2012 Arab Nations Cup

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by druryfire, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    He is giving the chance to others to score
    My bet is on Hammadi Ahmed if he played as straight forward (and not as winger)
    Also I hope Mustafa Karim takes his full chance as a starter, he is a good striker.

2. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  3. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    ^
    pressuring the referee with a cheesy tactic ?

4. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    okay okay okay time for goals this what football is all about

oh wrong match :p

5. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Hey Serrro,
    Did you watch the match..How did the team played??

6. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Hey Serrro,
    Did you watch the match..How did the team played??

7. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    ^
    yes i watched the match ,they were okay.
    Abdulmajeed Alrweeli was great . he should join the A squad .

8. E_ViLL14

E_ViLL14 Member

Jul 6, 2010
    What standard is the squad Libya is competing with? Their fixtures aren't listed on FIFA.com. Even Morocco's fixtures are listed even though their squad comprises of domestic players only.

9. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I thought Saudis pressuring us with a cheesy tactics!!! because you know... I think Saudis are too desperate to win a tourney ;) and they would be glad if they see us withdraw... its good for them, really. Otherwise who would assign a referee his Country in the same group? either a stupid weak organizer or a smart cheap one. ;)

10. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    The Level of the teams entered this tournament

Saudi Arabia - B team
    Kuwait - B team
    Palestine - Not Sure

Morocco - Olympic Team
    Libya - Not Sure
    Bahrain - First Team
    Yemen - First Team

Iraq - First Team without Key players
    Lebanon - First Team without Key Players
    Egypt - Olympic Team
    Sudan - B team

P.s We are missing 6 key Players but I wouldn't call it a B team. Not sure about the other teams, they might miss 3 or 4 key players but yet they consider it a B team.

11. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    it's a friendly competition !
    and oh Saudi Arabia will win with or without cheese go withdraw we only need morocco and Egypt to improve this team .
    Nasser version 2

12. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Oh dont worry If we withdraw, you dont need both of Morocco and Egypt. with your cheap road to the final you defiantly going to face one of them. I mean your group of three with B team Kuwait and Palestine (no disrespect) then you are gonna play the best runner-up (so far a cheap road), then you gonna face probably Egypt in the final, but I think its gonna be 3-0 victory for Egypt.

this could be a better tournament if someone else organized the tournament. So far everything is crappy.

As for Iraq, I don't care less about the tournament, I only want to see our new players in action that's all. ;)

13. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Any way
    Morocco 4-0 Bahrain

next
    Libya vs. Yemen
    another 4-0 result?

14. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    oh come on Kuwait played with the A team we saw them . everything is crappy because we have those who cheese , next time we should invite proper football teams.

the Iraqi national always does these shows , oh the referee got black eyes ! the referee has black hair . i told u Nasser club version 2

15. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I Dont care about Kuwait, although Kuwait indeed missed key players and I wouldn't call this team an A team. Oh well I didn't saw the whole match because of the low quality of the game.

Answer me this and tell me in which tournament on earth they assign a referee that his country is COMPETING IN THE SAME GROUP? when you realize this is wrong then congrats you are a grown up man. So now you did realize you were acting like a kid minutes ago right?

Secondly you should thank Mighty Allah that Iraq in this tournament in the first place, Otherwise this tournament means nothing, really!! We are holding the record with 4 titles and without us as a "heavy team" this tournament is like..... nothing. But Oh well you kids would love to see more teams withdrawn just to add a new tourney to your list. really Cheap.

p.s What is Nasser club? never heard of it. Oh well forget it, never mind. I really dont care. :D

16. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
    I can understand that as a saudi you think that everybody around you applies the same dirty tactics as you do. But we are not going to degrade ourselves to your level. The iraqi fans don't care about your stupid tournament but we are going to say something if your incompetence is going to influence our participation; getting an egyptian referee and giving us a pitch with artificial grass (as the only team) and than apologizing for it and saying that it was a mistake. Bottom line: We will leave the dirty tactics to you since it's what you do best

Mussab86 repped this.
  17. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    i am not wrong i just criticized the Iraqi national team's actions. they always do this
    every middle eastern football fan knows Alnasser .

i am not wrong these shows always come from Iraqi national team. referee this . we will withdraw . we will do . we ...we ...we... just like Alnsser. they just ruin a perfectly fine tourny. ... in a friendly tournaments like the Arab nation cup and Gulf cup experience and testing is what matters not winning and losing .

remember i was not wrong i just criticized the Iraqi's team actions

PS we don't have artificial grass stadiums in Saudi Arabia

18. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  19. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  20. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    maybe they assigned him to avoid Iraq in the semi final .

21. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Gents, pls calm down a little bit. To me, I couldn't give a monkies as to which teams turn up, youth teams, A teams, B teams, each nation can use this tournament as they see fit.

I can't complain at Saudi Arabia and how they host it, because they are the hosts, who else would want to host? We last played this tournament back in 2002!!

It is wrong that Iraq and Lebanon get an Egyptian referee with Egypt are in the group. You would have thought whoever made this decision could see this backlash coming. But what repsonse from Lebanon? Nothing. Maybe they just get on with it?

Mussab86 repped this.
  22. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    actually I heard they complained about it too but I'm giving sources from my respective. any way they changed the referee to Moroccan one, so I have nothing to complain about for now.

23. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Disappointed with Bahrain really. I'm sure Peter Taylor the coach will be aswell.

As for Libya - Yemen - this to me is what the tournament is about. Two nations with similar cultures who play in different confederations coming up against each other in a competitive environment. Should be a good little game.

This is what Arab Cup organised by UAFA is about.

As for the nations missing from this tournament, surely if they don't want to play, then don't be a member of UAFA. The Arab Nations Cup can be a useful torunament for A teams trying out new players or for youth sides, but then again, it's a pity that their is AFC U22 qualification going on today, it would have been useful for Saudi/Iraq etc, etc to have maybe used a few players at that age as well.

Mussab86 repped this.
  24. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Well said ;)

25. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    i would love to see the cheese team lose against Lebanon.