2012 Away Trips

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by NNCRed, Feb 15, 2012.

1. nsps

nsps Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    It was a great trip last year. Looking forward to doing it again!

My girlfriend and I are staying half a mile from the stadium, a couple blocks west of Couch Park. Four of my friends are at the Paramount Hotel, which is less than a mile southeast of the stadium. Sounds like it's going to be a good turnout this year.

2. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my biggest suggestion to those of you going to the Portland match would be to first go to the Saturday Market thing they have down by the river.

Second would be to show up to the match at the same time as the Timbers Army does and just sit back and watch the best fan support in MLS.

Each Portland home game I have these incredibly high expectations. I'm almost hoping they let me down. It's never happen. And seeing them in person? Wow, just wow

3. FCBeast

FCBeast Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Kearnshaw
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. RSLSteve

RSLSteve Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is everyone sitting in section 223 at Portland?

5. nsps

nsps Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    My party of six is.

6. FCBeast

FCBeast Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Kearnshaw
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe that is where my tickets are.

7. NNCRed

NNCRed Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Land-o-Spuds
    5 of us from Boise plus my 2 brothers who live in the Portland area are in 223 as well. We'll be bringing the big ass Andy Williams 2-stick banner to the game as well.

8. smackdowntay

smackdowntay Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im going with the Wrecking Crew. Me + 6. Its gonna be a damn ball.

9. nsps

nsps Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Pat from the Timbers ticket office told me he expected around 150 RSL fans in the section.

10. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that thing was awesome
    well done with it

11. NNCRed

NNCRed Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Land-o-Spuds
    Thanks. We decided to take it every game we go to this year and hold it up during the 77th minute.

12. NNCRed

NNCRed Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Land-o-Spuds
    Off to Portland tomorrow. I look forward to seeing some of you there. I'll be the guy somewhat inebriated in Row T with the big ass Andy Williams 2-stick. I might even see some of you at the Bitter End for the meet and greet. If last year was anything to go by, this year's trip to Portland will be great.

13. RSLSteve

RSLSteve Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm off to Portland as well. Very excited for this trip.

14. nsps

nsps Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    The trip has just started and is already great. Looking forward to it! My group might have a couple extras, so PM me if you need 'em.

15. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hope all of you brought your rain gear, i havent seen the sun since i left SLC a week ago. we are on course for the wettest march in recorded portland history and there are no signs of it letting up. mother nature has taken the proverbial fire hose to the PacNW the last month. soooooooo tired of the ********ing rain and cold.

16. dstorm

dstorm Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is the best way to get tickets as a visiting fan to the San Jose game?

Do they set aside tickets for RSL supporters? Purchased through RSL or San Jose?

17. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe every team has to set aside x amount of tickets for away supporters. I heard it was 500 tickets but I could be wrong. I'd assume you buy them through SJ

18. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just either give their ticket office a call or find an email for a ticket rep
    Each club is supposed to have a rep for visiting fans.

19. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Also, talking the Brent Stevens at RSLFO is a good way to go. He's in charge of the SG's, and he can coordinate with any other team's counterpart to set aside a block for fans. Granted, they aren't the best seats, but you are there with other RSL fans.

20. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Also, talking the Brent Stevens at RSLFO is a good way to go. He's in charge of the SG's, and he can coordinate with any other team's counterpart to set aside a block for fans. Granted, they aren't the best seats, but you are there with other RSL fans.

21. nsps

nsps Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    The only nice thing I can say about LA: They give good seats to away supporters. We had a perfect view for the comeback win goals in the season opener.

I always end up having to call the away team's away-fan ticket rep. No one at RSL ever told me about Brent Stevens. Thanks for the tip.

Do the Earthquakes have an away section? I know they basically play in their mom's basement, so I'm wondering where the away fans end up. Anyone been?

22. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A huge group of RSL supporters has gone out to SJ the past 2 seasons as they were our season opener. I'd imagine, based one the pics that were posted, they have a specific section in a corner (opposite of their "ultras") for away fans

23. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. I don't know directions without the mountains, but basically they've got U-shaped stands, with an open concourse behind one of the goals. Their supporters' section is behind the other goal, and away supporters are placed in the top half of the furthest section from their supporters.

24. nsps

nsps Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Thanks for the info! Anyone making the trip? Any tips from those who went past years?

25. NNCRed

NNCRed Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Land-o-Spuds
    Tickets to Vancouver away have been purchased.