2012 AFC U-19 Championship (Finals)

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by druryfire, May 13, 2012.

1. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Now there's a fight lol
    red for Kuwait

2. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    2 red cards for Kuwait

3. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran 6-0 Kuwait FT.

4. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    second red for kuwait

The Kuwaitis lost to themselves. They just didn't try! None of them showed up. They collectively decided to give up after a while.

I remember my team used to lose 10-0 in league games from time to time (oddly enough the ass rapeage always stopped at 10 goals), but we never gave up. One time we travelled for 3 hours to the other side of the city in -4 weather just to lose 10-1 but we ran like hell.

I love to see the stats for this match. Very odd game.

5. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Anyway..
    Quarterfinals are:
    Japan vs Iraq
    Iran vs South Korea

Gonna be tough. South Korea is a tough opponent. Too bad one of our best players (Azmoun) got suspended. Idiotic move by the coach to play him this game.
    Looking forward to a good match, come Sunday. :)

A lot at stake, as the winner qualifies to U20 World Cup.

6. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I just checked the qualification route for Korea and they qualified behind first place Thailand with a point less. Now Thailand didn't even qualify to the quarters here. Shows that the Koreans are very beatable. Japan wasn't a complete cake walk like Kuwait but it was easy enough. If the boys don't get cocky after this hammering, which they will be to a degree being 18 year old Iranian boys (lol), they will beat Korea and qualify to the U20 WC.

There are a ton of scouts here.Let's hope the boys impress. But even if they do, there's the sarbazi issue.

7. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    The spoiled Kuwaiti players should walk back to their miserable homes -- in shame. Our football association shouldn't waste a single dinar on airline tickets or bus fares for the sake of these sorry bums. I hope they stayed at a cheap accommodation in Dubai, although I doubt it, since our country is too generous for its own good.

I know this is "youth football" but there's no excuse for carelessness. There wasn't a single shred of patriotism among this group of losers today. There should be an ultimatum in Kuwaiti sports from now on: either play with heart and (national) pride or just don't play at all. I mean, why did these players even choose to represent their national team if they wanted to resort to carelessness and useless fighting?

Not only did they stop caring and lose by a heavy scoreline, but they also decided to end their campaign with two red cards. At least let's win a fair play award!

By the way, is it my imagination or do we have a player called "Farshad Morad" in our national side? That's, supposedly, the name of the player who got the second red booking.

Anyway, well done to Iran.

8. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Farshad is a Persian name. But his last name is arabized (it would be Moradi in Iran). Guess his ancestors were Iranian.

I don't mind the fighting at all. It's expected, don't look too much into it. They're young boys. Anybody who's played competitive football knows what I'm talking about. At that age you go off at an instant over the most idiotic things and you just don't think. Edit: it could also have been b/c of the way the Iranian boys started passing the ball in Iran's half. That wasn't the coolest thing in the world, but Kuwait wasn't playing anyway. I know if I was at that age I would have gotten sent off if the opposing team started mocking us by passing the ball around in their own half.

The big problem was the lack of effort. There is zero excuse to roll over, even at that age. If you're over 12 and you roll over, you need to go find another career. But how much money is there in the Kuwaiti league? It's not like UAE/Qatar is it? I mean I'm sure their careers are guaranteed since they're in the national team right now, so maybe they just don't give a crap?

Khaleeji kids in general are spoiled these days I guess. Who can fault them though with all that oil money lol

9. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran 6- Kuwait 0

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  10. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  11. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    lol @ 12.24 Kuwati player showing the finger to Iranian spectators after being shown red.
    If you loose, at least do it with some dignity. You could also see the referees disgust.

But kudos and respect to his teammate for walking over to him and giving him a good scolding.

12. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Saudi Arabia 1-1 Australia
    Qatar 2-1 Syria

Syria and Australia advances to QF.

Nurafshon repped this.
  13. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    The Saudi's are so unlucky.... :( Eliminated again by Australia...

14. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Dissapointing finish for Saudi. After dominating for 60 minutes and scoring a deserved lead they switch off completely and allow Australia to come at them. And the equaliser eventually came, right at the death.

There are some good players there, they're just immature and lack mental strength.

They go home now

15. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Damn, thats a really bitter way to go out.

16. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    What can you do :(

Anyway here are the goals:

Nurafshon repped this.
  17. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Just realised Australia would have been on their way out of the competition, had they not scored, as Syria has a better goal diff. So they had much incentive to push forward and score.
    Thats why its so dangerous fall back and let the opposing team take control.
    You guys should have pushed for a 2nd one.

Anyway, tough luck.

18. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    I am afraid that we cannot reach the group stage.((
    North Korea - Uzbekistan starts in 10 mins, online links r appreciated:)

19. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    North Korea has formidable youth team, but be positive Nurafshon jan! :)
    Uzbekistan has the quality.
    Ill post a link when match starts

Nurafshon repped this.
  20. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I have faith in Uzbekistan, and I hope that they'll win this match :)

Nurafshon repped this.
  21. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Uzbekistan 2-0 N.Korea
    First goal came from a penalty and I must admit that there was absolutely no penalty, and the referee was so bad not only in this case, but in many other cases too.

Jordan 5-2 Vietnam.

Uzbekistan and Jordan reach to 1/8 finals.

22. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Jordan 5-2 Vietnam
    Uzbekistan 2-0 North Korea

Uzbekistan and Jordan advances to quarter finals. The quarter finals match-ups are as follows:

Iran vs Korea
    Japan vs Iraq
    Uzbekistan vs Syria
    Jordan vs Australia

These will all be played on Sunday, 11/11-12.

23. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran and Iraq should be able to take out Korea and Japan.

24. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I hope that we will meet each other in the finals. Classic Asian Cup final :D