2012 Away Trips

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by NNCRed, Feb 15, 2012.

1. NNCRed

NNCRed Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Land-o-Spuds
    Didn't see a thread for this yet, but what away trips are people planning for the season? I haven't seen much discussion on here about it.

The Idaho crew is going to Portland again this year. Tickets went on sale a couple of weeks ago. For those needing the link:https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/g...ner=1444265&group=147&err=&event=&customerID=

Special offer code is "RSL".

I'm also planning on going to Vancouver in August (knock on wood).

2. Speedybacon

Speedybacon Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Orem, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm planning on going to the la game on march 10th. I have been trying to buy tickets early but single game tickets aren't on sale yet. Does anybody know what section they usually want visitors to sit in?

3. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to LA as well. Speedy: According to the LA person who took about a month to get back to me, away fans are going to be in section 116.

4. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    guess i'll be at the portland away game....that will be sooooo tough for me.....seeing as how i live 1 block from the stadium. had a good time with everyone that went to Henry's before the game last year (not sure if those people are on BS), highly recommend that again.

edit: dayamn, tickets in the supporters section are $32? thats pretty ridiculous, last year i just scammed a timbers army ticket from a friend who couldnt go to the game and then just stood with the RSL supporters, lol. meh, all well. only get to see RSL a couple times a year.

5. NNCRed

NNCRed Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Land-o-Spuds
    $33 is spendy, especially for how poor the view is from the seats. But it's a great venue, good location, and it's more fun to stand with fellow RSL fans.

I was too wasted to figure out that RSL fans were already insdie Henry's last year by the time I got there. I was just told that the place was packed by somebody working up front and so I went on up the hill to the Matador. I will say the Yamhill was a lot of fun that afternoon with the Timbers Army. Good people.

6. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ya, yamhill is fun, plus they have CHEAP ass beer. i actually live in the apartment building behind the matador now, which makes getting hammered drunk before games, stumbling a block to the stadium and then back after the game for more drinking sooooo easy. plus i dont have to worry about parking which is a total bitch.

7. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Columbus and Philly for us!

8. NNCRed

NNCRed Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Land-o-Spuds
    UP: If there's interest again for a pre-match get together prior to the Portland game, would you be interested in helping pick a place and maybe seeing what they can do for us; drink specials (because Portland doesn't have enough happy hours), reserved bar area, etc? Maybe something starting around 4:30 or 5? That should give us enough time to have a couple drinks before heading to the stadium.

9. RSLSteve

RSLSteve Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Portland, Colorado and L.A. (October) for me.

10. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    definitely, there are plenty of places around the stadium that would be good for a pre-game. i'll just do a list right now of places that i would recommend the most (and why):

1) Henry's: A LOT of RSL fans went here before the game last year, they have decent happy hour, excellent drink selection, good food (and a restaurant if you want to sit down and eat), a big open area upstairs to play pool or lounge around. Definitely accommodating.

2) Marathon: Cheap drinks, good happy hour, cheaper pool tables, typical bar food and drink selection, closer than Henry's to the stadium. Definitely accommodating.

3) Ringlers Pub: A Mcmenamins, has awesome pizza, simple happy hour as far as food selection but the food is good, not the hugest beer selection but happy hour prices for drinks are really good, has pool tables, but they suck. Service is ok considering Mcmenamins are known for their terrible service. Maybe accommodating, somewhat small bar.

4) Bitter End Pub: 1 block from stadium, can intermingle with Timbers Army memberss as they pre-game here and at Kingston Bar and Grill a block away (which i dont recommend), pretty good prices, good drinks, decent food. Maybe accommodating (LOTS of TA members).

Here we start working away from the stadium but no more than the distance from Henry's, an easy walk.

5) Blitz 21: Fun bar, good happy hour, good drink and food selection, pool tables, shuffle board tables (only place around the stadium with shuffle board), and other games. A bit of a smaller bar, which is why i dont recommend it for BIG groups, but they would probably be accommodating.

