2012 AFC U-19 Championship (Finals)

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by druryfire, May 13, 2012.

1. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Video of Goals

Syria 5 - Saudi Arabia 1

Iran 2 - Japan 0

Nurafshon and teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  2. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    HT: Iraq 1-1 China PR

3. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    FT: Iraq 2-1 China

4. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    UAE 1-1 Iran FT.

5. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    looks like our problems with Qatar/UAE continues. This is like the 1000000000th 1-1 tie against UAE

6. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Qatar 2-4 Saudi Arabia FT

7. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Jordan 2-2 Uzbekistan FT

Nurafshon repped this.
  8. hanshin

hanshin New Member

Nov 4, 2012
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't want to hijack this thread, so this is my final post.

We play possession football and usually create more chances than you. :p

FYI: Number of Goals
    2014 WCQ -> Japan 11 Goals (4 Games) > Iran 2 Goals (4 Games)
    2011 AC -> Japan 14 Goals (6 Games) > Iran 6 Goals (4 Games)

Also, I disagree with you that our players aren't technical and lack individual brilliance. :mad:
    I've been a reader for years on this forum and you seem to be overconfident of your talents.
    Do you really think Iranian players are technically and individually better than Japanese?

Honda leads scoring points (goals+asissts) and holds the highest rating in the Russian league.
    Kagawa collected 13 goals & 12 assists for the Bundesliga Champions and was named in Europe XI last season.
    Nagatomo is a starter for Inter and tore apart Juventus' defense last week.
    I can go on and on and on.

9. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran had more chances than you last encounter. Hit the bar twice. Japan didnt really do anything with all that possession. Had maybe 1 or 2 semi-dangerous shots, but that was about it.

10. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This is a u19 tournament. This does not dictate the future of these players. Japan's way of playing will help these youngster in the future but playing styles like iran and North Korea will not develop the kids as much in result japan will be better in the future. Also Iranians complain that they play worse when they play weak Arab teams. This is because iran plays actuall attacking football against them . The reason why iran plays a closer game with top teams is because iran plays counter attacking football. Iran is basically under estimating Arab teams. Iran does not pass the ball well enough in all levels of football to beat a top asian team in a attacking style game

11. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If iran wants To emerge as a top asian team again. They need to change their game and even if they get destroyed In the beginning in the future it will pay off. In the u19 age physicality is very important. East Asian kids tend to develop later phsicality wise compared to other races. So that is why iran beat japan. Just simply over powered them.

12. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I think you are overexaggerating, especially when you compare Iran to North Korea. Iran does not defend with 11 men for 90 minutes and only relies counter attack. Maybe if they give the opponent too much respect and let them lead the game.
    I think the problem is that Iran gives teams like Japan and Korea too much respect. Sure they are good teams that are good at keeping possession.
    But in 2nd half when Iran started to press a bit more, it wasnt the same picture. We took the game to their half so it means we can play that kind of game as well. And we had more chances to score, we could have won the game 4-0.
    We just need to have right mentality and dont be afraid of pressing forward because as much as you might think that South Korea or Japan U19 are too overpowering for Iran, they quite frankly are not. Not at all to the extent you seem to believe. Sorry, but thats just my opinion.
    This team has individual skill, can play good possession football (if they do not stress) and surely has the physicality. So to sum up, I dont think it has to do with that Iran plays cautious defensive football, but more to do with the mentality.

" Iran does not pass the ball well enough in all levels of football to beat a top asian team in a attacking style game"

Simply untrue, and I think its more of a prejudice than actual observation.
    In all levels? Look U16 Iran-Australia match and how we dominated them in every facet of the game. Also take a look at the following Uzbekistan match, which granted we did loose, but played a very possession based football and nearly leveled. Its the same Uzbekistan that completely dominated Korea right before they got a lucky goal in the dying minute.
    This U19 has the same capability. Again, its all mentality and about keeping composure. If we get that in check, we'll be at least as good a team as Korea, if not better.

13. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    lol do you really think Iran are giving any respect to these teams ? Iranians are amongst the most patriotic and confident people of Asia, I'm not worried at all about the fact that they think they're better than those they're facing.

GoYoungrokba and Reach24 repped this.
  14. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Respect in the sense how they play the game. I mean it in a football term. Nothing about patriotism or shit like that.
    And I have never said anything of the sort, that we are better than every team we're facing.

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Iran doesn't give any more respect than any other random opponent, and I watched quite a few of your matches, they're rather very confident in themselves (and of course patriotism plays a role in terms of self esteem and motivation).

That's just a case of "what if" where you would want to see your team better than it is.

16. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    There's no what if. At least not anything other than what I have mentioned.
    As I said, when Iran actually started to press Japan in 2nd half, the match picture changed and we took it to your half and could a score a couple or three more.
    Maybe patriostism plays a role, but it was not what I was refering to. So..

17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    That's the match circumstances. As the other guy pointed out, Japan are not a very direct team, they tend to circle the box forever so once Iran got that they simply adapted.

It doesn't play a role directly but that's part of an aggregate of things that build someone's mentality. And it's highlighted a lot more during international games, where countries face to prove who's the best at something.

18. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Not really convinced about the patriotism part. Im sure there are a lot of other patriotic people, but when they play an actual superior team, they play to their abilities and what strategy suits best, even if it entails being more catious and showing more "respect".

19. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    lol OMG

look at how these people are so hurt from what I said earlier. Listen guys, as I said, you guys can go on to win the World Cup, but what I said applies to Iran-Japan encounters and it's my opinion that we have an easier time against you guys than the Koreans and even the arabs. I stated the reasons. Now I never said Japan is bad blah blah so don't turn the discussion into that. Japan is obviously Asia's best.

And yes, we do have more technical players. Just because Honda does better in Europe than say shojai who plays in a shitty spanish team it doesn't mean Honda is a more technical player. It means Honda is a better player over all, but shojai is better with the ball at his feet. Also, possession football isn't the next step for all countries in the world as you guys seem to think. Qatar and a lot of other shitty football teams play great possession football. Japan played awesome possession football and did ******** all against Iran a couple of days back.

Japan is a good team for many reasons, possession football is only one part and I would even say that Japan would far better if it adopted a less robotic way of playing (always sticking to the game plan and the dumb possession football). For me, I like to see Iran follow Korea. They don't do this whole "let's keep the ball for the sake of keeping the ball," but they know how to pass the ball around.

20. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I would rather have a better player then a more technical player...That's a no brainer.
    And also, it's just a U-19 tournament. You guys made over 10 different threads on PFDC boards after the 5-1 win against Australia's U-15 team or whatever.

21. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Re. your first point I agree, nobody said otherwise. The reality is that Iranian players are very technical (that's why we're top 4 on the planet in futsal ahead of most of South America and all of Europe+Asia) but we're lacking in other departments. That's why I originally said IRan would benefit massively if our players learned how to pass etc... The japanese poster came back and replied that of course Iran become better because possession football makes everyone better etc... That I disagree with a lot.

Re. your second point: Iran has always sucked hairy balls in youth football. In recent times things have started changing and this is all very exciting to Iranian fans. The narrative in Iran has been that our youth system etc... has problems so as a result our senior team is suffering. Now we're doing good in u-16, u-19 etc... That's why there are so many threads.

22. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    FT: South Korea 1-0 China PR
    FT: Thailand 0-3 Iraq

Iraq and South Korea advanced to the quarterfinals :D

Nurafshon repped this.
  23. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran-Kuwait 6-0 so far
    oddest football game I've ever seen. Kuwait gave up TOTALLY after 3-0. They haven't had a single shot on net all game. These boys need a good slap in the face.

Kutsuit repped this.
  24. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  25. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Dont think they wanna risk further injuries. Kuwait is playing so f*cking dity and now trying to hurt and pick fights with Iranian players. Pathetic display by the Kuwaiti team.