2012 CFU Club Champions Cup [R]

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by Paul Calixte, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...maybe the final round will be held in Puerto Rico? :confused:

2. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    LOLOL Now that Webb is in charge is going to be the same as when Jack put all the games in T&T. But now will have to go to does sandbars they call the Cayman Islands. Puerto Rico has the best facilities and infrastructure in the the Caribbean but until the CFU pres isn't from PR they will never play there other than some group stages from time to time. To be honest the final will probably be in T&T.

What really pisses me of is that PR Islanders made their schedule around this and Don Webb screws us over! The game overload for the team is going to be ridiculous!

3. jcmenal

jcmenal Member

May 9, 2011
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Group 5 - 2nd Round W Connection (Trinidad) "2-0" Victory (Haití) Antigua Barracuda (Antigua) "3-0" Inter Moengotapoe (Surinam)

4. rodrigolei

rodrigolei New Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    I hope Antigua Barracuda can be one of the qualifieds to the 2012/2013 CONCACAF Champions League.

5. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Yeah, I know. The subsidies should allow the amateur teams to participate in the CCL.

I have a feeling CFU has no contingency plan in place in case less than 3 pro teams make the Final Round. Bush league if they don't.

6. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    The best indication on how the stand is to wait for their result against W Connection. Remember that there friendly against the Islanders last year they got crushed and the Islanders usally are in the same league as the top trini teams.

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    They are playing now. Do you know the score?

8. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was going to recommend you listen to Total Mix Radio (since Victory are playing now), but apparently the phone service was spotty, so they cut from the guy doing play-by-play in Trinidad to slow jams. :D

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Final score

Barracudas 0 vs victory 0

10. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    It going to be tight in that group Victory should beat the Suriname team, and I'm not sure Barracudas can beat W Connection. It going to go down to goal differential in the end.

11. rodrigolei

rodrigolei New Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    I thought that after the good performance of Antigua and Barbuda in 2014 World Cup Qualifications Antigua Barracuda would be one of the favorites in CFU Club Champions Cup.

12. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Not saying their not a contender, they have a shot at it but they have a difficult task ahead of them, W Connection swept Moengotapoe by a much larger margin that Barracudas did. If Barracuda need a good result against WC to assure a pass if not a strong showing by Victory against Moengotapoe could leave them out of the next round. I think they are good but not Trini - Islanders level good. I do have them taking a spot for the CFU, I think it's going to be Islanders, W Connection, Barracudas

13. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right now, midway through the second half, Victory are piling it on, winning 7-2 against Inter Moengotapoe. At this rate, all W Connection need to do is win and Antigua Barracuda are out.

14. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Did baracudas win?

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Baracudas 2 W connection 1....almost end of 2nd half

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    FINAL SCORE

W CONNECTION 1
    ANTIGUA BARRACUDAS 2

W CONNECTION & BARRACUDAS ADVANCE TO NEXT ROUND!

17. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There it went. Oh well, can't blame the Trinis for Victory letting the Barracudas off the hook on Tuesday. At least Baltimore are still in it...

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    So when is next round and who is in it?

19. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Group 4 (featuring the Puerto Rico Islanders, Caledonia AIA of Trinidad and Tobago, Baltimore of Haiti and the Cayman hosts George Town) will take place between May 20-24. After that, I'm guessing the final round will be held in early June.

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    But only 4 of these teams are qualified overall? W Connection, Barracudas, Islanders and Caledonia?

21. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The best way to put it is that those four teams are the only ones eligible for the CCL. For example, if Puerto Rico and Baltimore reach the final round, then W, Barracudas and the Islanders will automatically qualify for the CCL as the three best pro teams in the tournament.

22. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Cool> I wanna see barracudas in the next round end of July.

23. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    So its just a group then?

24. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would have made more sense; but based on the chronology of it all, it appears that the CFU set up the tournament for all the teams involved, then decided on restricting the CCL spots to the pro teams. So:

- If both Puerto Rico and Caledonia make it to the final round (most likely), the four pro teams will contest the CCL spots between themselves.
    - If only one of the above make it, then that team, W Connection and Antigua Barracuda are all in the CCL.
    - If neither make it (highly unlikely), W Connection and Antigua qualify, and my guess is that the CFU would simply pick the pro team that finished highest in Group 4 as the third Caribbean representative.

25. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    So I take it that the Haitian team in the last CCL was allowed to participate on a 1 year grace period.