6) Blue Moon Tavern: Closest Mcmenamins, simple happy hour as far as food selection but the food is good, not the hugest beer selection but happy hour prices for drinks are really good, has pool tables. Only downer is that their service is pretty lousy. Definitely accommodating.

7) Gypsy: Ok happy hour, but not great, this is more of a place to go after the game, they have a fish bowl drink that will absolutely ******** you up (and requires 4 people to purchase, its huge), they have karaoke and is a pretty cool bar. Maybe accommodating.

8) Bartini: If you have some lady's who love martinis (or you do yourself), take them here, they have a MASSIVE selection of martinis and also other mixed drinks, limited beer selection. Good happy hour prices (like $4 for a martini/mixed drink), decent food. Maybe accommodating.

11. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clan Ismitje plans on Vancouver in August as well. Only hangup would be the weekend of the Palouse Cup, also in early August, in which I usually play. We're headed to Seattle midweek in July too.

I am organizing a tailgate for UIdaho alums at a DC United home game in May also, but I doubt that is as appealing. :)

12. Fenerbace

Fenerbace Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey
    Good list. That stuff should all be mapped here:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...=0&ll=45.52463,-122.68733&spn=0.01816,0.03828

13. SALTLAKEJAKE

SALTLAKEJAKE Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Sugarhood
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Portland is booked for myself and several friends. We're also heading to "Demnever", and hopefully San Jose or the second Gals away game. Can't wait for the season to start.

14. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like to see the Idaho boys in Vegas someday!
    MLS =Vegas see you there.

15. NNCRed

NNCRed Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Land-o-Spuds
    If MLS goes to Vegas it automatically becomes every fan of opposing teams favorite away trip.

16. ryes31

ryes31 New Member

Sep 12, 2011
    Orem, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A van full of us are planning on going to the LA game on March 10th. Has anyone got tickets for that game yet? I talked to someone on the Galaxy live chat thing and they said away supporters section is 116, but I couldn't buy tickets for that section on the site. Just fired off an email to LA's "supporters tickets" rep, so hopefully he'll get back to me asap.

Who else is going? Hope to see a huge group of RSL supporters out there!

We're also planning on going out to Denver for that game as well again... was such a blast the past few years!

17. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    those of you going to the Gals game better sing the believe song
    just change RioT to Depot

18. Speedybacon

Speedybacon Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Orem, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm planning on it. I can't wait! I got my tickets today. march 10th can't come soon enough.

Who else is going to be there?

19. kirsoccer

kirsoccer BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 29, 2007
    First (and hopefully not only) away trip for me...next week in Tucson. I can't wait.

By my count RSL has 20 players officially signed. Tweets seem to indicate Velasquez and Steele added to that mix. My bet is that de Almeida, Bonfigli, and Cruz are added. That means one more player to add - an outside back. That could really be anybody - Tanaka, Laing, Casal, or even Banner, Bengelloun, or Knight.

I'm really looking forward to seeing some of these guys play in person in a competitive match.

20. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, that's some ride.

You're going to have a great trip, I just know it.

[​IMG]

21. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Recalls a debate about one of our forum taglines - in a van down by the river or something like that?

22. NNCRed

NNCRed Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Land-o-Spuds
    Anybody have contact info for away tickets to Vancouver? I emailed them with no response a few weeks ago. I couldn't find a direct contact on their website for away ticketing. I was hoping to avoid an international call to BC.

23. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    They are waiting to see when they will cancel the game before they sell tickets.

24. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    must spread rep
    Seriously, though, I would be a total ass with Vancouver about my trip if it was built around the game.

25. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was the guy you talked to in the LA FO Aaron Arak? If not, PM me and I'll get you his phone number.

There's a few of us going, should be a good time. Where are you guys staying? The HDC apparently has "a strict no tailgating policy," according to their website, so we're going to pregame at our hotel room in the Hampton Inn up the street.