribbean football, at a nat team level Antigua has out performed PR but at a pro level the Islanders are probably in the top three clubs and have never missed a CCL, another thing is that the Islanders have the stats on their side having beaten cuda before, and being in a better postion in their league than cuda which is in the bottom side of the USL.

21. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Inlanders' manager Whitbread said there will be some line up changes for tongiht and that the players he puts on the field will have fight in them. I sure hope so. Now, if a little scoring comes with that fight, the Islanders will be fine.

22. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Islanders FC XI: Martin, Martinez, Vazquez, Needham, Rivera, Richardson, Telesford, Fojo, Foley, Hansen y Fana

23. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Islanders 2 - 0 Barracuda, the games is almost at the half, earlier Barracuda got a penalty but Richard Martin stopped it superbly.

24. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    My bad we already around the 70 minute

25. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    final score?