2012 Away Trips

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by NNCRed, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Modus Tollens

Modus Tollens New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    If you believe then just stand up on your feet
    And shout it loud, Re-AL
    Watch out (Los Angeles), the battle hymn's begun
    We're here for R S L

I will be there, hopefully with a group (we had 12 local RSL fans at the last LAG-RSL regular season game). Has anyone tried to bring a drum in to the HDC before? We have enough time in advance that we might have a shot and getting approval from their FO...

There are always a couple hundred scattered RSL fans -- families of players, Xango reps, Utah transplants -- in the seats. I totally down to run off copies of the 'Believe' chant to pass out to anyone wearing red.

2. ryes31

ryes31 New Member

Sep 12, 2011
    Orem, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah it was Aaron Arak, and he sent me an email with all the info I need. Super nice guy. We're just getting a final head count of who's going and then we'll prolly buy the tickets on Monday.

There's probably going to be 7 or 8 of us total. We don't have any hotel booked yet, I was just checking a few on Expedia for the cheapest ones... how much did you guys pay for the room at the Hampton? Maybe I'll check that out and we can combine pregame forces, or hell, even tailgate in the hotel lot! ha!

3. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a good group. The Hampton Inn was $122 for the three of us, not super cheap but not outrageous--we chose it more for stumbling distance to the HDC than for anything else, since we won't have a DD.

4. Jovan Drakulich

Jovan Drakulich New Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Just booked my travel for the season opener at LAG! Ah yeeeaahh!

5. burninator

burninator Member

Aug 7, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Anyone want to join me and my family in Dallas on April 25? :D Call Tessa at 469-365-0046 for away supporter's section tix :) I just did!

6. smackdowntay

smackdowntay Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im going to the LA game this next week. Where is everyone sitting? I need to be next to RSL folk.

7. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Section 116 is the away supporters' section. Our seats are in Row D, I'm not sure how many seats RSL supporters will wind up filling.

8. Speedybacon

Speedybacon Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Orem, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Section 116 row E is where I will be.

9. harry callahan

Jul 15, 2007
    Angel City Brigade
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It aint strict no-tailgating at the HDC what they mean is no cooking and pour your beer into paper cups, just find yourself a piece of grass to sit on at the edge of the lots and start drinking, or theres a bar directly opposite the main entrance called bananas its got plenty of tv.s for sports looks a bit ruff but it aint you can get a pre-match beer in there, a handful of galaxy fans go in pre-game as most picnic as the front office officially call it and after the game a lot more go in, you guys should have booked in the doubletrees in carson it has a good sports bar the hamilton doesnt, just giving you guys a bit of info cos you didnt lynch me when i was drinking in the republican a few years back after a galaxy game.Have a good time except for the result.

10. RSLSteve

RSLSteve Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I picked up the last 2 tickets in the RSL section at Portland tonight. Very excited for that trip.

11. nsps

nsps Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I think we need to change the whole line. Instead of "Here at," make it "Storming the Depot." And then adjust per club.

SUCH AS:
    Storming Toronto/Seattle/etc.
    Storming the Timbers/Earthquakes/etc.
    Storming the li'l dick

I just tweeted at Brandon to see if he had an official variant already or if we should go with that. We could also add in a grace note at the start and do "We're storming"

12. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sweet. I've been kind of out-of-pocket for the last few weeks while I've been working down here in So Cal when I suddenly realized that the season starts this weekend and, holy flaming fecal material, RSL is playing LA at the Home De-Pot Center on Saturday. So, if the stars align, I may be able to be at the game. Thanks for telling me which section where all the true soccer fans sit, not just a bunch of wannabes.

13. nsps

nsps Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I fly to LA tomorrow morning. How big a crowd are we looking at for LA? It seems like there are often random RSL fans scattered around the HDC. It was nice to have a real section for the WCF last year.

I'll be there, hopefully with three others.

14. nsps

nsps Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I'm in LA and have two extra tickets to the match. If anyone knows some RSL fans who could use them let me know. First one I hear from gets them.

15. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone who's currently in LA, feel free to stop by the Hampton Inn room 207.

16. FCBeast

FCBeast Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Kearnshaw
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw you on TV quite a few times yesterday. Great showing by yourself and all the other RSL fans.

17. nsps

nsps Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    What a great trip that was! Thanks to Lurpy and co. for letting me hang at the Hampton Inn for a bit before the match.

18. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No worries, good to see you there.

19. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lump great to see you on the tube last night, really wish I could have seen that butt kicking live.

20. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of butts, watching the Morales goal highlight it appears that my plumber's crack is now world famous.

21. burninator

burninator Member

Aug 7, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I know it's a ways away, but anyone planning on making it to the Dynamo game in September?

22. SALTLAKEJAKE

SALTLAKEJAKE Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Sugarhood
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My group of friends and I were talking about this on Saturday at the tailgate. I think that would be an awesome trip. I would like to go see their stadium.

23. burninator

burninator Member

Aug 7, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I live down here now, and I'm getting at least 4 tix in the away supporters' section. If we get 10, we get a little discount at $20 a ticket. I'm going to work on getting some more people out to the game. The away supporters' section is in the Northeast corner, upper deck.

24. nsps

nsps Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Having hit LA and got my trip to PDX squared away, I'm not sure how many more away trips I'll make this year. But Houston isn't high on my list — I hope you get a good crowd though!

These would be my top away trips (all ones I've never made before, at least to see RSL play the host opponent):

Crapids (never made it out there but I love RMC matches.)
    San Jose (Love the Bay area, have friends out there who are RSL fans)
    Chicago (have family there, but never made it to a match)
    Vancouver (never been, seems like a cool place — as long as there aren't any friendlies more important than a league match)
    Seattle (Would love to re-live the MLS Cup glory, although preferably with an away section from which we can see the match a little better. Haven't seen Seattle play in Seattle.)

My girlfriend would have totally been up for Montreal, but no game there. Thanks, unbalanced schedule!

25. SALTLAKEJAKE

SALTLAKEJAKE Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Sugarhood
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Where are you staying in Portland? I'm heading up next friday with a group of 7. should be an amazing trip.