2012 Arab Nations Cup

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by druryfire, Jan 17, 2012.

1. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    It's all going wrong for Bahrain, another loss, 2:0 to Yemen

2. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I doubt it, its a boring match :/

3. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Morocco 0-0 Libya
    4 points each
    Kuwait are out

4. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    What you guys thinking to the tournament so far? Excitement? Pointless? A good run out for newbies?

I'm sure that we get the likes of Saudi, Kuwait, Iraq for example that build up a team in a tournament like this, and then we get the likes of Yemen and Palestine who want to make a big strong A team, a good tournament in my opinion where winning isn't what really matters, but a good prep tournament for other things,

Anyway, without it, June would be boring!!

Mussab86 repped this.
  5. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    the tourny is decent at this level it's decent ... the boring matches of euro 2012 helped a lot :) thanks euro for producing this level of matches.

the only match that ended 0-0 which is Morocco vs Libya and it was okay ,
    if they are willing the organize the tournament again they should do it next summer , but they should invite 16 national teams to fill 4 groups , or 10 national teams to fill 2 groups at least. the groups like this are not good. Saudi Arabia only get to play 2 matches in group stages , and they will be seeded to the final if they qualify i think. 3 matches are not enough to see their true level.

they should give rewards to the teams. we have 4 companies sponsoring this tournament . they should give the teams more money to encourage the teams to play using their best players. 25000 for a win in group stages and 500000 for semis and 1000000 for the final .

they should ban UAE from entering any championship from the Arab FA ( gulf cup,Arab cup , Arab games ....etc) actions like these are really irresponsible.

they should fine the Bahraini defender ( the idiot caused 2 penalties tonight ) and got 2 yellow cards for blocking the ball with his hand. he was doing all what he can to lose :/ .

this championship has the potential to be better than AFC nations cup and African nations cup if they only do it right and allow election in the Arab FA. the confederation will be good. FIFA recognition is not important!

too much extreme opinions ? yeah, great people are not afraid to explore the extreme , arrogance is not good to the mind as well.

anyway lets just shut up and watch the gaols :

6. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Only group C matches are worth watching, the rest matches are boring as hell. Group A is dead from day one. I hoped a better performances from group B teams but the low quality of the matches made me turn the TV off. Group C is the best so far and intersting but the clashes with Euro is killing it.

7. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Lebanon 0:2 Sudan

8. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Mustafa Karim hit again

9. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraq 2-1 Egypt. Egypt dominated the first half but in the second half we were way better. Congrats Iraq & hard lucj egypt.

10. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Iraq - Sudan - winner takes all!!

Up next, Saudi Arabia - Palestine in a game that's already boring the pants off me, just shouldn't be like this.

Mussab86 repped this.
  11. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    another 0-0 from europe :D ,

sorry guys i couldn't find a video without ads.

GOALS :
    Sudan - Lebanon

Egypt - Iraq

Mussab86 repped this.
  12. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Saudi Arabia 2:2 Palestine

I know that this game didn't really mean anything, of course, Palestine were never going to win 4:0 in Saudi Arabia to qualify, but drawing 2:2 is a big result no matter how you put it. Saudi A, B, C team, for me, Palestine drew with Saudi in Saudi.

Interested Serro, was there many team changes on Saudi's part from the first game? If there was, why?

13. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    ^
    i don't know i did not watch the match , it either means Saudi Arabia were bad or Palestine were good

I remember an Italian coach saying that " a too long rest has a reverse effect " , i will watch the reply later

14. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Palestinian players were good ,,,

the GOALS:

15. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Palestine were good. Organized and composed with the exception of the first goal they allowed. Saudi Arabia was lucky to get the draw- especially since the Khaled Al-Zeelei had stomped on Alexis and then went on to score the equalizer minutes later.

Overall, I feel this competition is a joke- it feels that smaller regional competitions WAFF/Gulf Cup are taken more seriously.

16. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Ok I know Iraq lost hosting Gulf Cup 2013 to Bahrain, but our Sports City in Basra is almost complete. So why not Iraq hosting the next edition? there are many Arabic federations gave their full support to us and they would love to come to Iraq. Besides there are words spread in media especially the commentators of the matches are saying that "This Cup loves Iraq" so it will be convenient to host it. Other Options 1. Qatar 2. Bahrain 3. Kuwait

17. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Iraq are hosting 2015 Gulf Cup aren't they? 2014 Arab Nations Cup would be a good testing event.

As for your other options. Qatar. No. Don't see how Qatar can be taken seriously, in recent memory they never ever compete in these or similiar events.
    Bahrain and Kuwait, yes. Can't see why not.

But to get the competition off the ground again in true fashion, I would suggest that it needs to go to Africa. Sudan would make a good host. I guess South Sudan will become members aswell one day?

But asking for Sudan, makes me feel like the same nations will onl come again, maybe throwing it at a Algeria might just make them feel to love UAFA again and potientially get other no showing members interested again.

Mussab86 repped this.
  18. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    I've been watching the Morocco - Yemen match today, the first match i've seen. A good game, in fact made me more interested than the current Euro's games.

Morocco, far to strong for Yemen. Yemen didn't offer much, but then again Morocco did look good. They can pass and move, something England never do (I'm English).

Great game to watch, the lad up front for Morocco scoring 4 goals looked a class player - will be interested to see what he does against better opposition.

19. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Libya 2:1 Bahrain
    Morocco 4:0 Yemen

Both Morocco and Libya go through.

Morocco as group winners on goal difference, Libya as best runner up, which can't be bettered by Group C.

Tomorrow, winner takes all between Iraq and Sudan. Iraq can go through with a draw, but a draw for Sudan will knock Sudan out. They must go for the win. Should be exciting.

As it stands, Saudi Arabia will meet Libya in the semi's. Morocco await either Iraq or Sudan.

20. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I don't think South of Sudan will ever join any Arabic organization.

Any way, I didn't see the games and I'm really feel sorry for the todays matches because the timing of the matches clashed with Arabs Got Talent finale XD

21. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Always clashing with something, be it football or reality.

When you say South Sudan won't join any Arabic organization, is this because they don't feel Arabic or because SouthSudan isn't an Arabic country? My earlier posting just struck me when stating Sudan could host next edition and that suddenly it struck me we had South Sudan!!! And i assumed they would fit into this mould, now, not so sure what South Sudan represent.

22. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Off topic
    Dalia Chih (or pronounced Cheh, Sheh, Shih) - 14 y Algerian girl

seriously how can you ignore this talent?

Back to topic
    About South Sudan; what is I know they don't consider themselves Arab and not only that.... they fought Sudanese Muslims for a very long time, South of Sudan is a considered a Christan country that was divided from a Muslim country, I think Arab themselves wont welcome them in the first place.

druryfire repped this.
  23. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    why dont you guys post the goals instead ? i dream of a day when someone brings the goals to my computer , and i am too selfish to contribute my time to
    1 - search for the goals.
    2 - post them here.

Saudi Arabia should host the next championship for the media hype.
    Bahrain vs Libya

Morocco vs Yemen

just how many penalties happened on stage one?

24. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    First 5 minutes
    Iraq 1-0 Sudan
    Salam Shakir our Defender and Captain scored from a corner kick

25. Mussab86