2012 Asian Olympic Qualifiers

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by jonny63, Jul 22, 2009.

1. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
    FT Oman 0-3 South Korea

The South Koreans book their place in London. Congrats! :)

2. Dohahah

Dohahah Member

Feb 21, 2012
    US, Qatar
    Club:
    Al Sadd SC Doha
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    Insha'Allah the UAE beats Uzbekistan and represents us in the Olympics.

3. LABOO

LABOO Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Uzbekistan 2-3 UAE

UAE to London. It was a very exciting game.

UAE made a stunning comeback from two goals down and scored the winner in additional time.

4. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Congrats UAE, u deserved, even with your simulations.
    And Goodbye London:(

5. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Does your U23 team have a Korean forward?

6. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    From surnames, I don't think so.

7. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    It's not over yet. You still have one last chance to qualify, although it's going to be a lot more challenging now. ;)

By the way, what exactly do you mean by "simulations"? :confused:

8. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    UAE players always tried to eat the time till it was 0-0 and after 2-2. Their doctor even didn't sit in his place, was always on the field.

9. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    Surely you're exaggerating, though. I watched the game and I only remember the UAE's goalkeeper taking some time off the clock, but he's excused since he took a nasty hit to the head.

Anyway, the UAE deserve going to the Olympics. They have, undoubtedly, one of the best youth football systems in Asia right now. I think they have a good future in Asian football.

10. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Hmm, yes I exaggerated:p. But for sure there were many cases that UAE players just grass-rolled and waste time after they had even slightly clashes.
    Anyhow, I already said that UAE deserved London, they were much better then us in their field, and Good Luck to them for representing Asia in Olympic Games.

Next, we play against Syria and Oman in Vietnam at the end of this month.

11. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Can't wait. I have a ticket to the final playoff in Coventry, England. Not sure who i want to see? I like the thought of seeing Uzbekistan, I saw Oman beat China on TV and they looked good, wouldn't mind seeing them and then Syria. A Syrian team who would probably get booed in these current times.

Anyway, look forward to watching whoever gets to that stage. Should be a crowd of about 100 i guess!!!

12. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Uzbekistan do EXACTLY the same thing when they're ahead from what I've seen (don't know about the U23's, but their mens team certainly do)

13. Uzbekistan2006

Jan 4, 2005
    Khorezm, Uzbekistan
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Congratulations UAE, Iraq, FIFA I think Organizational committee of London 2012 are very happy because the richest team qualified. They will definitely cover your expenses either directly or indirectly.. Yeah you got what you wanted.

:(:(

Good luck to Uzbekistan in play off anyway..

14. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    do u have any example? grass-rolling is shame in our country

15. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    Didn't you say that the UAE wasted time, even before they went a goal down? That would be true, if it wasn't for the fact that the UAE dominated the first half and were trying to score a goal ever since the first minute of play.

Even after the UAE's second goal went in, the team still attacked and was hoping to score a third goal and finish Uzbekistan off. It was an enjoyable, free-flowing game of football. I cant really say I agree with you about time-wasting, although there were a few instances, in the last 20 minutes, when several UAE players made a meal out of their injuries. Nevertheless, some of those injuries were legitimate, in which case the players should probably be excused for taking some time off the clock.

Anyway, good luck to Uzbekistan in the next round. :)

16. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    Are you suggesting foul play? You cant be serious. :confused:

Is it FIFA's fault (or even the UAE's fault) that the Uzbek team wasn't capable of defending a 2-goal lead? I hardly think so...

17. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    He was probably implying the match between UAE and Iraq that ended 2-0 for Iraq but were later awarded 3-0 victory for UAE due to Iraq fielding an ineligible player. Mind you, this has happened a total of 3 times in this Olympic qualifying campaign! AFC is partly at fault for not being able to spot this prior to match.

Had this not happened, Uzbekistan only needed a draw to secure their first ever qualification to the Olympics.

18. Irakien

Irakien Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    :rolleyes:

It's hardly our fault that you weren't able to hold a 2-0 lead on your own soil.

19. Irakien

Irakien Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Don't you know Ayrabz iz alwaayz cheating. :rolleyes:

20. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    How can the AFC be at fault? There is a rule book that some nations obviously aren't reading.

But I would argue in football full stop that that the Match Commisinor has a bigger duty to check the team sheets before the games and verify who can play on some kind of centralised database. This would also cure such issues that has happened in the Vietnamese league recently were players who have lifetime bans from FIFA have been turning up to play unnoticed - until recently.

21. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Englishman, we've had this discussion a million times before (same thing happened to Sepahan). AFC gets the team list and verifies it. It's the easiest job on the planet for them to see which player is eligible and which player is not. When the game starts they have a right to STFU because they themselves missed it. They didn't do their job properly.

In Sepahan's case, the player that was 'ineligible' was signed from Perspolis and the card was given to him months ago. Sepahan wasn't aware and the player had obviously forgotten. The card however was on the system and AFC could have easily said something before the game. Instead, they cleared the player. It's AFC's fault, not the player and not the team.

22. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Whatever Nima, we went through all this before and its in the rulebook, get use to it. To say it's not the teams fault is utterly wrong. The AFC could tell you that this player is suspended, but the team might still play him, what can AFC do other than award the match. AFC can't control who you put on the pitch, they can advise you that you can't use that player, but they can't physically stop you from going against them.

Get with the rules Nimaa, read them and take repsonsability, some teams aren't, other team's are.

Anyway, Olympics isn't run by AFC, it's not AFC rules, so why would they get involved? FIFA should if anythign be doing something if you so wanted.

23. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I personally think that's a slightly moot point.

Okay say that Uzbekistan had to only draw the game. And say by the point of the 47th minute (when in reality Uzbek when up 2-0), that hypothetical game is 0-0.

Now the scenario's are the exact same for that hypothetical and the real version. Uzbekistan simply had to not concede. The only difference is that in the "real" game they had a 2nd goal to buffer their result. It's not like after the 47th minute they were chasing a result, they could've shut up shop like would've been the scenario had they been trying to force a draw or something.
    -------------
    On the issue of ineligibility, I say the teams need to know the rules themselves and not f**k it up.

24. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    I agree with AKITOD and druryfire. Uzbekistan were winning by 2 goals, so they were on their way to London, if it wasn't for a major defensive slip-up in the last 30-40 minutes. They can blame FIFA for their misfortunes, but the fact remains that they let a 2-goal lead slip away.

The final scoreline wouldn't have been fairer if it was anything different, though. The UAE were all over the Uzbek team, and Uzbekistan only have themselves to blame for that defeat. For instance, the first goal would've never gone in if it wasn't for the Uzbek defender kicking the air instead of the ball, and then making a ridiculous challenge on Ahmed Khalil.

25. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
    Blaming the AFC highlights the Asian mentality well. If the teams were professional and had FAs who knew what the ********ing ******** was going on, they'd know who was ruled out from the off.

The funny thing is, it's the opposing FA who put in a complaint in the UAE and Iraq case. Shows the UAE FA know more about our players than we do! Props to them tbh.